Help with Castle mission

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
marshuff
Private

Help with Castle mission

Unread post by marshuff » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:26 am

I'm not sure I am in the right place but here it goes anyway.
When you enter the castle, can get the papers o.k. but when I start out the door, I get shot by a guard. I don't have a gun out so what the heck is next. I went to the warehouse but the two guys came out and shot me too. What do you do after you pick up the papers? I don't seem to have enough time to do anything.

Lars
Commando

Help with Castle mission

Unread post by Lars » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:02 pm

Sounds to me like you are cary anything allied with you.. (knife backpack) these are things loyal germans don?t like and they always will identify you as an spy :P

Alexander
Captain

Help with Castle mission

Unread post by Alexander » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:59 pm

well actually.. German soldier DONT react to wrong knife type actually :wink:

though i must say i thought so for "years" but they dont, wich by the way is kinda realistic, because you wouldnt start shooting one of your own because he is carrying a wrong type of knife... or would you ? :twisted:
Rendevouz with destiny!

Drozdov
Major

Help with Castle mission

Unread post by Drozdov » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:46 am

The disguise system in H&D is a joke. It causes less suspicion if you sprint across the courtyard than if you take your time. It's just a timed bar, multiplied by the number of axis soldiers who can see you, which is ridiculous. When in disguise, you'll see a thin vertical bar on the character info box, coloured black. This is your disguise bar, and it goes down when in the sight of enemy soldiers. Once the bar turns white, they start shooting you. If they're just shooting at you straight away, that means you must have some allied equipment showing. If you can walk a little bit before they shoot you, it means you're going to slow - sprint like a crazy bastard! I know it's so unrealistic, but that's what you have to do. :?
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

da fish
Sergeant

Help with Castle mission

Unread post by da fish » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:48 pm

well i dunno...... it could be explained as:

*player runs passed, guards double take*

"whats his problem"

"he wasnt carrying a british gun was he??"
"nah couldnt have, thats too crazy to happen here!"

*guards keep doing their rounds*