H&D2 wikipedia

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

H&D2 wikipedia

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:14 pm

I saw that the article was a bit brief so i took the liberty of re-writing the details of our beloved game.  :mrgreen:
Some of the stuff on there was worth keeping I thought. But the main gameplay section I totally scrapped and re-wrote.
H&D2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_%26_Dangerous_2

H&D original
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_%26_Dangerous
They Dared and Won..... And They Were Hidden and Dangerous.
1941-1945

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D2 wikipedia

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:55 pm

Did you look at the history? Have you ever edited Wikipedia before? Articles are not supposed to read like game guides or have "game tips" like a list of weapons. It looks like you reverted some parts from earlier iterations of the article.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Do you always have to be so derogatory in your posts?

I only edited the gameplay section and maybe YOU should look up other articles if you think I covered things too extensively. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.T.A.L.K. ... _Chernobyl

I figured that other games get whole articles on their plots and the like so why not give H&D2 some detail. And I did not type up the entire games inventory. That was someone else's doing. I was considering deleting it as matter of fact. The only thing I forgot was to mark the ibidems for my refs as the manual is the best source for explaining the gameplay and features.

So... I think its safe to say I don't mind criticism and suggestions. But if you cant speak or write without an insulting tone.. you need to get out.
thup01
Last edited by Capt. Stirling on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1941-1945

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:26 pm

Just straight and to the point, that was what I wanted to know, so I asked. Other Wikipedia articles are not to be used as references; just because another article does it or says it, does not make it correct.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:24 am

Oh my goodness! I'm most sincerely apologize for having so greatly offended your authority on the subject. I bow to your unrivaled excellence and humbly resign myself to the corner of shame for having ever thought to challenge such a paragon of intellectual integrity....
:mrgreen:

Would you care to lecture me further in the fine points of writing a wiki article? And while we're at, a detailed description of the SAS's activities in WWII?
1941-1945

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:50 am

So first I am insulting, now I am insulted? Please explain to me how you can sense my "tone" that way.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:12 am

Guys continue your private discussion, privately. Or go battle it out on a H&D2 MP Server. If anyone want's to continue talking about the wikipedia articles feel free. Just remember everyone is allowed to have a different opinion about everything, discuss maturely, try not to get emotional and have knee jerk reactions. You need to back up your arguments for a preference.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:55 pm

I'm sorry for mucking up the boards Jason. I had originally intended for post to encourage discussion about the accuracy of the article and some changes I made to it in the "gameplay" section.

I don't mind criticism but it would have been nice to have seen the first post make some suggestions as to improvements or offer an opinion without an accusation of incompetency or corruption/revetment of the original article.

With that said should there be a section outlining the various mods/addons for the  original game? I know when I look up (whether its wikipedia or not) older games its cool to see if a list of communities and mods are available.
Last edited by Capt. Stirling on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1941-1945

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Capt. Stirling wrote:should there be a section outlining the various mods/addons for the  original game? I know when I look up (whether its wikipedia or not) older games its cool to see if a list of communities and mods are available.
Normally it's a good idea, look at Battlefield 1942/2 there are many great mods but the H&D2 community is unable to develop such great mods or total conversions due to the lacking of modding tools (as we all know). So with that said, there is little to no point IMO. The only total conversion mod is for H&D Deluxe (Bertgold), which comes in Russian or German. General information about the state of modding is good to have though, it's a common forum question.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Yes, H&D the original is what I meant since the development for add-ons for H&D Deluxe.

As a side note, I deleted the weapons section the article and abbreviated what I wrote in the game play to the most relevant description. Let me know if this is better.
1941-1945

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:29 pm

Yes, that looked good, but it was reverted by someone claiming vandalism... :mrgreen:

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:04 am

lol so much for that I guess..
1941-1945