Very Hard - Advice Needed

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
LondonSAS
Sergeant

Unread post by LondonSAS » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:05 pm

Can anyone give me some pointers concerning the Alpine 1 mission on very hard level? Got my ambushes down to a fine art, getting to the hut where the driver is gassing to his pal in German is child's play, but will the damned kraut surrender like a good Jerry? Will he hell!!!

On easy, medium and hard, the minute you enter the hut where you have to acquire a uniform and papers in order to proceed to the Adler Castle level, and kill the squarehead with the MP40, the truck driver throws his hands up quicker than an Italian/Frenchman. On very hard, he just pulls out his pistol and opens fire.

All well and good I suppose, after all this is very hard, but how do you get the blasted sausage nosher to give up? I've tried emptying a clip into the wall next to his head, shooting the pistol from his hand......all to no avail, he just keeps shooting, so I have to send him to that beer keller in the sky.

After that there are two other huns outside that potentially have the uniform I covet, but here again, I've tried to intimidate them, shoot their weapons out.....no good :-(

Has anyone actually suceeded here? One thing I thought about, but haven't had the patience to do yet is play cat and mouse getting him to expend all his ammo.....Is this realistic? Does he have a finite ammo source? Please, please assist.....I need to go check out that little fox in the woman's SS uniform in the castle ;-) bu can't get there.

Alan
London SAS

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:18 pm

Bad news for you, that mission is impossible to complete in Very Hard mode. As you've noticed, it's utterly impossible to get anyone to surrender in V Hard. Makes it kind of hard to get the uniform you need, but the developers apparently didn't think of that. I guess the beta testers were too crap to get that far in V Hard. :roll:

You can, however, download this program to change your profile's difficulty level to get past that mission, then change it back to V Hard after:

http://hd2.bonusweb.cz/english/profiles ... 40205.html[/b]
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

LondonSAS
Sergeant

Profuse Thanks

Unread post by LondonSAS » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:23 pm

Drozdov
You are a star!!! I've invested some serious hours in perfecting my gameplay.....this game, despite the bugs, and SS exp. pack are the best thing I've come across in years.

You're probably right about the beta testers. I was in Brno a couple of weeks back, where Illusion are based and was tempted to go pay em a visit and get the CEO to capture the Kraut for me!!!

I take it you've gone all the way in very hard. Respect!! Currenty doing SS in VH Carnage...intense shit man!!

I've got a growing little team that are really into this game, doing co-op at the moment but we'll soon blast onto the multiplayer and kick everyone's ass. Maybe see you there sometime Droz?
LondonSAS

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:46 pm

Not even started a campaign on very hard despite the fact I got the game the day it came out, though I probably will try it eventually. Too much of a coward, it'd probably just annoy me anyway.

You'll probably see me in MP at some point, though I've not been playing so much recently (Operation Flashpoint and H&D Deluxe called me back). I play a lot more MP H&D than SP.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

MajorDisaster
Private

Latest Profile Changer

Unread post by MajorDisaster » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:48 am

If you're using H&D2 with patch 1.12 or the Sabre Squadron expansion, you should use the latest version of the Profile Changer Utility. Which is available from my web site at the link below.

http://belknapenterprises.com/hidden-and-dangerous-2/

Regards,
MajorDisaster
Last edited by MajorDisaster on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

LondonSAS
Sergeant

Unread post by LondonSAS » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:40 pm

Thanks MD
Just out of interest, other than switching difficulties where very hard becomes unplayable, have many people finished very hard either in the original or sabre squadron? I'm on a mission to do so and have a set of saved game files with NO CASUALTIES so all you H&D nutters have the full set of SAS heroes to chose from. 8)
I'm doing sabre squadron very hard carnage at the mo.......jesus, its intense!! I'm talking three hours of game play for one mission...Ammobox Deadfish, never known an adrenaline pumper like it. I'm an ex professional boxer, and I reckon I get more butterflies playing that than climbing into the ring!!!
If there are any people who have completed very hard on either game, I'd love to hook up and swap war stories...!!
Alan
LondonSAS