Bleemin glitchers

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
frauhelga
Corporal

Bleemin glitchers

Unread post by frauhelga » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:35 pm

So whats keeping the patch that stops glitching?
Its annoying to be shot from within a wall...
Its fun to try them all out, climb roofs, hide for ever, walking trough the air...and as a game host you need to know them so that you can check if someone is cheating.
But they should get a patch, its cheating and driving me mad.

Jason
Administrator

Bleemin glitchers

Unread post by Jason » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:49 pm

Well it could be lag problems and things like that, more so servers or your computer not receiving or sending information correctly... not really sure but some glitches can be hard to fix if you can't reproduce them and many of H&D2's issues are once off or rare etc. So it's hard to trace.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

frauhelga
Corporal

Bleemin glitchers

Unread post by frauhelga » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:00 pm

No its not lag, it sometimes is but people know the trick of crawling trough walls.
I can do it when im hosting a game on cable and im only one there, lag-free-heaven.
Its defenitely a glitch, i walked all over the village to find new walls to crawl trough, you can climb trough ANY wall, you just need to be sure there is a floor in the building...also once you crawl into a building you shouldnt be in its easy to shoot trough the wall at your enemy...not fair!

Jason
Administrator

Bleemin glitchers

Unread post by Jason » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:33 pm

Well that all sounds like collision and volume errors. H&D1 v1.0 use to have a lot of them :lol:
A few games have issues with collisions. I am not really sure what causes them apart from a computer/program not calculating them correctly.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Jackass
Lieutenant

Bleemin glitchers

Unread post by Jackass » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:00 pm

Well.. You can glitch through every single wall you want.. :o :(
Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - Intel Pentium 4 3.4

Proud member of Butcher & Bolt

Drozdov
Major

Bleemin glitchers

Unread post by Drozdov » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:00 pm

And once you're inside you can see through the wall - sometimes you can even see through several walls. And your bullets go through all the walls you can see through. So you can be happily walking along (happened to me on Normandy 4, a glitcher on the other side of the street shot me while I was in the top floor of the ruined building in the centre), and some bastard glitcher shoots you from half the map away, through several walls. :?
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

frauhelga
Corporal

Bleemin glitchers

Unread post by frauhelga » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:31 am

Yes, some buildings can thus be entered, you glitch trough the wall and voila your inside but all the walls are gone.
Some buildings have no floor, so you go trough a wall and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you fall trough the map.
I enjoyed one evening trying to find all sorts of places where you could go with a glitch, that was fun.
But in a game...its just cheating and thus no more fun after a few times.
I must say though it was exciting to climb on roofs and get whole new viewpoints.
Also I finally understood how some people got on some roofs...I tried for hours to get there the fair way...
There should be a patch for that!

Jackass
Lieutenant

Bleemin glitchers

Unread post by Jackass » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:00 am

Wite a mail to Illusion Softworks, there more there do it.

The better change of a decent patch is on it's way. :)
Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - Intel Pentium 4 3.4

Proud member of Butcher & Bolt