Character shooting stat in PvP

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Ikaros
Sergeant

Character shooting stat in PvP

Unread post by Ikaros » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:58 am

Hi everybody.

I don't know if this has already been asked or answered, but...
Is the shooting ability of the chosen character relevant in PvP (i.e. multiplayer maps like Occupation or Deathmatch)?
If I pick a character with 86% shooting, are my shots more accurate than picking one with 61%?
Or is this relevant only if the character is controlled by the A.I.?

I made a few tests trying using both these characters, and shooting at a tiny spot on a road sign, but I could not come to any conclusion.
My impression is that is not relevant, though.

Bye!
Ikaros

jacobston
Lieutenant

Re: Character shooting stat in PvP

Unread post by jacobston » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:19 pm

From my experience, it seems to impact the sway of the scope when sniping (I could be imagining it though, might be worth its own test).

It's certainly not the most important stat when choosing a MP player, to my mind: Strength, Endurance, and First Aid skills are all far more tangible.

Ikaros
Sergeant

Unread post by Ikaros » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:53 pm

Oh, well. When you're shooting at long range at someone campering in the bushes, it could be very important, I think. For instance in Czech #6, with all those open fields and distant hiding spots...

Ikaros
Sergeant

Unread post by Ikaros » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:25 pm

I did further tests. It definitely changes the maximum time he can hold his breath. The oscillation of the ironsight remain the same, it seems to me.