Czech Railway Station - Stealth???

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
LondonSAS
Sergeant

Unread post by LondonSAS » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:05 pm

Has anybody completed the first mission in the Czech campaign in stealth? I'm coming up to it in Very Hard, and need some pointers here.
On Medium and Hard, I take my squad in to the railway station guns blazing and kill every hun that shows his square head, usually works although can be risky on Hard, take some damage, even lose a man or two occasionally.
This soooo ain't gonna work on Very Hard, and methinks I need to get stealthy. I read the H&D strategy guide a while back and remember that they recommended this mission was done by stealth, but have never had the patience to try, and wondered if anyone has tried it that way.
Is it do-able, and if so, any pointers on a way point? Solo or team? etc.
Any help appreciated geezers.
LondonSAS

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:10 pm

*Whips out his H&D2 strategy guide

Yeah I have done it in stealth, you sort of need to in a way. Unless your like excellent at getting head shots. You have a time limit to get to the agent which on hard is 15 - 20 minutes on the hardest difficulty it is 10 minutes.

Not the easiest mission. They basically tell you to steal a drunken soldiers uniform and stealth it but you take a while waiting for patrols and all that jazz :roll:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Grenni
Sergeant

Re: Czech Railway Station - Stealth???

Unread post by Grenni » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:10 pm

[quote=""LondonSAS""]... but have never had the patience to try...[/quote]
Are you sure you're playing the right game? :lol: ;)
That drunken Kraut is in the house before the station. My recommendation is to take one man only and move slowly along the way to the right side of the rails. Take out a guard walking down the street and two chatting Germanz at an intersection with DeLisle or so. Then move swiftly to that first house to the left of the road - mind that fellow on top of the roof, take him out or spare him if he doesn't see you - get in and shoot the drunken officer in the second room. Capture the hun in the bedroom and take his cloth and then run into the station. After the cut-scene I left that guy alone in the right corner of the room with a MP40 and mowed down anything with two legs from the outside.
Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet!

LondonSAS
Sergeant

!!

Unread post by LondonSAS » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:21 am

Hehe Grenni....yeah, got the right game......never stealthed it cos this is the one mission where there's a shit load of wurst-heads where you can have a good old fashioned gun battle. I did try the stealth route that was in the strategy guide but got topped pretty sharpish.
One problem I foresee with what you recommend. Don't know whether you have played Very Hard yet, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the huns to surrender. On another post on here I was asking advice on completing Alpine 1, where you have to steal the docs and get the driver's uniform in order to start Alpine 2 (Adler Castle). The whole point is that the driver shit's himself and throws his hands up, but he doesnt. I've tried everything, shooting his hands, his arms, aiming at his pistol, emptying a full clip of ammo at his feet or past his head, I've spent 20 minutes playing cat and mouse with him (or the other two on the pistol range if I had to kill the driver) trying to get him to use up all his ammo....NOTHING WORKS!! I was told that maybe the beta testers were too shite to get as far as where I am on Very Hard so it was never highlighted to Illusion(??!!) But I guess I'd have the same problem with the pissed kraut in CZ.....
Anyway, thanks for the info.....Kill Germans, tis what God made em for
:-D
London SAS

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:46 pm

Kill Germans, tis what God made em for
I am sure you mean NAZI's not Germans in general :wink:

Be careful how you phrase things, some of my German friends visit the forum :wink:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

LondonSAS
Sergeant

Unread post by LondonSAS » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:13 pm

................and the one's that get up at 5.00 a.m. and put their towels on the sun loungers....
and ones with moustaches and mullets.....................
and ones that wear sandles....with socks................
and the fat ones who wear the S&M leather lederhosen................
and the German football team......................
Ooops, don't leave much do it???!!!

Just kiddin, got german mates meself, some of em are Nazis too, so I guess I shouldnt even say kill Nazis.....tis a free (supposedly) country, each to their own!!
London SAS

Grenni
Sergeant

Unread post by Grenni » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:44 pm

You forgot one! Wearing a white robe and now residing in Vatican City ;)
But now that you meantioned it, in Very Hard the crappy Krauts won't surrender, so you have to change the style with help of some tool, beat the mission in Hard and change back to Very Hard afterwards.
No, I have never played the game on Very Hard since I was quiet dissapointed once I got through with it... spent my time rather with editing for HDD ;)
btw. ;) leather = leder

LondonSAS
Sergeant

Unread post by LondonSAS » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:11 pm

Aha Grenni, du sprichst Deutsch!! Ich bin sehr beeindruckt!! Ich sagte leather nur so dass die Leute die Keine Deutschkenntnisse haben mein Humor verstehen koennten :lol:

H&D2 disappointing? Jeez, you must be a hard man to please. I can't think of a better game on the market when you take SS in to consideration too.

I've been playing Brothers In Arms for the last three weeks....yawn!!!! Same old same old.... squad members that do their own thing, Germans that know only three phrases in their own lingo.....usual sickly american gung ho hollywood shite...at least H&D you get to be a cool, calm and collected englishman....what more could one ask old chap?
LondonSAS

Grenni
Sergeant

Unread post by Grenni » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:27 pm

Well, looks like we are two Germans in exile ;) . Or, if you're not German I am impressed by your German skills ;) .
SS is another thing, that brought back the old flair from HD1 a bit more, but HD2 main game... :roll: I've got the HD1 feeling first when it came to the Czech campagne (like with this stealth operation the thread is about), not earlier. And I am not the only one with that impression ;) .

LondonSAS
Sergeant

Unread post by LondonSAS » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:44 pm

No Gren, english through and through, dragged up in Bermondsey, sarf London........
Just learnt German cos I like Wehrmacht uniforms :D and when I was a kid I wanted to be Robert Shaw (Colonel Hessler in Battle of the Bulge) hehe
Serious though Kamerad, you should play H&D2 on Very Hard, it might restore your interest, you have to think about EVERYTHING you do, one mistake and you is TOT!! Its still playable (apart from said bugs..see above)...jeez the hours I've spent on just a single mission...I aint shagged my girlfriend since November!!!! :lol:
I'm doing SS on VH carnage at the mo......Can honestly say that I dont think I've had a better gaming experience. The people on here get all hung up about bugs, and trivia, but they should think about what else is out there for Single Player...MoH, COD? Even Brothers In Arms doesnt match the hype.
Ich sehe eine feindliche Einheit.......... :D
LondonSAS