Where is that mod that gives you many stuff?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Gunner [nBk]

Where is that mod that gives you many stuff?

Unread post by Gunner [nBk] » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 am

I've been wondering where is that mod that give you 250 ammo, and many cheat stuff? and the mod that lets you fire your machinegun while standing up or crouching? Please help.

Jason
Administrator

Re: Where is that mod that gives you many stuff?

Unread post by Jason » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:04 pm

:shock: cheating is wrong
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Gunner [nBk]

Unread post by Gunner [nBk] » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:37 am

Im not gonna use it. But i still wanna try it.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:00 pm

Try it without use it? Good joke!  :mrgreen:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:51 pm

Would be good to fire the MG from the hip though... there are mods but no cheats and all the mods are just for MP I believe....

Gunner [nBk]

Unread post by Gunner [nBk] » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:20 pm

Im not gonna use it forever, but i really wanna try firing the mg from the hip, and using all the uniforms in the game.  At least tell me?

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:29 pm

There are enough cheaters in h&d online as it is. It really ruins it :(

Infact, most servers allow 3rd person view, which ruins it too, as you cannot use a stealth approach.
The whole game turns into a big "run and gun with MP44 or BAR" fest, as unfortunately those are by far the best in the game.

Also, why is the enfield so shit in this? It's accuracy is really poor. My guess is they just wanted to wank to the american market as they seem to have made all the american guns far superior to the uk ones. Enfields are also meant to have a quick/easier mechanism for pulling the bolt back so that they could be fired really quite quickly, however in the game they are just the same speed as any other rifle.
Also pistols are really unrealistically crap - 3 headshots to kill :S:S:S:S
And the fact that this game has really bad netcode - you shoot someone in the head and half the time it says "hit to left leg" or something, which makes sniping rather useless at medium range if they have full life as the only way for a kill is headshot and even if you aim for the head but hit them you are very unlikely for the game to actually give you a headshot :S  Then they are upon you and just spam you with their mp44. This game doesnt even have bullet drop in i dont think, so it's not even like that is the excuse.

Oh yes grenade spamming is another thing that happens a lot too. Especially at spawn points. Great joy :(

Also, the game just encourages you to shoot from the hip as the accuracy is the same just the recoil is more. And recoil is rather easy to control in this game anyway.

All in all the multiplayer could have been something really good but it isn't. I think it's probably best to stick to the singleplayer :(
Does anyone know any good realistic ones for multiplayer? Probably armed assault but my computer is a bit to crap for it? Also I would prefer a game that is mainly ww2 realistic and so mainly unscoped rifle combat (possible smg too but the rifle has to stand up against smg in that one shot is a kill or at least almost one and knocks their aim a lot.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:29 am

I do think H&D2 for MP when playing against other human players in Deathmatch etc. is crap the game just doesn't play well like that but for COOP it is perfectly fine. Just like SP as long as you aren't playing with too many noobs or run n' gun wankers. I like 3rd person at all times though, it's always been a huge part of the game for me.

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:45 am

Well yes, I can see why 3rd person is there, it helps to know where your body position is - as sadly it's not tied to the 1st person view so strictly. However really people tend to use it to look around corners/ over cover, which spoils things a lot. Mind you the sound engine could be better.

Thief is a good example of how to make sound work so that you can tell where people are - even if it is rather exaggerated. H&D doesn't do too bad a job, just that footsteps seem much to quiet when running full pace and it all feels rather mechanical - sound propagation might be a bit off i'm not sure. It's not bad though, and certainly plays better at stealth than a lot of other fps games.

One thing though - in the "capture the oasis" desert mission (3rd mission) I found it odd that if I engage the enemy from long range before I get to the oasis and snipe them then for some reason the ones inside the walls do not bother to call the radio for backup, instead they just come out and get killed so I can then come in and not fail that objective. However If I try and be stealthy and sneak my way inside, thinking it's more realistic and I must stop anyone getting to the radio, I actually find this makes me fail the objective. If you get in 10/20 foot of the building they magically know you are there (even when walking silently) and then call for help on the radio. So much for mr de lisle. It doesn't even let you get close enough to lob a grenade in there, the person in there just magically "knows" you are there. Very strange and opposite to how it should be.

Does it actually make any difference in the next mission?

Gunner [nBk]

Unread post by Gunner [nBk] » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:58 am

I have trouble using 3rd person, when i shoot my shots go somewhere else i am aiming at.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:35 am

Daniel wrote: So much for mr de lisle.
Well, you wouldn't have had that capability in late 1942. So, you are cheating anyway.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:56 pm

It doesn't even let you get close enough to lob a grenade in there, the person in there just magically "knows" you are there. Very strange and opposite to how it should be.

Does it actually make any difference in the next mission?
Hahaha, I spent a good time on this too! I think like H&D1 they have detecting ranges... so if you get with-in a certain range it sends signals to the AI to make them do stuff. I tried so many ways :cry:

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:01 pm

gunner - i mean people switch to third person to see where people are and then switch back to shoot.

Hmm when did they make the de lisle then? ooops :$ I will not take it with me next time. What about silenced sten too? You would have thought those weapons wouldn't have been available for you to choose then.

hehe yes that is a bit of a silly way of doing it, just by range, I agree Jason. Sadly the sound engine seems not so good - footsteps are much too quiet and enemies are not so sensitive to sound anyway - unless it is a gunshot. Oh well, I guess the unrealistic way of doing it from afar is the thing to do. Or did you find a way in the end? :D

Also does it make any difference in the next mission?

Oh yes also, would you recommend playing the game with patch or not? Cos i heard some things were disabled with the patch? What are the pros and cons?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:21 am

Most weapons in the game are introduced out of chronological order. They started prototypes of the De Lisle in 42, but trials were not held until early 43. Only about 130 were made and they were constantly improving it. Furthermore it was not a weapon for SAS operations, it was for the MIs and the SOE. Just using it in game you are pushing reality a tiny bit, as long as you are trying to portray everyday SAS men.

Same deal with the Suppressed Mk.2 Sten, mid 43 and a weapon designed for and used by the SOE and like organizations.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:37 am

What's MIs and SOE and what kind of things did they do?

Cos yes sas only seemed to be about stealth of approach and then hitting hard so no real need for silenced weapons as they would aim to cause a commotion anyway and also took a lot oftheir weapons/ ammo from the enemy. At least that's what it seems?