What was your favourite campaign and why?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.

What was your favourite campaign?

Poll runs till Sun Jun 19, 2039 9:11 am

Operation Snowball
33%
Operation Nomad
25%
Operation Sea Wolf
8%
Operation Stranger
8%
Operation Challenger
No votes
Operation Overlord
13%
Operation Liberator
13%

Total votes: 24

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:35 pm

I would have to say my favourite campaign is the first, Operation Snowball. Mainly because I like all the missions, I love my winter missions :wink: Although the fourth mission, 'Ice Berg' seems out of place :?
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:48 pm

Well the first was ok but i liked the 4th map :) was big nice and funny
Somehow i only got the old H&D feeling only at the czech mission ... to bad it was at the end

Jackshit
Corporal

Unread post by Jackshit » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:00 pm

Nomad, Loved the desert missions. With one exception, the mission where your squad is defending the fort. Thatw as WAY too easy.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:45 pm

Yeah I agree Jackshit :wink: mission 'Caravan' is way too bloody easy. They make it sound like your going to be defending the base against the whole German army :lol:

One of my AI guys on a MG42 took out 80% of the attacking troops. The rest I took out myself from the tower. I blew up the truck which killed about 5-10% then the odd German troop. Finally I had to blow up the remaining tanks.

It was so disappointing that mission. I played it in normal. I just started to play the game in hard mode. I'm almost up to this mission, hopefully it is a lot more fun in hard mode.

EDIT: I just completed the level in hard... it's still very, very easy :(

Grenni
Sergeant

Unread post by Grenni » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:14 pm

I have to agree with Lars, the Czech campaign was, when H&D-feeling came up :) ... and the game to an end :( .
I like the bunker mission, the very last one, very much. Stealing a Panther :D , cleaning the bunker and a surprising turn with the Russians ;) - except that the cannon-tank (Sturmgesch?tz, whatever it is called on Englisch ;) ) was effectless.
Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet!

yoobie
Corporal

Unread post by yoobie » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:28 pm

Snowball, I love the music in those missions, and this cool feel of falling snow in the first mission, Ahh :D wonderful

I like the ice berg, its quite easy and has got a lot of cool sniper spots.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:01 am

Yeah you can take out half, if not more of the enemy just by sniping them :D

new guy
Sergeant

Unread post by new guy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:58 am

I voted stranger for i love the first burma mission. The athmosphere is so dense and the environment is stunningy beautiful. It really look like a real jungle. I can play it over and over without getting tired of it.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:10 am

Yeah mate I agree... its one of the better levels for atmosphere :D

I find the rain sound is too short and you can tell it loops really badly which ruins it for me after a little while.

But the branches and bird sounds add to it.

I always use stealth on that map, its the best sniper map ever!

How do you play it?

new guy
Sergeant

Unread post by new guy » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:29 am

My favourite stratey is using 2 teams.

1 team with a sniper and a rifle. They move to the bridge, snipe everyone they see at the other side and in the bunkers.
Meanwhile a bar and another rifle moves to the fallen tree, covering the back of the sniper team.
Sniper team moves over the bridge and then blowing it up.
BAR team move over the tree and sneak to the north east of the village.
Sniper team gets in position and fires at the soldiers in the village, drawin their attention to the south. When the enemies have their attention i move my BAR team into the village and kill the enemy from behind. they get the officers katana, the documents and blow the crates and then they move on the north side of the map towards the extraction pont killing everyone they see.
Sniper team also moves towards the extraction point but just south of the road.

That is my favourite tactic but i have tried others aswell, like stealth.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri May 13, 2005 10:51 am

SeaWolf, should have been 3 missions. :(
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:12 am

I liked them all, everyone of them had their own nice sides, like Op.Snowball because its only H&D2 campaing with snow, Op.Overlord because it had nice missions, like the coastal stuff was nice because you could use stealth well, Blade Dancer was good since the atmostrophe was something special; bombers flying around, gunfires on background, totally ruined town with many ambush spots and so. And basically it was one of the few missions where you had much weaponry to defend the area.

And like Alp campaing and Op.Seawolf were nice because they were mainly the only *real*, more to stealth based operations.

But to say it simple I like them all :)
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Sneaky_S_O_B
Private

Re: What was your favourite campaign and why?

Unread post by Sneaky_S_O_B » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:51 pm

I liked all of the missions for different reasons.  I do like the outdoor maps better though because the enemy acts a little bit more realistic.  Often when I open a door, the enemy is looking away from me and never turns around.

What I think would make the indoor mpas better in future games is for there to be roaming soldiers who move throughout the buildings so that you have enemies walking up behind you.  But mkae it so you can hear them and not jsut get shot in the back with no warning.

So...question...why hasn't there been an H&D3 made yet?  :grin:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:07 pm

I agree that the AI is better in open terrain maps than the indoor ones, it's definitely more of an outdoor engine.
So...question...why hasn't there been an H&D3 made yet?
They could be working on it now... :mrgreen:

synchro
Private

Unread post by synchro » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:53 pm

the burma maps were great when the japs are popping out of holes behind you on the hill and the racing thru the arty fire to get there. very tense. and, of course, the jungle... shoulda been LOT more jungle missions - discovering all those hidden routes thru the foliage made it so replayable.

can't rem the name of the street fighting mission where you have to relieve some GIs but that was great... ducking and diving amongst the rubble. picking up those wonderful stu44s.

i'm hoping to play some of these co-op if i get the MP bugs ironed out and the unofficialmappack installed.

is it just me or does anybody think retrieving abandoned 1st airborne troops from arnhem area was a 'should've been done' campaign for h&d2? sneaking across the river at night, dodging waffen ss patrols, saving a few paras then getting almost caught north of oosterbeek after a failed attempt and being chased by stugs, tigers and sdkfz251s, then stealing a tiger to crash thru the barrier at the arnhem bridge at night!! could've been a great campaign.
NEVER SAY DIE AGAIN!