Armored vehicle in the Alps mission?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
JJ
Private

Unread post by JJ » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:19 pm

This is the mission in Babes In The Woods campaign where you nick the german truck and uniform.

Anyway.. I happened to read the walkthrough after I played the mission and it said I'd need a bazooka for the armored truck coming down one of the roads. It also mentioned destroying the vehicle as one of the secondary objectives.

Well I didn't have a bazooka with me nor did I see any armored vehicles anywhere :? Only thing I had coming at me besides the germans was that friggin' dog. Which I took out with one neat headshot.

So basically I was just curious if everyone else had to tangle with the truck..

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:44 pm

Yeh, it always appears for me. It comes round the corner of a road that joins the main path at a certain point, just after the bit with the civilian loggers. It's not much to fear, since for some reason the half-tracks in H&D 2 have no machine guns. You don't need a bazooka for it, just strafe the troops with a Bren gun as they get off. First time I played through it, the half-track was destrpyed by my LMG gunner on AI control - don't know how that happened, all he did was shoot at it and it went boom. Not sure if that's possible with the latest patch or what.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

JJ
Private

Unread post by JJ » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:48 pm

Funny.. I didn't even get a glimpse at it..

But then again, I played it in very stealthy manner.. All of my men had silenced weapons (except the sniper rifle) and I sneaked my way thru. No unnecessary hassle.. sorta like 1 bullet/enemy.

Wonder if that had anything to do with it.. they couldn't call for back up cos they didn't know what hit em. 8)

SAS .. Stealth Assassino Squad :lol:

Malefactor
Private

Unread post by Malefactor » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:32 pm

I've never had a problem with the half track showing up on
that particular mission,except for one time when I took too long taking out the soldiers between the start of the mission and the location where the half track shows up.
Perhaps there is a time limit to reach that 'T' intersection where the vehicle appears?

There are panzerfaust(s) to be found on the map,which is what I usually use to take out the half track.

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:32 am

This a has to be a buggy map. Sometimes for me the halftrack has blown up just after the soldiers get out IF it shows up & i am unable to complete the optional objective. Also sometimes the dog just disappears.
JJ: You seen any of the eastereggs yet?
http://www.freewebs.com/hnd2/walkthrough.htm

JJ
Private

Unread post by JJ » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:20 pm

Could be a bug too..

..since, now that I think of it, I was also unable to carry any dead enemies. I tried dropping all the stuff I was carrying and took off all the enemy's equipment too but the Take-option remained greyed out.. :?
Or has the guys I've used just been too weak for the task, 'cause that has occured in other maps too. :D

There was also a neat lil' glitch in Operation Seawolf. At one point the mine-layer boat's rear deck texture changed into one of the facial textures.
It showed a guy with a beard. Saving and loading fixed it tho but it looked pretty fucking weird :lol:

@ Grimples: nope, haven't seen 'em "live" yet. Thought I'd check 'em out once I finish the SP campaign.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:05 pm

The easter eggs are only working with version <=1.06. They had to remove them :( However I?, working on burma1co atm and there you can activate the easter egg again :twisted:

JJ
Private

Unread post by JJ » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:43 pm

Ahh.. I see.

Oh well, might as well do a clean re-install after finishing the campaign ...if I find a sudden urge to really dig out all the 'eggs :D

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:02 pm

Thank you Lars... Hurry it up!
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:18 am

Burma1 easter egg DOES WORK in 1.12, I actually done it when I replayed the campaign from start to the end.

But yes, that armoured vehicle stuff can be bug, since sometimes it does not show up. Also, it sometimes appears to be blowing immediatly after the crew bails out (if you fire some shots to it with some heavier weapon, or silenced sten for example).

And usually it should appear in that crossroad near that one MG42 nest, and where you can steal one other uniform from one guard, atleast in normal.

But yes, it can be bug as H&D2 is full of small bugs.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

JJ
Private

Unread post by JJ » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:49 pm

Yeah, some of the bugs are amusing but some can be quite annoying.

Like the one I've been suffering lately.

In the Lighthouse map the game crashes everytime just after couple of minutes and I get tossed back to the desktop, just to get the "We're sorry for the inconvenience.." box. This never happened in any other level.

Oh well.. at least HnD makes sure I won't play too long hours. Neat little safety precaution feature :roll: :lol:

Sgt_Steiner
Private

Re: Armored vehicle in the Alps mission?

Unread post by Sgt_Steiner » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:18 am

I've seen the armoured vehicle almost all of the times i have played and replayed that mission, you dont really need a bazooka to destroy it, just a well placed grenade. usually i let it come to a stop by shooting at it then kill all the troops that come out of it, after which i just roll a grenade under the vehicle which then goes KABOOMM!!! you need two or more grenades if you dont land them directly under the halftrack. about the bug i'm not so sure but i think it exploded once when my bren gunner fired at the hood.. i dunno as i wasnt watching closly then.