Silent Knife Kills?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Whitehead221
Private

Silent Knife Kills?

Unread post by Whitehead221 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:39 am

I am loving the game so far. Really well designed. I have been playing and was wandering about the knife. At one point I was able to slit a guys throat from behind then from that point on I have yet to be able to figure it out. I am pretty sure I just left clicked and held the button and it worked, but now I cant get it to work. This would be very helpful to be able to do, because as of right now when I stab people they get alerted and I sometimes miss and they get a shot off and at that point my cover is blown. Thanks for any replies.

JonnySniper
Lieutenant

Re: Silent Knife Kills?

Unread post by JonnySniper » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:41 am

ive never noticed any movements or Tricks...
just go in 1st person and give them a headshot with knife funny02

Whitehead221
Private

Unread post by Whitehead221 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:27 am

Twice now I have actually snuck up behind an enemy and slit his throat with the knife and then he lays the body down quietly. It is an animation but I don't know how to do it repeatedly. It is really cool though so I would love to be able to figure it out.

I did find this post and apparently it is random, but if anyone knows how to do this to all enemies I would love to know.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t ... imes-work/

JonnySniper
Lieutenant

Unread post by JonnySniper » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:02 pm

i think what you mean...my friend also told me that long time ago

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:00 am

This does not work in coop or multiplayer of course. Silently move up behind an enemy and just click, and then I like to hold, while you have the knife in your hand... :mrgreen:

Edit: Don't forget to be standing when you do this! It won't work in any other stance!
Last edited by -ViTaMiHnM203- on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:34 am

If stealth attacks on Nazi's is what you really want give Death to Spies a go, it's on Steam and everywhere else.

Whitehead221
Private

Unread post by Whitehead221 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:42 am

That game looks pretty cool too Jason. I did not mean I wanted to be silent all the time though. I just asked because it was really cool when I did it those two times during my missions.

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:46 pm

As Vit stated, it is a silent kill, you have to be silent! It depends on your character skills, any noise & you will alert the enemy you are trying to silently approach. Keep your gun ready until you are within a few feet, if enemy turns/moves/readies their weapon, shoot!

Wesley
Sergeant

Unread post by Wesley » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:51 pm

I'm guessing it has to do with your positioning. I've done Norway 2 with just a knife and a disguise, and standing right before you stab might help. That said, every so often my commando will just stab the guy in the back and make a mess - not an alarm usually, but not a "stealth kill."

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Yes you have to stand, sorry 'bout that! It won't work in any other stance!
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

markenneth
Private

Unread post by markenneth » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:21 am

i loved the game and it's very awesome
"a man of courage never need becker knife and tool weapons, but may need bail."