Gamplay help and suggestions for improvement

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
shrekdj
Corporal

Gamplay help and suggestions for improvement

Unread post by shrekdj » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:41 am

Hi all.

Currently in C4 and it feels great to be a part of such a BeauT!! :grin:

H&D 2 seriously kicks some shit out of COD and others. Superb graphics and great team support.
Well here are first set of questions related to general gameplay and request some suggestions for improvement.

1. My teammates often swap weapons instead me manually configure them. Its not an issue but in serious firefights I do provide Sten / Bren alongside the rifles. At times they shoot with Karabiner when the danger is too much to handle and in smooth scouting the areas they keep the bren / sten equipped. That really sucks!!.. becoz of that silliness I often keep their shoulders empty and do the clean up job on my own :-?
Is there a way to keep them stick to the weapons I configure for the "Hands"?

2. One thing that instantly caught my attention was the warning of "Enemy sighted" or "Enemy contact" system in this game. Its good that the teammates can grab the enemies from really great distances which is impossible for me to get it without Binocs. They shout it too loud though!.
but, my issue is with the player I handle manually (directly). He too warns me of any enemy sightings nearby, which is good though BUT it cuts the challenge and ends up like spoon feeding the dangers. I want to block this message and enhance the difficulty even more. I played in very hard and still the message pops up.
Any way to stop the (warning) messages for the Soldier whom I manually control?

3. how the save system works? In Normal I can save unlimited times and even resume the game after quitting from the save checkpoint. How do "Hard" or "Very Hard" differ from Normal?? What challenge they offer??
Can I resume from the same "save check point" which I had quit (end the game) in higher difficulty??

:grin: :grin:

Duke0196
Captain

Re: Gamplay help and suggestions for improvement

Unread post by Duke0196 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:18 pm

shrekdj wrote: Currently in C4 and it feels great to be a part of such a BeauT!! :grin:
Glad you are enjoying yourself. :grin:
shrekdj wrote: Is there a way to keep them stick to the weapons I configure for the "Hands"?
The only way I know is to provide them with the specific weapon you want them to use.

Its been my experience that the soldier, as in real life, uses the best weapon available for the job; they may be switching to a rifle because there is a better chance of hitting their target rather than "spray and pray" with an SMG. You might consider providing them with semi-automatic weapons like the M1 Garand or M1 Carbine rather than a bolt-action rifle if laying down more lead is your concern. For instance, it was not uncommon for US snipers during the Pacific War to carry a carbine as their backup weapon since it provided quicker reaction than their bolt action but greater distance than a pistol.

You might also consider the BAR over the Bren. The smaller magazine is a trade-off but the ability to fire the BAR from prone, kneeling, and standing versus the prone-only Bren is quite useful.
shrekdj wrote: Currently in C4 ...
Assuming you mean Campaign 4, its makes sense your soldiers are switching weapons as the rifle would be better suited for some of the longer distance jungle conditions of the first mission. SMGs are not good brush cutters or accurate over distance. On the other hand, SMGs will be truly invaluable in the CQB of the bunkers since distance is not a factor.
shrekdj wrote: They shout it too loud though!. ... Any way to stop the (warning) messages for the Soldier whom I manually control?
I think you are stuck with the warnings. :sad: If you feel they are too loud ... you can select "Silent Movement" in the commands menu. You'll still get the warnings but they won't be so loud that you feel they are giving away your position. I normally switch to silent movement for the same reason.
shrekdj wrote: How do "Hard" or "Very Hard" differ from Normal?? What challenge they offer??

Easy: Unlimited Saves / Damage 60%
Normal: Unlimited Saves / Damage 80%
Hard: 3 Saves / Damage 100%
Very Hard: 0 Saves / Damage 120%
shrekdj wrote: Can I resume from the same "save check point" which I had quit (end the game) in higher difficulty??
No, as your save is tied to the profile you used.

Hope this helps. thup01

shrekdj
Corporal

Unread post by shrekdj » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:44 pm

Yes, under C4 campaign and there is an option you can choose for a silent kill/movement and it helps to play a major difference during many difficult missions. Just finished the game though and was terrific game play throughout :grin:

No problems either with the technical aspects and tactical ones. Lost only twice the soldiers and they did exceptionally well during the fights and covering the team. It seems v1.12 is completely a different game than what the original and its worth your time and effort you put in the team.

I am really glad to have this and currently suggested to grab copies for my cousins too :mrgreen:

Thanks again Duke0196 for the help and the difficulty of saves is also great to know for more challenging replay!!

Again I hope we can all keep in touch from time to time for any suggestions in future thup01

Looking for some kick ass mods too :mrgreen:

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:46 pm

No worries, glad I was able to help. :grin:
shrekdj wrote:Looking for some kick ass mods too :mrgreen:
Unfortunately, H&D2 doesn't have a lot of mods compared to other games but its worth your while to search around.

Jason hosts a few mods including completed "Normal" & "Hard" profiles so you don't have to replay the campaign if you want to try out the single missions in "Hard." http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/hd2/files.php

Another option is to download Major Disaster's profile changer utility and change your profile into any other level. He also has some saved missions with unique features like starting out with German uniforms, etc. Sure it takes away some of the challenge but its all in the name of good fun. http://belknapenterprises.com/Hnd2/

Hidden and Dangerous GF is another good spot for mods. I hope your German is good. http://www.hidden-and-dangerous2.com/do ... /index.php I rather enjoyed the weapon code mod. It lets you give weapons and / or equipment to your soldiers which may not have been available in that mission. Ever wonder what it would be like to use the Russian weapons or the French masmle36? What if you had a silenced P08 in the underground lab? Now you can try them out.
http://www.hidden-and-dangerous2.com/do ... ile_id=200

Enjoy! thup01

shrekdj
Corporal

Unread post by shrekdj » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:44 am

Hi :grin:

Need some help over "Very Hard" Difficulty game setting under Campaign mode

Somewhere I have read that few missions are nearly impossible to complete without profile change utility under "Very Hard" settings.

Can anyone share some info regarding the highest difficulty setting and related problems in mission gameplay (Campaign Mode)??

I want to try this difficulty BUT without serious glitches or errors which will ruin my time and efforts. I know about disguises pretty much impossible to obtain but apart from that are there any other problems associated with it??

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:16 pm

It is a pretty weak excuse, uniforms being really difficulty to acquire; just learn how to reduce troop morale or wait for them to run out of ammunition.

shrekdj
Corporal

Unread post by shrekdj » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:16 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:It is a pretty weak excuse, uniforms being really difficulty to acquire; just learn how to reduce troop morale or wait for them to run out of ammunition.
No not at all. Its not what I asked :!:
My question was whether any mission, for example, Babes in the Woods, where one of my primary task is to capture Driver and acquire uniform. Now, some where I read that in highest difficulty its difficult to have him captured (or impossible). I won't be able to move over the next mission.
So, Very Hard will play just like Hard with no serious game stopping glitches???

Also, after completing campaign till the end and having built up good team statistics.
Can I play any mission with the cumulative (final) statistics of the Team??
I tried to replay with added skill-points but it reverts back to default.

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:29 pm

shrekdj wrote:
H&D 2 seriously kicks some shit out of COD and others.
You can say that again. Call of Duty appears totally sketchy compared to H&D 2. H&D 2 has very good video mission briefings, has a lot of secret stuff to find and a ton of replay value. I have finished this game 4 times and I still don't want to uninstall it. The main difference between Call of Duty and H&D 2 is that in H&D2 the missions actually have many important objectives that help in the course of the war rather than not knowing what you are fighting for like in Call of Duty. If H&D 3 comes out it will beat the crap out of all the ridiculous Call of Duty series, especially modern warfare series. H&D 2 really makes you feel like you are part of the effort to win the war. The briefings are just amazing. There is a lot more attention to detail in H&D 2 than in any of the Call of Duty series. I think tactical shooters in general are a lot superior to conventional FPSs. What do you think?
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:34 pm

shrekdj wrote:So, Very Hard will play just like Hard with no serious game stopping glitches???
Can I play any mission with the cumulative (final) statistics of the Team??.
I was speaking in a general sense. As far as I know of, it was just he surrendering issue. No, you can't.

shrekdj
Corporal

Unread post by shrekdj » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:15 am

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: I was speaking in a general sense. As far as I know of, it was just he surrendering issue. No, you can't.
Ok. Thank You. smile01
geosouv wrote:I think tactical shooters in general are a lot superior to conventional FPSs. What do you think?
H&D2 is superb and after ghost recon no other game is interesting a bit.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 pm

geosouv wrote:I think tactical shooters in general are a lot superior to conventional FPSs. What do you think?
Run & Gun is pretty boring most of the time. The way the original COD did the run & gun stuff was actually really enjoyable for that sort of thing but tactical shooters are definitely superior to standard FPS games. When you have cover system mechanics, stealth and the level design that encourages/requires tactics - it's just so much more enjoyable than brainless running and gunning. I do enjoy brainless running and gunning but only at certain times. Games such as Unreal Tournament and Duke Nukem have their place, it's just far down the ladder from H&D and Tom Clancy Games ;)

I recently played Sniper: Ghost Warrior. The game has mostly Sniping levels that involve stealth but there are some random run & gun moments that really took away from the game. Mainly due to the fact that the run & gun mechanics of the game were developed correctly - felt tacked on - the MGs were crap to use.

Stealth & Tactics over Run & Gun every time thup01

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:51 am

Jason wrote:Stealth & Tactics over Run & Gun every time thup01
No argument there.

shrekdj
Corporal

Unread post by shrekdj » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:03 pm

Most of the FPS games are popular among games cafe and contests launched in our college too. Other than its great for a Co-op or multiplayer. For me who isn't much of a multi-player Tactical games provide all the fun although very few are good enough.
I wish H&D3 too in a new avatar since there is a wide room of improvement for a more perfect tactical game.