4ds files hacked

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
betteryouthanme
Lieutenant

Re: 4ds files hacked

Unread post by betteryouthanme » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Yes rw_data.dll is existing but I don't have any savegame yet. Don't even get the game running. Tried a few cracks but none is working..

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:20 pm

I have a working crack .. if i have time to hang on my external i will send it to you

hdmaster
Sergeant

Unread post by hdmaster » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:52 am

Is the crack for the russian or the polish version? It got a polish version of Chameleon but it seems that the cracks I've tried do not work with the one I got. I can start & "play" the game but the ingame text in the menus etc is not displayed correctly, only symbols and so on.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Thats the version I used to play with it http://www.had-gf.de/C.ZIP .. But remember the game uses starforce .. and I remember that vista and 7 have problems with that protection. Oh and the language on the screen was czech

Marvin (hun)
Sergeant

Unread post by Marvin (hun) » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:57 am

HAPPY NEW (and HD2-editing) YEAR for Everyone!

Is there any news about your plug-in, hdmaster? Please, pity us with some information!

Mator
Private

Unread post by Mator » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:41 am

Marvin (hun) wrote:Is there any news about your plug-in, hdmaster? Please, pity us with some information!
Yea :grin: We're waiting for news nods01

ŠvejkHO37™xczex
Private

Unread post by ŠvejkHO37™xczex » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Hey.Pls It would be someone willing to make a video tutorial 3ds Max 2012 + install .4ds import and export? I need basic instructions for modeling. Thanks ;)

Davo
Private

Unread post by Davo » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:20 am

Hi guys,pls can somebody upload two scene.4ds in 3ds format on hotfile or rapidshare ? "MISE08-HOTEL" and "MISE11-SALIERY" (missions from mafia) please ! write on this forum link. thanks!

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:27 am

Why don't you just buy the game? it's only $10 on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/40990/

ixjackinthebox
Private

Unread post by ixjackinthebox » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:26 am

hdmaster are you still about?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:10 am

He's around :cool: we just have to get the whip! grin01

Marvin (hun)
Sergeant

Unread post by Marvin (hun) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:09 pm

I fear about hdmaster realized that no chance to creating new map, this is why he dosen't post anything. But anyway, he is our hero!

hdmaster
Sergeant

Unread post by hdmaster » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:00 pm

I'm still alive :mrgreen:
I'm very sorry about not giving you any news but I was and still am very busy with learing for my final exams :oops:

However I've recently started to extend my plugin to a full H&D2 Editor. Much of my plugin code has moved from MAXScript to C# because MAXScript was way too slow to operate on huge scenes. The core of the editor now is a .NET library, ready to be used by any of the .NET languages for other projects by other interested programmers. The plugin for 3ds Max is just a wrapper using the .dll. The bad thing about that is only 3ds Max versions higher or equal version 9 support C# plugins. On the other hand it's a lot easier for me to manage C# projects, add new functionalites, solving bugs and so on.

The library currently features:
  • 4Ds Import and Export
    Scene Content Import and Export (scene2 | actors | sounds)
    Collision Import
The features currently wrapped to 3ds Max:
  • 4Ds Import and Export
After I've added the scene import & export functionality to 3ds Max I'll release the plugin asap.

You can also contribute to the project:

There are at least 12 different entity types and 25 different definition types used by H&D2. Each type has some specific values, but I have/had no time to find out what each values stands for. All unknown values are going to be labeled by their value type and a unique ID, like 'Integer 1' which is not very helpful while editing. And that's the part where you come in. If you have knowledge in H&D2 modding and know how to use a hex editor you can try to find a description for each value by editing them, recognizing any changes ingame ... try & error I'd say. I'll provide you with the needed information on the file format and the structure of each entity/definition. Just post here or PM me if you're interested and want to help.

The entity types include:
Model, Lightmap, Camera, Dummy, Sound, Light, Lensflare/Glow, Occluder, Area, Sector, Border and Visual

The definition types are (types marked with ? I'm not 100% sure)
Human, Vehicle, Barrel, Door, Radio?, Ladder, Ammocrate, Spawn, Switch, Lokomotive, Photo, Submarine, Stationary weapon, Explosive?, Document?, Destroyable object, Clock, Barrier, Dummy, Dog, Fish shoal, Camera, Ju88, Aircraft and Zone

@Davo:
H&D2's 4ds structure is different from the one Mafia uses. My importer is not capable of importing any Mafia files.

@Marvin:
Everything is possible. There are only a few unknown values preventing me from writing a working KLZ Exporter, which is I'd say the only obstacle left for completly new maps. But I'll continue trying to do my best to provide you finally with a useful editor INCLUDING KLZ EXPORT nods01 :mrgreen:

JonnySniper
Lieutenant

Unread post by JonnySniper » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:25 pm

good news :)
then we need a ingame mapdownloader to make hd2 modern :)

Marvin (hun)
Sergeant

Unread post by Marvin (hun) » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:24 pm

Ahh, it seems my provocation was success.. Great News, hdmaster!

I cannot help in the coding works, but I collected the hd2 textures to you, as I promised this 1 year ago. I made en excel file which includes the filenames in groups: "Tutorial; Arctic+Ardennes; Africa; Norway; Burma; Alps; Czech)

I can send it on e-mail, if you want!

Q: What about the lightmaps? Will be possible to make them?