Enemy Surrender

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Kazooz
Private

Enemy Surrender

Unread post by Kazooz » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:50 pm

How do you let an enemy surrender in single player campaign mode because shooting for feet or above head does not work.Shooting the gun out of their hand cannot be done because you shoot trough the gun.Please Help :shock:

Lars
Commando

Enemy Surrender

Unread post by Lars » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:20 pm

Good question. I only noticed in coop on easy only armed with pistols more enemies surrender as normal. Maybe its the count of bullets that must fly arround their head to make them surrender

Kazooz
Private

Surrender

Unread post by Kazooz » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:29 pm

But still i emptied a whole magazine of mp40 bullets above enemy in first stage head.

Drozdov
Major

Enemy Surrender

Unread post by Drozdov » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:11 am

I've never successfully forced an enemy to surrender, it just seems to be something that happens randomly. Even when I burst in on an enemy with an SMG pointed at their face while they only have a holstered pistol and are sitting on a chair they still don't surrender, they stand up and try to shoot me. I think most enemies just aren't programmed to surrender. Occasionally in long range fights soldiers randomly surrender, even while they still have comrades fighting alongside them. :? That must be a bit disheartening to be firing away at the enemy, then finding your buddy standing next to you with his hands up. :shock: But he still keeps firing. Very unrealistic.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

new guy
Sergeant

Enemy Surrender

Unread post by new guy » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:24 am

I think every soldier have a different chance of surrendering. Some enemies are programmed to be cowards, they surrender very easily. Some enemies are programmed to be real tough guys, they never surrender. You just have to find the cowards...

Alexander
Captain

Enemy Surrender

Unread post by Alexander » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:10 am

enemies are programmed to.....
exactly, if you go to africa 1 in single player, you will find that some enemyes surrender much easier than the ones in the burma missions. :roll:
Rendevouz with destiny!

da fish
Sergeant

Enemy Surrender

Unread post by da fish » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:33 am

well the japs wherent exacltly famous for the the surrendering in ww2. it took two nukes to get that too happen. the italiens on the other hand are frightened by party poppers!!

i saw a german surrender in coop in libya 3 a couple of weeks ago.....all his mates dead, i pointed my rifle at him and he dropped his pistol quicker than ithe poo hit his pants!!

no wonder they crouch!!

capthavoc
Lieutenant

Enemy Surrender

Unread post by capthavoc » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:45 pm

i noticed onces in libya 3 that a german surrender close at the door of the outpost just before whe got shelled i captured him and he was stil alive after being shelled :shock:

jsut after that i hear "him"say WAS??? i geus he turned deaf :?

lol

SoldierX
Private

Enemy Surrender

Unread post by SoldierX » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:55 pm

i usually find if u wait until they aim at you and pop em in the arm once or twice they drop the gun and surrender, bit risky but hey