H&D2 Offical Map order

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
eldite
Private

H&D2 Offical Map order

Unread post by eldite » Sun May 06, 2012 9:37 am

Hi Lads,

I've just installed H&D2 with SS on my machines. My mate and I want to work through the co-op missions from start to finish in the official order. I've never played the single player of H&D2, but we sank many, many, many hours into the original H&D, back in the day in my parents garage, when we probably should have been getting drunk and looking for girls.

Anyway, after some time, I've got it running on both machines and I've downloaded some program called 'MapSync' that some guy wrote, that downloads all the latest versions of the co-op maps from a clan site. Most of the missions are called Africa1, Acrtic1, etc... can anyone tell me the official order of the maps for H&D2 and H&D2:SS.

There is this site, but it doesn't give the short name of the map, so I don't know which ones to pick from the map selector when I create the server.
http://wiki.gsclan.co.uk/index.php5?title=HD2_Maps

Cheers,
Henry.

JonnySniper
Lieutenant

Re: H&D2 Offical Map order

Unread post by JonnySniper » Sun May 06, 2012 11:38 am

hello,
these are the correct names of the map!
Africa1,Africa2,Burma2,Ardennes1..
in Singleplayer are the Operationnames
Africa3=Spagetti Airport
Arctic3=Operation Snowball

If you allready finished the Singleplayer you can in Singleplayer play again the maps and select the map you wish..
in this settings you can see the maps with the original Singleplayer Operationnames...
i hope this helps :)

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D2 Offical Map order

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon May 07, 2012 6:56 pm

I don't know what he is on about...

Out of the converted maps from single player and the maps from SS, the "official" order is:

HD2:
Arctic 1, 2, 3, 4
Africa 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, - 6 was not converted yet
Norway
Burma 1, 2
Alps 1, - 2 was not converted properly yet
Normandy 1, 2
Czech 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

SS:
Brest
Libya 1, 2, 3
Sicily 1, 2
Burgundy 1, 2, 3

Of course this order is how the default game has you play it, but because of dates and anachronisms, these orders would not be historically correct.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: