The Original Africa Oasis Mission Mod

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Jim Webb
Private

The Original Africa Oasis Mission Mod

Unread post by Jim Webb » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Is anybody a fan of the original mod with many enemies?I think that this was one of the best and fun filled missions
ever created by Zdenda.Although all the map packs overwrite the original data I always go back and reinstall the original mission with lots of enemies.I think that the tamed down modern version of Africa Oasis is too boring.I prefer the action of the original.
I really think that limiting the number of soldiers below 60 for every mission is not the best way forward.
Zdenda also made a night mission for this mod.It would be interesting if the night mod was also made with many enemies but had the extra tale of the mobile tank running around and the mobile halftrack.
Although Zdenda has modernized the Oasis mods the night mission is the strongest of the two modern versions in my opinion because of the challenge involved.

My message to modders is this:Please include plenty of enemy soldiers in future missions.
I want to thank all the Modders of the past who have spent a lot of time and effort creating great games. thup01
Happy New Year to Everybody involved in Hidden And Dangerous 2 as it is simply the Best Game Ever Made!

Maj-AnxietyAttack
Private

Re: The Original Africa Oasis Mission Mod

Unread post by Maj-AnxietyAttack » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Hello Jim, have to agree with you big time. The older ver. of Africa Oasis is th only one I use, mainly cause by the end you have dealt with 149 to 150 enemy ai! Also of you dont kill more than 79 to 81 ai, and then make the call on the radio to start the counterattack the map ends properly on it's own. The older ver. is one of Z's best I think!
Trapper->  "Are you going to the cockroach races"  Hawkeye->  "Nah, people only go to those to see a cockroach crash"

Jim Webb
Private

Unread post by Jim Webb » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:28 pm

It is good to see that someone else enjoys the older version of the mission.Sometimes it is hard to beat the original version and in this case the original one is the winner.

Maj-AnxietyAttack
Private

Unread post by Maj-AnxietyAttack » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi Jim, by the way if you see a coop server by the name of NonSilentCanadianCarnage or ThunderBay OntarioCanada check it out if the ping is not too high. The old Africa Oasis map is usually the first one I start with. Usually followed by Alps forest fight. I like the maps that have the highest number of enemy ai. The orginal Brest map is good too with a totla of 112 ai, if you take the time to find and frag them all  :shock: which is what I tend to do  :grin:
Trapper->  "Are you going to the cockroach races"  Hawkeye->  "Nah, people only go to those to see a cockroach crash"

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:06 pm

You carry that many fragmentation grenades?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Maj-AnxietyAttack
Private

Unread post by Maj-AnxietyAttack » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Hello V      No I don't carry that many grenades, its just a slang way of saying killing the ai.  Although just for fun I do like to chuck nades like a poo throwin monkey!  :grin:

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Yeah, well, you are on the erroneous use bandwagon, along with most uninformed "gamers." :mrgreen:
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Wasn't it on your maplist where i saw over 250 clips of ammo for any weapon ;) ?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Unless I am specifically limiting something, ammunition is set to 999. The client doesn't see that value though, it might be 250 that you see. The point is that ammunition should not be limited, take as much as you can, or want to carry.

Though if playing as Germans, I have it limited to issue plus 2, or Russians, set to issue. On my server, the Japanese are limited to their "pouches." :mrgreen:
Last edited by -ViTaMiHnM203- on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Lars wrote: Wasn't it on your maplist where i saw over 250 clips of ammo for any weapon ;) ?
You forgot to mention the 999 players allowed on his server, now that would be a sight to see.

Am sure i read somewhere that the SOE/SAS has limited resources eg, weapons, ammo etc.