NEW VTM GAMETYPE

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
~WCK~Die Nadel
Private

NEW VTM GAMETYPE

Unread post by ~WCK~Die Nadel » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:20 am

West Coast Killers (~WCK~) has designed a new style of gameplay. We call it the VTM, V.I.P. Team Match. This is not just a new game type but also SOME EDITED FAVORITES AND SOME REVISED SINGLE PLAYER MAPS NEW TO MUTLIPLAYER GAMEPLAY:!:

Here's the setup: You are either Defending your VIP or Trying to kill the opposing VIP. Only one team has the VIP at a time. Each map has been customly tailored to encourage teamplay, modifying weapons, uniforms, vehicles, and map items. These maps are currently designed for 16 player servers, 8 player teams. We personally suggest that you play with a team of friends instead of public players and we advise that you use teamspeak to coordinate your team.

Some of you may have seen our server up and noticed that it has been passworded, this is because custom map files are needed to play these maps. These files are still in development and will be released, in portions, these files are set for release shortly, we have several maps already completed and ready for release, and you can expect maps to start being released as soon as final spawn point checks and glitch checks are completed.

WCK has started its own page in preperation for release of the new maps, the page is http://wckusa.com we apologize for the simplicity of the site, and it will be upgraded over time. We are looking for testers or teams of testers, to further check our maps for glitches and gameplay. You may apply in our forums, but before posting, make sure you meet the requirements listed on the VTM site.

I have personally played each of these maps multiple times, and I believe that this new modification is the BEST thing that has ever happened to HD2.

We will be updating this thread as maps are released and we hope these screenshots spark your interest in our new Hidden and Dangerous: Sabre Squadron mod, V.I.P. Team Match.

http://www.wckusa.com/VTMgallery1.html
Last edited by ~WCK~Die Nadel on Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Death is the solution to all problems,
no man, no problem.
~Joseph Stalin

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

NEW VTM GAMETYPE

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:50 am

Looks great!! expecially the one on the boat :D
Edit:hehe your intro sound wave is great!! very funny :D
Last edited by Berry_Racer on Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Administrator

NEW VTM GAMETYPE

Unread post by Jason » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:07 pm

Sounds great, looks good, can't wait :wink:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

~WCK~Die Nadel
Private

NEW VTM GAMETYPE

Unread post by ~WCK~Die Nadel » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:42 am

Remember we are looking for testers, apply at http://wckusa.com
no man, no problem.
~Joseph Stalin

~WCK~Die Nadel
Private

NEW VTM GAMETYPE

Unread post by ~WCK~Die Nadel » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:53 pm

UPDATE:
The First wave of VTM MAPS HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!!!!!
Download them @ www.wckusa.com click on VTM, the link is at the bottom of the page, there are also some notes about this release that should be read before you start, these can be found in the forums.

Let me again stress how much fun these maps can be if played right, read the rules and try VTM out, I highly recommend it to all HD2 players.
no man, no problem.
~Joseph Stalin

Glue
Corporal

VTM Demo maps (important)

Unread post by Glue » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:39 pm

Please read this first, before downloading VTM maps!!!

I've noticed something minor, when connecting to the Demo server. Do not double-click on the "DEMO-wckusa.com" server. Just single click it and then select "JOIN GAME.

Also, if the server comes up as a "DEATHMATCH", simply click on "UPDATE LIST" and do the above steps.

Thanks,

Glue

Glue
Corporal

VTM Maps

Unread post by Glue » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:32 pm

Thanks Die, for spreading the word about VTM.

Jason, thanks for having us on your forum. I'm glad we finally get to communicate with you guys on the other side of the map..

I'm sure you read our posts in DBV's forum, so I guess you're up to date on all the info..

VTM brings out a whole other side to H&D2 gameplay. For Example: On the smaller maps, we have removed the VIP and all player markers from the map. You now have to go into the level BLIND!!! With no help from the map, you and your team must rely on tactics and voice communication (via Teamspeak) to maneuver throughout the map, not knowing what lies behind every door and every corner. The next door may lead to the VIP, or maybe an Ambush!!!.... It's intense !!!!

Jason, if you can gather some of your troops together, I would be more than happy to set up a time for you guys to test the server with us, the correct way. A demo just can't do VTM justice. You will also be able to test more maps (including the boat and Poland).

I hope you guys will register on the ~WCK~ VTM forum, so I can keep tabs of all those who are seriously interested in playing more VTM in the future and start forming teams.

Thanks for the comment regarding the soundclip Berry_Racer. I put that clip together last December, while I was visting the In-Laws :wink: There's actually an Arctic Pic, that goes with it, but I didn't want to replace the one from our Title Page. BTW nice job with the site Jason... It's very clean...

Hope to see more of you guys in the near future,

~WCK~Glue

Lars
Commando

NEW VTM GAMETYPE

Unread post by Lars » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:16 am

I wish I had more time for testing them ... just had an quick go through them. Well the gameplay looks like it could work :) Good job so far. Have to talk to gub about the flag problem if the volumes could removed in an better way, just to have make sure if that could be done... I only touched 1 or 2 occupation maps. Oh only one more question. Do you want to made them public when they are finished or will they be an mod for only some choosen ones?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

NEW VTM GAMETYPE

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:20 pm

Are those VTM maps random VIP? Allies then Axis?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Glue
Corporal

A short word on VTM maps

Unread post by Glue » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:03 pm

Lars, Thanks for taking the time to look at the demo.. I need to head off to work right now, but I will put in a post, explaining what our vision is for the VTM maps. VTM is a VERY big project. Right now I think we have over 15 different VTM maps ready for testing or release, with the potential of over 30 maps! In some of the larger maps.. (Africa 5, Czech 6, Arctic 4, etc.) I may make keep them as a 32 player map. I'll talk more about this later....

Vitamin.... The way the server is set up.. First 2 rounds are (AXIS VIP) and the second 2 rounds are (Allied VIP). The map name clues you in to which team has the VIP....... " VM-Arctic2(AX) " (AX) for Axis and (AL) for Allied. Thanks again to whomever helped come up with those abbreviations. (I can't go back to see, since my old post, no longer exists on DBV's forum.. ) :(

Glue

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

NEW VTM GAMETYPE

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:06 pm

Well the maps you released...

They dont have a set vip...

Is that a bug maybe?

Ofcourse I mean for me, LoL
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Glue
Corporal

NEW VTM GAMETYPE

Unread post by Glue » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:25 pm

They dont have a set vip...
Could you please explain what you mean ???

You never were able to pick who was going to be the VIP.. Your team just has to adapt to whomever it is.. (may even have to switch weapons and ammo with the VIP.. )

The good news is, that (in smaller maps) you won't have a little red dot following you around the map anymore.. The VIP can actually hide now.

Glue
Corporal

VTM Testing / Playing this weekend !!!!

Unread post by Glue » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:09 pm

Okay, the weekend is approaching and some of you got a chance to see a few demo maps. How many people can commit to some VTM testing, this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Please specify which session/s you'll be attending...

Session 1: Friday night (8PM - San Francisco time) (3AM - London Time) This test session is usually for the U.S. / Canadian players and Die-Hard European HD2 fans (such as Grimples). (oh yeah, and the guy from Puerto Rico). Those in Austrialia and New Zealand are welcome to join in..

Session 2: Saturday (Noon - San Francisco Time) (8PM -London Time) This test session caters to the Europeans. I really need a headcount from you guys for this one. I've included this session to give those in Europe a chance to be a part of the VTM project (please specify, if there's a better time during the weekend for you to attend).

Session 3: Saturday (7PM - San Francisco Time) (2PM - London Time) This was the time we originally started testing the VTM maps. Please let me know if we should keep this session going? Maybe this session should be more about playing, than testing.

Session 4: Sunday (Noon - San Francisco Time) (8PM -London Time)
Please let me know if there is interest for this time?

To reserve a spot in one or more of the sessions above:
Just add a post here , send me an email, or post on the ~WCK~ VTM Forum. I will keep you informed of the responses or lack there of...

Let me know what time works for you, so we don't waste each others time...

Thanks,

Glue

(This post will be placed in a few HD2 forums)

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

NEW VTM GAMETYPE

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:22 pm

I can probably sign up for all of them, to test ofcourse.

Glue
Corporal

NEW VTM GAMETYPE

Unread post by Glue » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:05 am

ViTaMiHnM203,

Please make sure you register on the WCK forum, or send me an email ( glue@wckusa.com ) so I can send you the Username, password and Teamspeak server IP for the sessions.

Friday's session is filling up quite nicely..

I will be posting a list of confirmations for Friday and Saturday, as soon as I get home from work...