What do you think of the new coop mode?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:42 pm

A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Alexander
Captain

Unread post by Alexander » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:29 am

iam perhaps (finally, stupid stores) getting ss today, :P but this really doesnt sound good, i was hoping it was gonna be like beta testing, all BAR whores running around (though wasnt much BAR action going on, more sniping or sten gun runners)

O'boy! now iam leaving to go buy it.... OOooOooOOoOOOOOooooo :P :P :P :P
Rendevouz with destiny!

dutch89
Corporal

coop time frame

Unread post by dutch89 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:54 pm

Do we have any idea when the full coop patch will arrive, so we can play the original H&D2 maps in SS. Just had my first coop lan, the first 2 maps are good but then it seem to turn into a version of 1942 - and then i think the last few maps are back to what the original game was like- I hope take 2 stop trying to compete with straight out shot en up game and go back to what the game was all about. TeaM WORK, AND NOT A LARGE BODY COUNT. Still enjoying the game though.

Cheers

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:35 am

No idea when the coop maps are coming, I will send some emails and see what the officials say :wink:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

dutch89
Corporal

LIMITED WEAPONS

Unread post by dutch89 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:08 pm

Why are we so limited with weapons, they are SAS soldiers - they should have anything they want for a mission. More use of the aqua lung, maps like getting aboard boats or swimming onto islands like Crete and silently taking out guards. The coop maps are a far cry from Deluxe. Take2 have there work cut ot to make the game as good as the original. And quite a few of the maps made by the guys at home 4 Deluxe and better than what this great gaming company has made with a better engin and graphics. I will go back to playing the original.

Cheers Dutch

olemiss
Corporal

Unread post by olemiss » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:23 pm

I haven't even been able to play MP since i installed sabre squadron, all of the pings are like 9999, and most of the servers are grey, ive downloaded the patch, and have a cable modem, so i dunno what the deal is, it's a shame since it's a decent single player game. and for you guys going back to the original, it may be funner but geez people, look at the graphics, it gives me a headache just to look at H&D deluxe after played H&D 2 for awhile.

Kabaz
Private

Unread post by Kabaz » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:10 pm

Im new here so i will just answer on main question for now.
Coop is great when you play with serious peoples!!

BFI
Private

Unread post by BFI » Sun May 01, 2005 4:49 am

I love co-op, ive only played it LAN with a couple of friends but it adds a new level to the game, im eager to play the HD2 mission co-op too, i think it ismentioned in the manual but it was talkin about OBJ like mp :(

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Sun May 08, 2005 8:33 am

Coop is fun with a friend(s) but it wont work so well in public.

Main reason why I dislike the coop abit is that it is really rather deathmatch than something else, like the info that you hit to that and that takes some feel out from it, and also that you killed someone- message takes feel out alot, and somehow it wont feel the same as the H&D1 coop long time ago....

H&D2 coop is good to play with friends to really make tactical approaches and so on but why on earth they removed the ability to drag bodies off from mp? Sometimes it gets annoying if you kill enemy with silenced weapon, another one who patrols notices body and alarm is up in matter of seconds :lol:

But well, when the original H&D2 coop maps come, they should make them feel more like they really did, also to make options to remove the deathmessages from MP, would give really great atmostrophe that you dont know did you hit or not, or did he die or not (F.E. someone just ran into cover and before he got there you hitted once) and so on, also some new voice commands would be appreciated.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words