THE ORIGINAL POW RULES EXPLAINED + MP PASSWORD!!!

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
crusti
Sergeant

Unread post by crusti » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:10 pm

HAHA, i was your guard,

i had just escaped (i cant remeber from who),and i only had an mp44 with no ammo, and a small bit of health left
im so glad you did put up a fight, so it was all bluff when i `caught`you, couldnt believe my luck when you surrendered first
but silly me forgot to check you for nades
i was going to see if pompey had killed your rescurer, maybe then i could get a weapon with ammo
o well,, live and learn

crusti ?NR?
Knowledge is Power
Share the Knowledge

frauhelga
Corporal

Unread post by frauhelga » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:37 pm

Hhahaha yes it happened a few times to me as well...
Just about to surrender when the other guy surrenders first, hehehe.
I have once taken two pows with a empty rifle and no ammo... :lol:

frauhelga
Corporal

Unread post by frauhelga » Tue May 10, 2005 4:08 pm

Chaps, have a look here;

http://p072.ezboard.com/bhiddenanddangerous2

It has a special POW/Partisan thread and I will be using that to keep the password updated, information about the new map, etc.

Godspell
Private

new map?

Unread post by Godspell » Thu May 12, 2005 2:11 pm

can you give us information about when the new map will be released?

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Thu May 12, 2005 6:59 pm

We'll its not really up to me but the current version I think is fine and ready for release. However its not the final version, Wespe is still working on that. Its up to him when thats done, although I think it needs testing first. :wink:

Godspell
Private

Unread post by Godspell » Thu May 12, 2005 7:39 pm

ok, can i come btw on the playerlist of who plays pow/partisan? becouse i like to play those modes.
tell me if im not serious enough or any other comment.

frauhelga
Corporal

Re: THE ORIGINAL POW RULES EXPLAINED + MP PASSWORD!!!

Unread post by frauhelga » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:21 pm

well weve just (today) released the new version!
2 maps, zchech4 and the small trainstation.
Also the ingame map has been altered, you can no longer see the VIP on the map or any of the objects that show up as a !.
The station map is extra cool, you can blow up tracks and train, there is a weapons depot the germans have to guard and there are lots of civilian clothes, even for the germans!!
Whoohoo!!

www.pow.2hell.com

synchro
Private

Unread post by synchro » Tue May 26, 2009 6:48 pm

frauhelga wrote: The great escape...

Yesterday I made one lovely escape!
I was captured the classic way, wounded, outgunned, almost out of ammo and when peeking around the corner I saw about 3 grinning krauts coming towards me.
So I surrendered, threw gun on ground around the corner so they saw it and I was their pow...
However battle was raging on around us so quite often I had to lay down to dodge bullets and they didnt search me as well as they usually do...they let me keep my grenades...
They brought me to Hilltop farm (building in the SE corner, allies spawn) into one of the animal sheds attached to the inner courtyard.
I was left one guard, I was waiting for my mates to climb the wall and then come around behind to shoot my guard trough the window....but they came around the front and soon there was a huge firefight going on at the gate and courtyard.
My guard got nervous..."Stay here" he shouted and started leaving my cell now and then to shoot at my pals.
While he and a friend were shooting at my mates I crawled out of my cell and dropped my grenade right between them....BOOM they were gone.
I grabbed one of the corpses machineguns and went outside the main gate.
Right around the corner another kraut captured one of my mates, so he looked at him while he dropped his gear....I opened fire on his back, he died, my pal was free!
I climbed the walls, jumped in a car and woosh I was free!!
Hurrah!
now that sounds damn interesting. this just sound so good!i gotta get a legal copy of hd2 [ps, i've bought hd2 twice and hd1 and th white label version too so please don't knock me for using ilillega copy... i had some personal problems and i lost/lent them out and never saw them again].

because HD and HD2 ws the onlygame i ever used to play!!! co-op and SP [co-op w local mates.. and a young mate called seeker from canada.. on 56k!!!! back in the day] werethe only game that  i enjoyed - HATE deathmatch.. so boring. team DM is much the same.

again, sory for  the illigeal copy i'm using but now i finally found HD2SS hidden away in an old ex gf's flat i can actually go out and buY the white label HD2 fior ?5 from local store [COUDN'T FIND ss anywhere online or in shops!! YIPPEE!!!
co-op.. HERE I COME!!! CAN'T WAIT!! luvvv THIS GAME!

ps, perhaps the burma 'attack the hill bunkers' obj might be a good teamDM game. it's a pretty much set match frontal assault and attacking with such small numbers against a well dug in and ruthlessly determined japanese force [anybody seen "letters from iwo jima"?] with FEWER numbers is practically suicide!! att dug in def positions should give the attacker 5 to 1 numerical superiority. to balance out numbers SOE shoud have 3-5 respawns similating each man being a squad. the jap equipment was not of the best [neither was the germans actually.. they still used bolt action Kar98s till end of war] so jap team has just bolt action rifles and bayonets [do they do banzai charge on this obj? or ever]. japs maybe have 3-4 respawns or less as they only have to hide and use grenades onn the pitiful force attacking.
whaddaya think?
NEVER SAY DIE AGAIN!

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue May 26, 2009 11:27 pm

I run my server that way sometimes, team deathmatch on those maps that is.

For years I have run the Burmese maps with only Japanese weapons and uniforms. No one likes it, they complain about the set up and leave. The people that do stay don't stay long. You might be surprised that the people that play this game just don't think that way and have little concern for realism beyond what is handed to them easily...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

frauhelga
Corporal

Unread post by frauhelga » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:12 am

Wow, blast from the past!
Those where the days, POW games, they were fantastic.
Sadly life became too busy, I switched to a Mac, etc.
The old site still there I see, a shame our free forum is gone.
I now spend time on Second Life, more freedom to create stuff and a bit easier.
Anyway, hello to all the old brothers in arms!

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:41 am

Welcome back, why did you switch to a Mac?  :cry:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:52 pm

What not ask, why Second Life?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

frauhelga
Corporal

Unread post by frauhelga » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:59 pm

I switched to a Mac because someone gave me their flashy sexy macbook as a present.
And I love it.

Second Life was something I tried just to check if my new computer could handle the heavy software.
Once I did some exploring and discovered I could build stuff and create my own games and even an entire historical themed community, I was hooked.

There you could play POW in a village just the way you want it, you no longer have to stick to the bits inside H&D.