New Cheat Codes for Sabre Squadron

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Re: New Cheat Codes for Sabre Squadron

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:49 pm

Then perhaps I should clarify what I meant by standard. I was saying that it should have at least been in the loadout. The fact is H&D2 is based more off of the Commando movies of the 60's and early 70's than real SAS missions. Spaghetti airport, plus the Heatbox and Chesnut missions are the most realistic missions for the SAS operations from 41-45 (and they are still not that realisitc).

My comment on the suppressed p08 is based off of that notion that it is not a fictional weapon which what I assumed you were stating.

I also understand that the weapon mods in the youtube vid are modern, but P08 was fitted with a suppressor and used as such in WWII while the Germans also DID experiment with the MP40 to which they gave up due to the clacking of the bolt.

In all, it adds to the fun of the game while not seeming too fantastic like Indiana Jones or something of the like.
They Dared and Won..... And They Were Hidden and Dangerous.
1941-1945

major sea
Private

Unread post by major sea » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:49 pm

yes finally i have my legal hd2ss and it does make more sense now to check the forum... :cool: anyone can explain how to activate these weapons? it say key1,2,3 but it is a no go or i am a dummy...trying example: giveitem p08sil but does not seem to work...
Last edited by major sea on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Okay, can you explain what you have done so far? Did you download the file and run it?
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

major sea
Private

Unread post by major sea » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:53 pm

Jason wrote: Okay, can you explain what you have done so far? Did you download the file and run it?
Jason, thx for the reply. Yes i extracted the zip and placed the content in the folder mentioned in the previous post, then run the small program with success: no warning, and in-game [while playing e.g. hd2ss i hit the console key [~] typing giveitem p08sil  help01
the console drops down but is placing a ` before the command but i del this and retype...still nothing, no thing is happening  :P

And there is noway i can see the weapon on the ground or in my hand...i started now hd2  'hard-front line' but that should not matter i think.

i have the original 3cd version installed [not updated with any patch and installed also
hd2ss [original 2cd] with patch 1.12 using the autopatcher. i do have a patch 1.16 but i am not sure for wath hd2 this would be [got this one long time i go for the-not -so-legal-one-but-who-cares-i-can-play-hd2  thup01]

i have seen the readme that hardly any one is interested in  nods01

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:55 pm

I have just tried it again and it works for me but the gun appeared in my inventory backpack. Maybe you have too many items when you do it. Try doing it with no items.

major sea
Private

Unread post by major sea » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:34 pm

:oops: owyes...stuffed backpack emptied and removed one gun did the job...
pitty there is no rifle with silencer in the package but the p08sil is very nice
indeed.  i only have to figure out what else is in there e.g. what is the meaning
of " Cheat code for key1, key2, key3" [binding to a key?]
and "replaces some other items: backpackgb1,2,3; " means it wil replace the whole backpackgb? i just have to fiddle around then...

thank you very nice  nods01 helping a hd2 dummy and sorry for the spamming  :wink:

Cheat Codes for HD2SS

Cheat code for new HD2 Sabre Squadron weapon: P08sil, G43, Flaregun, masmle36, panzerschreck.
Cheat code for key1, key2, key3

example: giveitem p08sil

support version 1.11 and 1.12

unzip and run in folder with HD2_SabreSquadron.exe

P.S. this replaces some other items: backpackgb1,2,3; backpackrus; magneticmine; colt;enfield;parabellum

This program provided as freeware, with no warranty expressed or implied, use at your own risk.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:07 pm

Glad you got it sorted, it's a common thing with inventory related issues in the game. They should have had a message that pops up saying the inventory is full, the original H&D at least made a sound.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:17 am

I'm glad I am not the only who enjoys old war movies.

Anyway, what does hd2ss mean by "P.S. this replaces some other items: backpackgb1,2,3; backpackrus; magneticmine; colt;enfield;parabellum"?

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:50 am

I tried installing it on my Steam version, 1.12, and I get is this.
Attachments
Not Steam..JPG
Not Steam..JPG (35.09 KiB) Viewed 12976 times