Highest Rank

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
geosouv
Lieutenant

Highest Rank

Unread post by geosouv » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Hello everyone! Can someone please tell me what's the highest military rank you can achieve in this game? I reached "major" rank early in the game but I can't get anymore promotions. Thank you.
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are

Jason
Administrator

Re: Highest Rank

Unread post by Jason » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:25 am

I think the highest is Major actually, was in the original. After all you don't see many Generals in the field ;)

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Thank you Jason, you know a lot about this game. By the way did you know your name is Greek. It's called Iason or Iasonas in Greek. Do you have Greek ancestors or is it an ordinary name for Australia? I hope you don't mind me asking

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Yes I did know it was Greek, I didn't know it was Iason or Iasonas in Greek though - very interesting indeed!
Jason isn't that popular of a name in Australia (or many places it seems), it's not extremely rare just not often used these days. My parents named me after the character Jason from the movie Jason and the Argonauts :cool: a classic film

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:16 pm

Yes, I didn't know that film existed, but the story I have read when I was a boy. It is one of the greatest stories-myths in Greek Mythology. I have read the Greek mythology many times from different authors. It looks like your parents admired the Greek mythology. Have a look at the Deus Ex Human Revolution trailer here. They use a very popular Greek myth at the beginning. It is the myth of Daedalus and Icarus. Also, in this game the main character, Adam Jensen, is voiced by Greek actor Toufexis, I think his first name is Elias. Toufeki means rifle in Greek. So his name, Toufexis, means something like "Rifleman". The whole project is Canadian, developed by Eidos Montreal.