Sabre Squadron: Wanted

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
geosouv
Lieutenant

Sabre Squadron: Wanted

Unread post by geosouv » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:43 pm

I don't know if I can post adds here, there is no topic for adds but here it goes. I am desperately looking for Sabre Squadron for the PC. I looked everywhere on the Internet and found it new for 50 euro or something like that. It's insane. Does anyone have it (not pirated) and can send it to Greece at a good price? Neither Sold out software - Mastertronic has it, I don't know why.
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are

Jason
Administrator

Re: Sabre Squadron: Wanted

Unread post by Jason » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:13 am

New and sealed copy here, Be quick: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HIDDEN-and-D ... 27bec3f480

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Thank you Jason, but it is a bit expensive for me. Usually I find old games for 10 or 5 €. I was hoping for a more reasonable price.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:42 pm

geosouv wrote:Thank you Jason, but it is a bit expensive for me. Usually I find old games for 10 or 5 €. I was hoping for a more reasonable price.
You're right geosouv. Asking prices for Sabre Squadron are insane. I just checked Amazon.com and the average asking price for Sabre Squadron jewel case is $75 USD; yet I can still buy a new H&D2 for less than $5 USD from a mob in Canada and that includes $3.99 shipping. If buying a used game isn't a problem you can buy a very good (sehr gut) condition from Amazon.de for EUR 2,18 + EUR 3,00 shipping.
You might also look around for "Courage under Fire" or "Hidden and Dangerous 2 Gold Edition." These are bundled editions with both the original H&D2 and the Sabre Squadron expansion.

I've added the following for reference ...

- Hidden and Dangerous 2 Sabre Squadron
New: Amazon.com (USD 75.07) / Amazon.de (EUR 39,95)
Used: Amazon.de (EUR 2,18) / Amazon.fr (EUR 34.53)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new
http://www.amazon.de/Hidden-Dangerous-S ... 0002V2CB2/
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B0002V2CB2/

- Courage Under Fire
New: USD 48.15 (AUD 59.95)
http://www.megaonlinestore.com/p369052- ... e-pc-games

- Hidden and Dangerous 2 Gold Edition
New: Amazon.de (EUR 11,99 but delivery is 2 to 5 weeks )
Used: Amazon.de (EUR 8.75)
http://www.amazon.de/Hidden-Dangerous-G ... 40-0088673

I hope this info helps. Good luck! ... Duke thup01

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:01 pm

Thank you very much for the information, Duke. I didn't know there was a gold edition of H&D2 which includes the original game and the expansion pack. I will search for prices for the gold edition. The problem with the amazon links you sent me is that amazon doesn't ship to Greece as far as I know. But I am sure I can find the gold edition at a good price used on e-bay or even play.com. Thanks again for the help :grin: . May I know your name and location?
Last edited by geosouv on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:25 pm

No worries for the info. Amazon sites and their resellers will usually ship to other countries. They used to ship to me in Asia. The shipping rate gets adjusted to international rates for your location. Just keep an eye of for any restrictions. I too was not aware of the Gold Edition until I looked around. I knew about the "Courage Under Fire" bundle but have never actually seen it. Finally, I'm Duke on the island of O'ahu (Hawai'i). Aloha and good luck. thup01

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Wow Duke, Hawai :eek: , that's a very exotic place even for Greeks. Is it part of the U.S.A.? I saw it on a map, I think Pearl Harbor is there huh? Very historic place. Is that why you play WW2 games? ;)

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:39 pm

geosouv wrote:Wow Duke, Hawai :eek: , that's a very exotic place even for Greeks.
Not many Greeks on island but I can still buy my gyros with tzatziki. :grin: I do remember there were a lot of Greeks in Australia.
geosouv wrote: Is it part of the U.S.A.? I saw it on a map, I think Pearl Harbor is there huh? Very historic place.
The kingdom was annexed by the US after the monarchy was overthrown in the 1890's. Hawai'i became a state in 1959. Pearl is 40 km away.
geosouv wrote: Is that why you play WW2 games? ;)
My dad and uncles served during WW2 and their units fought the Japanese. I prefer games based on the Pacific War, this is mentioned in some of my posts and Jason was most helpful in his responses. That is probably why I prefer H&D2's Burma campaign.