Any way to improve soldier stat gain?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Torres
Private

Any way to improve soldier stat gain?

Unread post by Torres » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:00 am

First of all hi and thanks in advance.

I'm getting really frustrated with the skill gain of this game, I gain for every succesful mission the ability to carry at least 0.5 extra Kg but almost no aiming or stealth.

I know that if you don't use the skill, it won't improve, but even after shooting mostly headshots, doing nice stealthy kills and lockpicking my stats barely grow... on the other hand, on each mission I get to carry an extra half kilo which means I gain more muscle than brain O_o

Any help please? or any editor? thanks a lot again

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Any way to improve soldier stat gain?

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:21 am

The higher the skill of the character the faster the growth. I don't have much experience in single player leveling, but I always used characters with high shooting. You can edit the values for stats to make them higher using a hex editor.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Torres
Private

Unread post by Torres » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:37 am

Hey ! thanks for the quick reply! I was actually kind of hoping to get a new leveling system, not an entire leveling system per se but a middleground between gaining NO points or suddenly a 1.5% per mission.

I just tested the ubersoldiers stats mod and it's just cheating, you're out there with the guys from The Dependables :lol:

Is there any help you can provide to which hex editor to use and which values? at least I hope to "export" these soldiers to SS once I finish HD2, if I keep them alive.

Again, thanks.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:46 am

I haven't dabbled in the attribute gain in single player, so I don't know.

You do know that SS starts back in Africa, so your men would not be the same as they were in May 1945.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Torres
Private

Unread post by Torres » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:51 am

I didn't know that or I didn't remember that... you just broke my dream :'(

Well then how could at least, well, edit the previous values of my soldiers into my new ones just to play the "fantasy" of them being relocated and using the same team again. I just don't want to waste my 93 shooting 78 stealth guy :'( along with my great medic and my strong mules that carry the explosives and bazooka ammo.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:51 am

You can use the same team, it just does not occur in chronological order, and would be anachronistic to be having the same stats as in 1945 at the start of it.

I know what you mean; I prefer playing in coop, so it has really never been an issue for me. Your values would be in the last CAM_???? file you have. Identifying the values is what is difficult. Then you could complete the first mission in SS, and then copy the values over, so from the second mission on you would be gaining on those stats, but I don't support the anachronistic. :mrgreen: