No servers for some reason...

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Wesley
Sergeant

No servers for some reason...

Unread post by Wesley » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:54 am

I thought I would play a few rounds of H&D2...well, not tonight! No servers appeared. I double checked options, version is 1.12...nothing. So...is it me or did the name server go to heaven?

Right, well I did checking after a few hours on that Czech site, which said GameSpy closed our master server. WTF. I thought GameSpy existed so that things like that wouldn't happen. wtfwtfwtf. They have some file which H&D2 creates when it makes a server list, which consists of...some servers some guy has a list of. Even if that list was comprehensive - only the weirdest sort of folk will go through the trouble of doing this. GameSpy has killed online H&D2.

Reminds me of what happened with NOLF2. People do in fact play NOLF2 on-line...but first they have to install a user modification, at which point they can join one of the meetings arranged in advance for that game's pointless deathmatch action. I haven't bothered.

This pisses me off. All my favourite games are going off line. God damn.
Check the front page for that site where the server list file is hosted.

Jason
Administrator

Re: No servers for some reason...

Unread post by Jason » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 am

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:04 pm

I wouldn't say it is dead at all... The in game browser still works just fine, as long as you do not press reload! Add servers by IP, of course you need the IPs, and then everything is great.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Wesley
Sergeant

Unread post by Wesley » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:25 am

People can't locate servers now without some out of the way searching. There was a community, with choices, and this is the beginning of its end! :|

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:44 am

What do you mean by choices? There still is a community, the same one that was there before...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Wesley
Sergeant

Unread post by Wesley » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:57 pm

Today we lose the part of the community that doesn't know how to or "bother to" find the server list. Tomorrow we lose people who would have started playing, but found nothing and assumed (or didn't know how to find) that no servers were left.

Like the RTCW "community" which consists of one server playing one map with the same people. Day after day. :|

TungSol
Private

Unread post by TungSol » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:38 am

I would agree with wesley..its a cool game but it really takes some searching time online, and then setup time to get things going to play the game online. One solution would be to create a 'universal webpage dedicated just for the online gaming HD2 - with all the files needed - sign ups for new clans - and have it be universally posted on all HD2 sites known - also post links to the page for other WWII games like world of tanks or others and get new players who would like it. I think if you could get everyone on one page (so to speak) there would be enough players - before the servers crashed there was many players online, often at around 100 players or so...enough for several games. The reason why people still want to play the game is because its a pretty damn good game!

Wesley
Sergeant

Unread post by Wesley » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:46 am

3 of the last 4 times I checked for games, no players. frown01

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:18 am

You gotta check more to get that ratio up.

JonnySniper
Lieutenant

Unread post by JonnySniper » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm

agree

Wesley
Sergeant

Unread post by Wesley » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:27 am

Nope. Dead every time. (although most servers on my list are dead now too).

There are usually some people in co-op but I don't play SS.

It was a unique game. I will miss it.

On a different note, GameSpy is dead now too! I thought their sole purpose was to provide listing for games no one else supported. sigh

snowman
Private

Unread post by snowman » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:23 am

Hellooo

If you prefer styles other than coop, I saw our deathmatch server was full 10/10 in
the past days. Of course, only at a certain time.

If you're looking for some coop visit http://www.rprclan.com

We don't play only Sabre Squadron. We also play the original maps and the modded
ones as well.