Telling team mates to go prone

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Petejc21
Private

Telling team mates to go prone

Unread post by Petejc21 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi,
Just installed HD2 again, not played for about 2 years. I'm struggling to remember how to issue certain commends to team members. I want to order everyone, or individual team mates to go prone. But I can't find the command for it?

How do I tell everyone to go prone?

Duke0196
Captain

Re: Telling team mates to go prone

Unread post by Duke0196 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:47 am

Petejc21 wrote:Hi, Just installed HD2 again, not played for about 2 years. I'm struggling to remember how to issue certain commends to team members.
First off, aloha to the forum.

The Command menu is accessed through Numbers Pad. The keys commanding the team or individual soldiers are in "Options/Control Setup/Key Setup/Commands." Standard keys are: Command all = NumPad 0, Command 1 (i.e., Soldier #1) = NumPad 1, etc.
Petejc21 wrote: I want to order everyone, or individual team mates to go prone. But I can't find the command for it?
I don't know of a direct "go prone" command for the whole team.
Petejc21 wrote:How do I tell everyone to go prone?
I find it easier to go prone myself and tell everyone to "follow me" (if they aren't already) ... NumPad 0 - 1 - 1 (Command all - Movement - Follow Me). :lol: This ensures everyone goes prone.

The closest I can think of is a bit lengthy and doesn't always work since a soldier, or sometimes all of them, might remain kneeling due to their surroundings whether terrain or they are too near each other. Of course, once you get used to the commands, it becomes second nature. In addition, remember that the "command all" in these cases only affects the movement of the other soldiers since you are controlling one of them.

NumPad 0 - 1 - 4 (Command all / Movement / Freeze ) - the other soldiers go to a kneeling position.
NumPad 0 - 1 - 4 (Command all / Movement / Freeze ) a second time and the soldiers will try to go prone. Again, I say "try" since as I said earlier something may stop them from going prone.

You can also do this in combination with the Silent Movement command.
NumPad 0 - 4 - 4 (Command all / Silent Movement / Halt ) twice. Same situation as above.

Individually, you can give the command set twice to that soldier only. For instance, Soldier 1 (NumPad 1).
NumPad 1 - 1 - 4 (Movement) or NumPad 1 - 4 - 4 (Silent movement). Again, the command set is given twice.

Some of the other guys might know some other combinations but I hope this helps. thup01

Petejc21
Private

Unread post by Petejc21 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:51 pm

Thanks for your help, will give this a try. I could've sworn it was much easier to control your team mates last time I played.

Also, what's the best way to get one of your team to defend a certain direction. For example I want my gunner (Bren gun) to cover down the road leading to the camp on the first mission (so he's facing away from the camp and covering my back as I attack it). I've moved him into position and got him prone, but I'm worried the little mong will start moving when I switch to another soldier, if he turns round and see's one of the enemy in the camp he's likely to start firing and ruin the surprise.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:19 am

Petejc21 wrote:Thanks for your help, will give this a try.
No worries. thup01
Petejc21 wrote: I could've sworn it was much easier to control your team mates last time I played.
I'm really hoping someone else will chime in - in case I've missed something. I went through the command menu trying various combinations and those are what I came up with.

I did forget to add the combination with the "Hold Position" (NumPad 5) command. "Hold Position" also puts them into a kneeling position but if you do repeat the combination they still remain in a kneeling position.

Example to got to kneeling and prone (hopefully).

Movement
NumPad 0 - 1 - 5 (Command all / Movement / Hold Position ) - the other soldiers go to a kneeling position.
NumPad 0 - 1 - 4 (Command all / Movement / Freeze ) - other soldiers will try to go prone.

Silent Movement
NumPad 0 - 4 - 5 (Command all / Silent Movement / Hold Position ) - the other soldiers go to a kneeling position.
NumPad 0 - 4 - 4 (Command all / Silent Movement / Halt ) - other soldiers will try to go prone.

As I mentioned before, the quickest way I know is to go prone myself and then have them "follow me." Be sure to switch to another soldier before you get up or do something since they will still try to "follow" you. These little things will become second nature once you get back into the game.
Petejc21 wrote:Also, what's the best way to get one of your team to defend a certain direction. ... if he turns round and see's one of the enemy in the camp he's likely to start firing and ruin the surprise.
Well, I feel your pain on that one. Some of the best laid ambushes are ruined by a trigger happy soldier. :sad:

Fortunately, your soldier's AI will turn towards the threat. Unfortunately, for your example, ... the Bren gunner will probably focus his attention on the camp, rather than watch the road, once he sees enemy movement or hears gunfire.

Other than going to the extreme and telling everyone to "hold fire" ... try the "Fire on my lead" command. Even if your troops see someone within range, they should hold their fire until the soldier issuing the command fires the first shot. Your troops, however, will return fire if the enemy fires on them. Obviously, there is a bit of self-preservation.

NumPad 0 - 2 - 3 (Command all - Attack - Fire on my Lead)
or
NumPad 0 - 5 - 3 (Command all - Silent Attack - Wait for me to Fire)

As for your Bren gunner watching the road .... if you really want the Bren gunner to focus on the road no matter what; you just might have to jump into his boots and watch the road yourself. Hopefully your teammates AI can handle the camp.

Other guys on the forum may have other thoughts to help you but I hope this helps for now. Cheers ... thup01