Medi packs

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
TomStone
Private

Medi packs

Unread post by TomStone » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:46 pm

I'm assuming that there are still people out there playing (and enjoying) the campaign. Personally I am.

Anyway, I was aware that a few gamers liked to restrict themselves to only one member of their squad caryying medi packs, whether for more realism, challenge, whatever. What I'm doing this time through the campaign, though, is giving all my men a small medi. In terms of realism it seemed to fit more closely with my own view that each of the guys would have a limited tyraining in first aid. Thus the small increase in health they get from patching themselves up is more 'real' than a full top-up from a guy with a high first aid. Just my thoughts....

Oldih
Global Moderator

Medi packs

Unread post by Oldih » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:14 pm

Something diffrent for you to do.

Take a medic, and load him with large medipacks (1-2, if possible. One is the minimal) and several small ones if possible.

Now, those who goes more into CQB, give a small medipack, and those who barely goes (sniper\rifleman, Bren gunner etc), leave them without.

I usually use this since only the guy who is mostly in CQB gets hits from time to time.

Not possibly realistic but for gameplay part, it works out pretty well.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Medi packs

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:13 pm

I agree with giving each man a personal first aid kit...

But I still have 1 medic with full medical equipment...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Medi packs

Unread post by Jason » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:55 pm

Yeah I've tried both ways. Amazing how much difference it can make :shock:

Have you played the original lately? no med packs :wink: but I think the hit damage is greater in the original. Of course it depends on who you pick.

I think overall I probably do what vitam does. I give 3 of my men a normal sized med-pack then "doc" a large med-pack.

I really suggest playing the game in hard mode. Then play it lone-wolf in hard mode. You will soon learn not to rely on the med-packs. Although sometimes the AI can make the most "amazing" shots :? :P
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Drozdov
Major

Medi packs

Unread post by Drozdov » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:04 am

I always have just the one medic, who I give two large kits at the start of each campaign. Sometimes the others pick up small medi kits along the way, but generally I have the healing done by one guy.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Oldih
Global Moderator

Medi packs

Unread post by Oldih » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:55 am

I really suggest playing the game in hard mode. Then play it lone-wolf in hard mode. You will soon learn not to rely on the med-packs. Although sometimes the AI can make the most "amazing" shots
.___.
{O,o}
/)__)
-"-"-
O'RLY?

(sorry, I had to do this 8) )

Well hard is actually rather strange sometimes, but very hard.... enemy soldiers posses zero-reflexes and aims to the head.

TomStone
Private

Medi packs

Unread post by TomStone » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:53 am

I really suggest playing the game in hard mode.
Yeah, is that the one where you get zero save slots? That would be a real commitment on my time but, onve I'm through with SS on the difficulty below that one, I'll have a break from the game then return to play through both campaigns on the next setting (using the difficulty level changer for the annoying Babes in the Wood bug).

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Medi packs

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:16 am

I agree, I hate hard, I like easy, but I play on normal...

But hes saying you should play on hard, that way it forces you to play realisticly and find concealment before you fire on enemys...

I rather play realistically on easy... :wink:
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

TomStone
Private

Medi packs

Unread post by TomStone » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:38 pm

Well I must be on hard now since I get 3 save slots. Is the next one V. Hard? That must be the one with zero saves. Actually, is there all that much difference between the two highest difficultyy settings in terms of enemy AI, accuracy, etc? TBH I'm findiing Hard a good enough challenge as it is.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Medi packs

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:19 pm

I really dont use saves; only time I save is when Im in a position that Ill want to play again later...

Jason
Administrator

Medi packs

Unread post by Jason » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:37 am

[quote=""TomStone""]Well I must be on hard now since I get 3 save slots. Is the next one V. Hard? That must be the one with zero saves. Actually, is there all that much difference between the two highest difficultyy settings in terms of enemy AI, accuracy, etc? TBH I'm findiing Hard a good enough challenge as it is.[/quote]Yeah more so with hit-points and how much damage their shots do.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Cinnander
Corporal

Medi packs

Unread post by Cinnander » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:20 pm

I find hard and v hard are just pointless because you get headshotted across the map by some jerk with an mp40.

That, and when YOU shoot THEM they don't seem to need any recovery period, but YOUR aim goes right off :roll:

It was almost as daft as the hardest setting in H&D, which made enemies empty the entire clip at once...
// cinn

Oldih
Global Moderator

Medi packs

Unread post by Oldih » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:52 pm

I find hard and v hard are just pointless because you get headshotted across the map by some jerk with an mp40.
Hard is somewhat logical (in common) but very hard goes beyond my logics.

I agree with that MP40 part, I remember once in SS while playing on very hard, in Sicily2 I got literally sniped by MP40 guy from accross the map. I wonder how they trained their troops then :lol:

So, hard is somewhat logical in common, but very hard..... I suggest you don?t touch it, even with a long stick.