Hi community

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
raven-shield
Private

Hi community

Unread post by raven-shield » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:40 pm

hello, im new here.
i was playing H&D 2 few years ago and it was very good game but unfortunatley not polished.
Very very good tactical gameplay with stealth elements. I especially liked to sorround enemy sneaking slowly, and ambush them.
Things i didn't like was unresponsive team when issuing commands and bugs.
So happened that i never finished game because bug on spaghetti airport i couldn't finish that mission.
Today i want to play again and i hope that you can recommend to me what addon or patch or whatever to install to make better gameplay.

Duke0196
Captain

Re: Hi community

Unread post by Duke0196 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Aloha and welcome,

I'm sure the guys will give their inputs but give us a better idea what you intend to do?

- H&D2 only or with SS expansion?

- SP only or the possibility of MP?

- XP, Vista, 7 ?

raven-shield
Private

Unread post by raven-shield » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:57 pm

thanx for quick respond,
i prefer single player, dont think i will play multiplayer at all.
firstly i will install H&D2 and after completing it will install SS
i have Windows XP SP3

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:51 am

Hello and welcome to the forums thup01

The latest patch will definitely help, which is 1.12 and you can get the patch here. There were a fair amount of team AI issues in the first few versions of H&D2 but those have largely been fixed. I would recommend you get the expansion Sabre Squadron as well, personally I preferred it over the missions in H&D2.

Some people still have issues with Spaghetti airport though, some people still have an issue finding the documents but I'm not completely convinced it is a bug - despite being unable to locate them once myself.

The game works best on WinXP so you've got that covered. Works fine on Win7 for SP as well.

Out of all the missions in H&D2 and H&D2 SS the first mission of H&D2 SS is the closes to any original H&D mission in my opinion. It's a great stealth mission and I'm sure you will have fun if you play it.

raven-shield
Private

Unread post by raven-shield » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:05 am

thank you for your recommendation.
i already installed 1.12 and playing it, so far its been excellent, cant wait to get to SS. i love stealth gameplay.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:48 am

Glad to see Jason got back to you and that you are already enjoying yourself. thup01

I play SP-only and H&D2 SS v1.12 works like a charm on my W7 Ultimate laptop.

raven-shield
Private

Unread post by raven-shield » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:38 pm

good to see this good old game is still played thup01

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:05 am

raven-shield wrote:good to see this good old game is still played thup01
Yep, it's definitely a great game.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:15 am

Jason wrote:I would recommend you get the expansion Sabre Squadron as well, personally I preferred it over the missions in H&D2.
Wow Jason, I never knew you preferred Sabre over H&D2. :shock: From what I've seen on the forum, Sabre had the opposite effect on most folks.
Jason wrote:Out of all the missions in H&D2 and H&D2 SS the first mission of H&D2 SS is the closes to any original H&D mission in my opinion. It's a great stealth mission and I'm sure you will have fun if you play it.
One of my favorites too. thup01

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:52 am

Duke0196 wrote:Wow Jason, I never knew you preferred Sabre over H&D2. :shock: From what I've seen on the forum, Sabre had the opposite effect on most folks.
My reaction to H&D2 when I first played it was disappointment. The missions didn't have the same style or feel to them as the original game. It is a good game overall but it's far from H&D1, H&D2 SS felt to me, more like H&D1's style of mission play. It's almost like H&D2 lost it's identity during development and then finally with H&D2 SS they came back. If you followed the development of H&D2 as closely as I and others back in the day you'll know the many reasons why I was disappointed. In short they took a lot of stuff out and tried to make the game revolve around one man which you can tell had a flow on effect later with the missions and their design. H&D2 lacked the atmosphere the original game crafted so well.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:46 pm

There was definitely a good game in H&D1 and FFF but I was frustrated with the bugs. I get my stealth and sniping fix depending on which H&D2 or SS mission I play; but you know me, I just wish there were more Pacific missions. :lol: Lars sent me old development screenshots which show a Japanese battleship and aircraft. It seems there was more planned but didn't pan out. :cry:
Last edited by Duke0196 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

raven-shield
Private

Unread post by raven-shield » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:48 am

Duke0196 wrote:
Jason wrote:I would recommend you get the expansion Sabre Squadron as well, personally I preferred it over the missions in H&D2.

i'll install it as soon as i complete H&D2, and replay it in stealthy way.
with knife :D

raven-shield
Private

Unread post by raven-shield » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:30 am

damn this game has great potential for making some amazing hardcore stealthy mod.
something like metal gear solid in WW2

its 3rd person, you can adjust speed of running, walking, crouching and crawling and based on that change level of visibility, you can carry bodies to hide them, you can dive, enemies are already good, they patrol and shoot on sight, calling for backup, in dark and shadows visibility is significantly reduced

only things that have to be added is make level of noise you make depending on how fast u move, add some distraction like throw a rock or knock on wall, optionally make throw a knife ability (which requires special throwing knife), add silencer for pistol, add radar minimap, adjust character ability to climb higher walls, add ability to capture enemy if approached from behind with weapon (this can be done in H&D2 but only if enemy surrenders and unfortunantley they do this rarely). add hand radio so our hero can speak with his own command, modify maps with more shadows and add multiple objectives on each map to exploit full potential of each map in order to make long gameplay, disable savegame, add autosavesave on chekpoint (after every completed objective), maybe add some night vision goggles from WW2

add story something like-in WW2 war was evolving. different method of warfare were researched, our country needed someone who is able complete mission without sending 3000 soldiers, with equipment and vehicles because it costs alot. and thats when stealth was born. they took one man, trained him to move quietly, to avoid enemy (kill only those who are standing in his way) to steal important documents, snipe high ranked generals, plant explosives on ships, photograph enemy research projects, sabotage factory....

if i only could make mods :D

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:17 am

raven-shield wrote:add some distraction like throw a rock or knock on wall
Ever try, Deadly Dozen 2? You can throw a "1941 U.S. Quarter" (25-cent piece) as a distraction though the image in the inventory is actually a 50-cent piece.
raven-shield wrote:add silencer for pistol
You will find a silenced German pistol in Sabre Squadron.
raven-shield wrote:add hand radio so our hero can speak with his own command
Assuming most of these ops are deep behind enemy lines, your hero is going to need hands the size of King Kong. :lol: WW2 hand-held radio technology was a bit short-ranged.
raven-shield wrote:plant explosives on ships
Reminds me of Z Special Unit. They planted mines on Japanese ships in Singapore.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_Special_Unit

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:34 pm

raven-shield wrote:only things that have to be added is
You're not talking about HD2 are you?
raven-shield wrote:make level of noise you make depending on how fast u move
Already works this way.
raven-shield wrote:add some distraction like throw a rock or knock on wall
You can do this, by making noise, shuffling around or with your knife against a surface.
raven-shield wrote:add silencer for pistol
As has been said, there is a suppressed pistol, though it is a P08, and doesn't really have a place in the game.
raven-shield wrote:add radar minimap
That is what the compass basically is, they disabled it in multiplayer when SS came out, I guess idiots complained.
raven-shield wrote:adjust character ability to climb higher walls
You can do this, you just need to learn how.
raven-shield wrote:add ability to capture enemy if approached from behind with weapon
Why? Just to facilitate capturing enemy uniforms better? If it was more prudent to be in an enemy uniform, we would deploy with one.
raven-shield wrote:this can be done in H&D2 but only if enemy surrenders and unfortunantley they do this rarely
No, I think it is very fortunate.
raven-shield wrote:add hand radio so our hero can speak with his own command
Well there is a "back radio" :lol: that you can use to speak with your support unit, to call in support. Every time you have a mission briefing, who you think is talking to you?
raven-shield wrote:add multiple objectives on each map to exploit full potential of each map
There are multiple objectives and Easter eggs.
raven-shield wrote:disable savegame
You can, basically.
raven-shield wrote:night vision goggles from WW2
Close, but no cigar.
raven-shield wrote:if i only could make mods
That wouldn't be enough.