new weapons?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Haj01
Private

new weapons?

Unread post by Haj01 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:19 pm

ive heard and seen pictures of weapons  that were taken out of the game. such as the flamethrower, silent colt mg42 that u can use standing up not fixed. and many more
ass anybody ever used these? and unlocked them some how? and does anybody know why they got removed?

Drozdov
Major

Re: new weapons?

Unread post by Drozdov » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:02 pm

Interview with some IS developer on this site:
Q. Before the release of H&D2, media such as screenshots and movies showed things that weren't in the released game. There is too much to list but some examples include screenshots taken of scenes that aren't in the game, one scene was a bride with a train on it, another a warehouse. Another example is a movie showing a player speed crawling on his hands and knees. Even some weapons such as the flamethrower were taken out. How much and why were these things taken out of the final product?

A: We re-worked few things in original H&D2, so some of the features were lost in order to put new ones in.
Basically, they changed H&D 2 radically quite late on in the development process, and a lot of stuff was lost. Think they made the right decision, flamethrowers and hip-fired MG42s aren't in keeping with the H&D spirit. Silent colt would have been nice, don't know why they removed that but I guess it was unnecessary with the De Lisle and silent Sten.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Alexander
Captain

Unread post by Alexander » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:14 pm

did a silent .45 caliber even excist at that time?  :-?
Rendevouz with destiny!

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:59 am

Yeh, the De Lisle...  grin01

Don't know if there was a silenced Colt .45 pistol though.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:08 am

I dont think a silenced M1911 exists now even; atleast factory made...

The allies had more effective silenced pistols at the time...

What I dont think existed was the silenced P08...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:19 am

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: I dont think a silenced M1911 exists now even; atleast factory made...

The allies had more effective silenced pistols at the time...

A lot of movies have a Silenced P08 such as the Deadly Dozen and Where Eagles Dare - movies aren't exactly fact-based but I doubt they make up such a weapon grin01
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:54 am

Who had the silenced P08 in WED? Its one of my favourite films but I don't remember it.

I wish they'd kept the Mg34/42 in, not hip fireable obviously but the same as the current LMGs.

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:53 am

Well Germans made a device that allowed you to fire behind corners, worked only with MP44 though.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:05 pm

Heh, I remember someone posting a link to the 'bendy' MP44, don't believe it was actually used though. No idea about a silenced P08, but what I did find out from the internet is that any semi/automatic pistol can be fitted with a silencer in theory. So, while I didn't find anything to suggest the 1911 was ever officially made with a silencer, it's not impossible that a pistol would be modified with a silencer by an SAS man. Same thing with the P08.

They should have had the MG34 in H&D 2, I assume it was far more common than the ZB and more MG34s were produced than MG42s.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:39 pm

Im sure they would make up a weapon like that; countless movies do...

Post pics from the movie so I can see how they made it...

The Luger ingame is deffinatly fake; the way its set up, the threads would be on the inside of the barrel, which is not feesable...

The 1911 would not be easily modifiable; you would need a threaded barrel and a silencer to fit the barrel, not practically made by "an SAS man"...

There were more effectivly silent pistols that were used by the SAS sucjh as the Welrod...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Haj01
Private

Unread post by Haj01 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:56 pm

but somethink they had in H&d1 that ive seen videos for h&d2 u could roll left and right whilst crouching or lying down. but they took that out. i wonder wwhy.

also its not fair how the bots can shoot zb's and other heavy guns standing. and we cant. they should of made it that your stamina determines how long u shoot heavy guns standing. and when stamina runs out u can't shoot it stannding anymore till it goes back full. i hope they do something like that in the next game.
Last edited by Haj01 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:24 pm

also its not fair how the bots can shoot zb's and other heavy guns standing.
I believe this is game engine problem\some AI code issue.

Usually they hit the dirt quite soon after they fire while crouching but not always.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:05 pm

I think Haj has to good ideas...