Fresh Fish!

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
7percent
Private

Fresh Fish!

Unread post by 7percent » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:35 am

Hidden and Dangerous is one of my favourite games ever. only problem is my computer was a bit dated, so while it ran fine, Devil's Bridge barely worked and Deluxe was unplayable.

Move on a couple of years and my friend's just gifted me a new PC! he's into his games and stuff so he upgrades regularily...

Downloaded Deluxe again, just about to complete it, and wow! almost forgot how good it is.... Also downloaded the Hidden and Dangerous 2 demo and I just can't quite get into it..

It does seem a lot more complicated, and the buttons are all in the wrong place.. should I persevere? I think I have to get myself a copy... just want some words of support...

Also, what are the reccomended add on missions to download for Deluxe? I notice there are loads on the site...

cheers!

Drozdov
Major

Re: Fresh Fish!

Unread post by Drozdov » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:21 am

Get yourself H&D 2, well worth the money these days, shouldn't be too hard to find an H&D 2 + Sabre Squadron expansion pack bundle for about £15.

H&D 2 isn't really any more complicated, more simple in some ways because you're not up against super-accurate freaks who can hit you in the head with an MP40 from 300m. It's a little more mainstream and simplified in some respects - like having it so you can only place explosives in locations marked with a big glowing red 'Dynamite goes here' marker. But it still offers good tactical play, and while the squad AI is far from perfect they can at least go from A-B reliabley without getting stuck or falling through the earth all the time.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

7percent
Private

Unread post by 7percent » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:54 am

that sounds good... and the price is right..

I just can't get used to the new controls, but to be fair when the original H&D came out I spent hours just trying to do the demo... those were the days :)

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:15 pm

I remember playing the H&D 1 demo when it first came out. Despite the bugs and the tendency to fall through the map into dimension X on the other side of the bridge or walk over the ladders and fall in the toxic river, that mission had such an atmosphere it convinved me to get the game. Was the first shooter game I bought actually.

7percent
Private

Unread post by 7percent » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:19 am

exactly the same with me.. got the game as soon as I could, fortunately a patch eventually appeared or I could have gone insane..

7percent
Private

Unread post by 7percent » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:16 pm

I can find H&D2 for about £4.40 on amazon market place (I'm in the UK)

any suggestions where I could find sabre squadron too??

Hepcat
Private

Unread post by Hepcat » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:51 pm

Hi
You can try game has Courage Under Fire, which is both H&D2 & SS for about £15

Hepcat
Growing old is compulsory
Growing up is an option

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:07 pm

eBay would probably be an option, but you can get the H&D + SS pack for £15 at the Game website here.

7percent
Private

Unread post by 7percent » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:25 am

thanks guys,

will probs try game so it will be brand spanking new and shiny :)

7percent
Private

Unread post by 7percent » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:50 pm

I really want to play this game called Fahrenheit too.. I can get Hidden & Dangerous 2 and Fahrenheit in Game's 2 for £15 offer, which sounds good to me...

How much does Sabre Squadron add to the game? considering I'm not an online player so won't be thinking about playing online (once I've completed the single player game maybe..)

So if I get fahrenheit and H&D2, and then I can look at ebay etc once I've completed H&D2?

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:22 pm

Sabre adds 9 sp missions some mp maps and the best it allows coop play. Also nearly any unofficial map needs Sabre to work

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:41 pm

SS adds some good single player missions, I'd say it's worth buying for them. I particularly like the first and second missions. The first is more like an H&D 1 mission, the others are something a bit different and maybe adapt better to co-op play, but they're still decent single player missions as well.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:52 am

There is also an HD2SS demo...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

7percent
Private

Unread post by 7percent » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:57 am

Cheers guys, thanks for all your help...

Dad was in a good mood yesterday, and I was ordering stuff online for him anyway, so ordered fahrenheit and H&D2... quite excited...

I got loads of games to work through at the mo, so not worrying about SS too much as it'll no doubt take me ages to complete H&D2... cross that bridge when I get to it :)