SS surrendering enemies

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
TomStone
Private

SS surrendering enemies

Unread post by TomStone » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:07 pm

I'm coming to the end of my first run thru os SS and so far have not noticed a single surrendering Nazi or Italian. Which men, from which mission are likely to surrender?

Oldih
Global Moderator

Re: SS surrendering enemies

Unread post by Oldih » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:35 pm

Well it greatly depends on difficulty and wheter it is scripted or not.

Usually there are some specific enemies to surrender, like in Ponte Grande one of the italian machinegunners at right side will surrender if you do "ambush" him.

However, there is very small chance that some enemies may randomly surrender. This is also very much difficulty dependant.

Also, the best way to get enemy surrender (if you don´t want to alert the rest) is to use silenced weapon to shoot close but not that you would hit him, repeat it few times and you may have got an enemy to surrender. This works out in some missions of original H&D2 but I am not sure about Sabre Squadron.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Drozdov
Major

Re: SS surrendering enemies

Unread post by Drozdov » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:59 pm

On Ponte Grande, there's an Italian on the right side near the MG42 that will surrender even if you've not crossed the bridge and his comrades beside him are still firing away at you.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]