time bombs

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
paul
Corporal

time bombs

Unread post by paul » Wed May 18, 2005 3:08 am

in first version of th e game u were able to plant time bombs, set the time and wait untill it explodes. in hd2 u cant do it?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

time bombs

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed May 18, 2005 2:25 pm

No
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

time bombs

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Wed May 18, 2005 3:33 pm

Full of in depth answers eh vitamin?
I'm not sure why they removed the ability to plant explosives where you want, it would be more fun. I guess it does make more sense though, makes it easier to get them in the right spot in SP and stops people planting them everywhere in MP. Still, would have been nice. :(

Drozdov
Major

time bombs

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed May 18, 2005 5:26 pm

They went the way of MoHaa. Big glowing red outlines so even the most retarded of retards knows where to stick a bomb. I really hate that. First of all, it makes it far too easy to know what you're supposed to blow up. Takes the fun out of finding your objectives, especially finding the extra objectives. Also, it restricts the use of dynamite. I liked to use dynamite for other things, not just for objectives. Use it to blow up vehicles, troops. Even used it on the last German campaign mission in H&D 1 where you have to defend the campaign against a large amount of Nazis. Stuck a couple of dynamite in preparation for their assault, with a bit of luck you can cause them some damage.

Dynamite is no longer fun or challenging in H&D 2.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

AK
Private

time bombs

Unread post by AK » Wed May 18, 2005 7:56 pm

Yeah, I'm with Drozdov in this. I really did like being able to set that whereever, do whatnot.

It destroyed the immersion of the game, really. "Okay, and charge this gun right by the action, and WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT GLOWING RED OUTLINE? AUGH!"
-- A better signature is coming soon.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

time bombs

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed May 18, 2005 8:23 pm

But its still not as bad as cockin your gun everytime you switch back to it. They need to add us losing 1 round everytime we switch back to our guns in the next patch.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

time bombs

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Thu May 19, 2005 12:44 pm

That annoys me a bit too, although some of them you can put down to just taking the safety off.

AK
Private

time bombs

Unread post by AK » Fri May 20, 2005 4:52 am

Yeah, some of them. They state that they did a whole shitload of research, especially regarding weapons. I somehow doubt that they got anyone whose actually *fired* these weapons more than once or twice to help them.
-- A better signature is coming soon.