the signals.. what do they do or mean?

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
synchro
Private

the signals.. what do they do or mean?

Unread post by synchro » Wed May 06, 2009 3:39 am

i don't have the manual and so don'thave a clue what the 2 signals mean. obv it's for when enemy are near and you can't talk..er.. right? i don't recll ever using them when i originally played it years ago and, tbph, i played a lot of co-op when SS came out. back then i just blaasted everything to bits wo a cae in the world!

also, i should say, i had one character take conrol and ordered everybody into silent movement and defemsive mode until i got my guys in good positions for good tactical crossfire [silenced stens and de lyles or carbines and garands, bren is crap.. guy is dead before he gets a chance to fire if he's caught unaware].
but in tactical mode/real time, this chap would start taking pot shots when he should've been passive. rest of squad are ok but, possibly since i made him sqaud leader, he seems tot hink  the tactical orders i give him don't apply. every time i go into realtime in tac mode i notice his crosshair and have to pause and switch to 1st person to stop him blowig my careful planning by popping off every gerry he sees. madness.

anyways.. what do these signals mean?

thanks again, guys , and it's good to be back playing this great game.
NEVER SAY DIE AGAIN!

Jason
Administrator

Re: the signals.. what do they do or mean?

Unread post by Jason » Wed May 06, 2009 6:57 am

Hey man, welcome to the site

I just found a cool website, replacement docs, you can download the Hidden and Dangerous 2 manual here. It is scanned so it looks dodgy but it's there!
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

synchro
Private

Unread post by synchro » Mon May 18, 2009 8:05 pm

thnx, m8.

still doesn't explain very well tho. i think they are only used during tac mode when u want to stop  someone halfway thru an action. ie, pause/unpause. so, bit useless. never used them.
am stuck in czech atm and can't stop gestapo killing trebisski. tried charging the place but there must be about 50-60 gerries there. obv tried sneaking up but once i killed a guard near main building trebisski is dead within few mins. too many soldiers for me to take head on AND get inside building.

think i may try sniping gestapo from distance. prolly only 2 or 3 guys allowed to kill trebisski in the room. if i kill them then i can take on the rest at my leisure. must've played the SP game 2 or 3 times but can't rem how i did it all those years ago!
Last edited by synchro on Mon May 18, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER SAY DIE AGAIN!

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue May 19, 2009 1:32 pm

This level is a bitch, it was damn difficult in Hard mode :shock:

Basically you stick to the right of the map, you go through the fenced "paddock" area then jump through a window behind the main train station building and run up the stairs... sounds easy but yeah, trial and error :mrgreen: you will get there eventually

That strategy comes from the official guide as well... I would like to know if there is another way though especially on a harder game mode.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial