Leaning

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Grimples
Major

Leaning

Unread post by Grimples » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:42 am

I wont ask this at the GS forum, tis pointless. They ban you for leaning on the OCC servers, why? Is it considered cheating?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Leaning

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:38 am

Funny, old news. They consider it cheating. Don't play there if you don't like it, right? :mrgreen:
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:16 pm

I never play OCC, Obj or DM any more, too chaotic, just read this at their forum & thought it to be very very strange. One of the main reasons i love HnD2 is because of the all the movements the player has & these people ban you for using them funny02

betteryouthanme
Lieutenant

Unread post by betteryouthanme » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Grimples wrote: I never play OCC, Obj or DM any more,  ...
Now maybe that's why you don't realise the necessity of this rule.. :mrgreen:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:03 pm

:shock:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:04 am

betteryouthanme wrote:
Grimples wrote: I never play OCC, Obj or DM any more,  ...
Now maybe that's why you don't realise the necessity of this rule.. :mrgreen:
Signed!!
But in fact you won't see one minute on a server without anyone leaning.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:53 am

Am I missing something? is leaning a code word for something other than the "lean" function in the game? what kind of a cunt bans people for using a function that's standard in the game? :oops: Is there some sort of advantage it gives? It's as bad as banning someone for using a certain gun.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:15 am

Yes  the default lean function is meant. If you play an fair MP you don't have to lean into walls or in windows without the enemy can see one single pixel of you. And the rule is said every 3 minutes on the server via the manager that it is forbidden ... but I see you don't play MP  fingers01

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:56 am

Ah, so it's used to be a cheater then?

I rarely play online, because I rarely load up H&D2 - whenever I do I go straight to MP. I'll get back into things once I free up more of my time. Busy working, like now... working... or should be at least :twisted:

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:35 am

There are instances where you can be behind cover and you are covered by a slight invisible barrier around whatever you are using as cover. This can be while laying down as well. With leaning you can also use vertical cover. Lots of the time it is people whining as they either don't have a good enough monitor with a good enough resolution or they don't have a good enough mouse with a high dots per inch. Or they just don't know how to shoot.

I have been behind cover a lot of times where I was being shot at, my opponent, who I was shooting at as well, was actually behind cover with their weapon sticking through the cover a tiny bit. So they could shoot me but I really couldn't hit them, since anything I fired at them would just hit the cover. Though, they hit me a few times, they would just complain that I was cheating or leaning or "bugusing".

There is nothing unfair about choosing cover that is very useful, it sounds like being lazy and getting frustrated leads to "banning" this type of thing. The one time I find it very annoying is on Normandy 2 right at the bank flag, as you can just lay there firing through the balcony and not be hit. Even in this case though, if you have a good team, you can distract them, flank them, and grenade them. I guess this is a problem if you have "banned" grenades though.

It is the most problem I think on Normandy 2 occupation. As there are lots of places to get cover from and servers like to "ban" grenades on it.

Toughen up Lars! :mrgreen:
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: