H&D2 multiplayer woes

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
olemiss
Corporal

H&D2 multiplayer woes

Unread post by olemiss » Sun May 29, 2005 7:06 am

is it just me, or is multiplayer in the greatest game every simply ANNOYING 90 percent of the time. from every allie against you having a BAR, cutting you down the second you spawn, to people running around without shooting, running in the open throwing impact grenades like maniacs, it's just sad. occupation is really the only fun mode of multiplayer, save coop. i personally think this is one of the most beautiful-looking games i've ever played in my life. it is truly sad the multiplayer suck as much as it does. the developers have really screwed up as well, for it's nice for us that they have made the hallmark of WW2 games, BUT, in the long run, we're all gonna quit playing it, due to the annoyance of having to play the SAME levels, over & over. If they had only made it moddable, who knows, maybe this would have been the next flashpoint. seriously doubt it, but, then again, you never know.

BadBreath
Private

H&D2 multiplayer woes

Unread post by BadBreath » Sun May 29, 2005 7:28 am

Well speaking for myself, I only play coop. And then I usually only play with some coworkers while using teamspeak. This way we can play the game in a strategic way, which I find much more satisfying.

BB

Jackass
Lieutenant

H&D2 multiplayer woes

Unread post by Jackass » Sun May 29, 2005 10:49 am

Clanplay = Strategic = Occupation 8)
Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - Intel Pentium 4 3.4

Proud member of Butcher & Bolt

Drozdov
Major

H&D2 multiplayer woes

Unread post by Drozdov » Sun May 29, 2005 11:03 am

Clanplay = Lame = Occupation

:P

Quite often H&D multiplayer is spoiled by either the BAR toting lamers or the contact nade throwing arseholes. I still think H&D is the most enjoyable mulitplayer FPS I've played, with the best gameplay and the best maps. Shame there aren't enough of them, and no possibility of making new ones. Modding the existing maps is hard enough.

Objectives is my favourite style of game, though. I became a convert to Obj mode once I was fed up with Occupation, maybe you should give it more of a try.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Jackass
Lieutenant

H&D2 multiplayer woes

Unread post by Jackass » Sun May 29, 2005 12:06 pm

I totally agree with Drozdov here once again. Amazing isn't it. 8)
Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - Intel Pentium 4 3.4

Proud member of Butcher & Bolt

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

H&D2 multiplayer woes

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon May 30, 2005 12:52 am

I dont really understand why you complain about contact grenades, since every1 knows you can just disable them. I realize you might be hosting your server with a maplist that is compliant with clanbase rules, but thats your fault. Disable them and stop complaining!

The BAR, I never really have a problem with. Only about 1 in 6 people use a BAR on my server. My problem is people leaving when they cant get a kill. I end up having to change the name of my server everyday becuz people remember they cant win on it. LoL
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Drozdov
Major

H&D2 multiplayer woes

Unread post by Drozdov » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:32 pm

I dont really understand why you complain about contact grenades, since every1 knows you can just disable them. I realize you might be hosting your server with a maplist that is compliant with clanbase rules, but thats your fault. Disable them and stop complaining!
Yeh, I'll just go and disable them... oh wait, it's not my server! Oh wait, I can't host a server!

So are you saying we should only play on our own server if we don't like the default settings? Great plan, I'll do that now, though nobody else can join I'm sure I'll have fun.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

H&D2 multiplayer woes

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:26 am

LoL, you are quoting me to annoy me correct?
I know you know it bothers me in long posts, not small ones.
Funny guy, trying to provoke me.

Arnt you in the fake 1FJD? Im pretty sure I saw like 3 1FJD servers.
Are you saying they dont care what you like?

Actually yes if you dont like the "natural" settings, make your own server and play there. Thats what I did, I was blocked by shit too but I got around it. Try figuring a way around your problem. Would you like me to help you?

Or hey, play on my server, no contact nades. :)
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Drozdov
Major

H&D2 multiplayer woes

Unread post by Drozdov » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:09 pm

I don't have total power of the server myself, I don't think we've removed contact grenades from our servers yet, though most of us want to. It's not like I only play on our server, it's often empty, so I go to other servers. You can't just play on the servers you like all the time, there's a good chance you'll be playing with yourself most of the time.

I quoted you so my answer made sense, so people knew what I was referring to. That's the whole idea of quoting posts, what's so bad about being quoted? Don't like being reminded of the rubbish you've typed? grin01

Jason
Administrator

H&D2 multiplayer woes

Unread post by Jason » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:42 am

Play nice lad... ies funny01
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

H&D2 multiplayer woes

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:14 am

I had said it only bothers me in long long posts like the ones Lardass and myself were dishing out.

Becuz it ruins the asthetics for me of reading the post uninterupted.
I basically know what I typed so I can figure out what you are replying to, and I would think other people could aswell, but it didnt bother me when you posted it, becuz your post was so small.