4ds files hacked

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Marvin (hun)
Sergeant

Re: 4ds files hacked

Unread post by Marvin (hun) » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:42 am

I sent the texture-excel file to you hdmaster on mail. Did you get it?

hdmaster
Sergeant

Unread post by hdmaster » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:14 am

Yes I got your e-mail, thanks! :grin:

ixjackinthebox
Private

Unread post by ixjackinthebox » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Hows the plugin going?

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:59 pm

I was keen to take a look at the Mafia 1 editor, it has rw_data.dll like hd&2.

I put the rw_data.dll from mafia 1 game into H&2, i set MafiaPath, DataDLLPath, DtaFiles in the text file to point to H&2 path.

I imported a map into mafia editor, Africa 1 mp, the editor don't read all the dta files from H&D 2, i understand why' as the rw_data.dll is taken from mafia, the H&2-2 rw_data.dll don't work with the mafia editor ,it will keep crashing out the editor.

I see in mafia editor a lot of scene, the only files that mafia editor will read, bitmaps i don't see either, i was hoping that because this editor has 3d, and you see your objects, if you mod mafia one with this editor you no what im talking about. Is that it be possible to create maps with mafia editor as long it had the rw_data.dll working with it from h&D 2.

Is their anyone that could edit mafia rw_data.dll , or Hd&2, rw_data.dll with the decrypted codes from Hidden and dangerous to read the dta files, a patched rw_data.dll .

It would work maybe the editor, i would update the mafia editor myself , just im not a coder :( i tryed to edit rw_data.dll and get it to read the dta from H&2 just i not no how to edit in instructions to read dta.

I at lest had a try, and that the mafia editor be useful to see were i am placing objects and this what i wish for a 3d editor to save me lots of times from using dced and rev editor.

I the mean time i created a new map, i not certain if you've seen it, it works on multiplayer and is a occupation map

Planebomba 2
http://sabremods.weebly.com/#/

Their also a read up tutorial how i made this map from new http://sabremods.weebly.com/the-mod-zone.html

:grin:

hdmaster
Sergeant

Unread post by hdmaster » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Estimated release of the plugin will be somewhere in the first two weeks in June. Maybe earlier but definetly not before 24th May. Most of the features are now implemented in 3ds Max, including scene content import (with definitions), but need a little bit of tweaking cause there are still some things wrong like rotation of scene entities. Definitions are now also editable:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In short the plugin will support at release date:
  • Import of 4DS files (models & scenes)
    Export to 4DS file format (excluding subtypes like morph targets, vertex animated objects etc)
    Import of .bin files (scene2.bin, actors.bin, sounds.bin)
    Export to .bin file format (no support for creating lightmaps atm)
    Import of .klz files
@finnlayer:
The Mafia Editor won't work with H&D2 files because the file formats of H&D2 are slightly different from the one Mafia uses. You'd need to change a lot of things to get this editor working. Also, my plugin has most of the features the editor has. Except creating collisions and lightmaps. Just wait till June :mrgreen:

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Great work Hd master, if only all this work of yours was around those many years ago.

I see a few general issues with in the game itself and the age of the game.

Generally will you be making some maps your self for releasing ?

The making of maps is cool, just that not many people hosts sabre mods, and the community is so small,
it be very great, if you could export other models to hidden and dangerous, is you exporter capable of doing export of other models from other games ? i understand copy wright issues, i have a ton of old games and would like to export models from them.

If is likely possible to export to 4ds and 5ds, would their be a tutorial to explain, how to import modules to be used in h&d, i feel now that being a old player, i have lost that feel for the game' i use to love, this is solely due to only a certain quantity of in game modules that you can interact with, i fear that their is not a lot to play ball with.

I not certain if you could add new modules to h&d2 they would work with the game, i notice in the tables of the standalone server, the free version, their in the tables are files for all the vehicles, i don't understand the format of these files, i see that to make new modules work their would have to also be a new file made and inserted in to a ripp tables folder, point me out if i am wrong ! I not 100% certain how you go about adding in new modules.

I really want to see some new vehicles, may be another add-on expansion, ones are bored out their skulls and stop playing the game, to see some light for the game, the creation of maps will not bring people back to keep playing till they drop, making maps should help to keep ones like me entertained for some time , for the import of new modules and a new type of game play then occ, dm, coop, tp , may even help boost back people to the game if they see what else is on offer.

I enjoy what you do, and really great full for your time and effort you put into the project, it can't be easy for you.

Marvin (hun)
Sergeant

Unread post by Marvin (hun) » Tue May 01, 2012 5:50 am

Very promising, thanks for the great news, hdmaster.

"Except creating collisions and lightmaps"
- what does it mean generally? We cannot collide with the created meshes/terrains and the AIs can watch the player from far-far away?

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Tue May 01, 2012 6:59 am

Technically ,their you see in picture a dark spot on the hangers , this is because their is no light map on the object' so it renders that piece dark in areas, The light maps are all made with different colors, certain light shades of blue, yellow, makes the collisions in the modules appear to exist as the object.

With out' light maps - the whole map is going to be black as a ace of spades. Some maps from different game styles' that are basically the same map' have less light maps or even more of them, to make light maps is kinda hard as each free standing object has different color codes, their is a way for all objects to have light , their also a lot of light systems for h&d 2, ambient light, direct primer, ambient occlusions, a just a few to mention - can give all modules light, i made planebomba without any light maps. light maps they come in their hundreds.

collision - all objects have no definition , so you walk thought every think, no point in making a map that not solid, tree.klz and scene.bin contains collision of maps, how you going to work out what items has collision data and what don't is a task to figure out.

hdmaster
Sergeant

Unread post by hdmaster » Tue May 01, 2012 9:43 am

@Marvin:
It will not yet be possible to create collision data for newly created objects. But it seems there is a little work-around using a definition that adds a bounding volume to an object. So collision for scene2 / actors entities may be possible. However this won't work for landscapes (scene.4ds) I guess.

@finnlayer
I'll focus on programming the needed tools for modding instead of creating new maps atm. Exporting of other game models won't be a problem I think. However vehicles or weapons would need special adjustment to get them working inside H&D2.

Yes there will be definetly some tutorials for the basic stuff of the plugin.
Maybe there will also be some tools to edit table files (e.g. humanstore.def). But my focus is on .4ds & .bin & .klz atm.

No the dark spot at the hangar is just a sector object. The reason it appears black is because the normals of this object type are always inverted. They are not pointing to the outside like normal mehses do but do point to the inside. I've already posted sth about sectors a few pages earlier: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2003&start=164

Yes I know, lights can easily be used to illuminate the scene. The only advantage of lightmaps are the shadows of static objects basically.

Collision support is a thing I'll try to add asap after the release of the plugin.

=CFS=™Semtex
Private

Unread post by =CFS=™Semtex » Sun May 13, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi I need advice, edited map but I do not know how to save it to see what we added a new in the game. I need to save the file to 3ds 4DS shows but I just do not know someone to 3ds what's the problem? thanks :arrow: http://as-fear.rajce.idnes.cz/Granatome ... x_foto.jpg help01

http://www.cfs.xf.cz/[/quote]

hdmaster
Sergeant

Unread post by hdmaster » Mon May 14, 2012 6:13 pm

To save a file in 3ds format go to menu --> Export --> Export As and choose .3ds

ixjackinthebox
Private

Unread post by ixjackinthebox » Fri May 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Any news on the release date?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun May 27, 2012 1:59 pm

ixjackinthebox wrote:Any news on the release date?
hdmaster wrote:Estimated release of the plugin will be somewhere in the first two weeks in June. Maybe earlier but definetly not before 24th May.
;)

JonnySniper
Lieutenant

Unread post by JonnySniper » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Hello,
Today i started to mod some Weapon Models.
i have a litte problem... the Firetexture inside the Model after export looks like this picture ingame while shooting!
its shows the background of the image!
like here in 3d Max
http://img.webme.com/pic/o/object-arts/bar.jpg

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Nice, looks realistic, but I doubt they would be using the bipod, let alone the handle. Just make sure that forestock is the right size!
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: