2 new coop spotted

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Heatseeker
Corporal

Re: 2 new coop spotted

Unread post by Heatseeker » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:37 pm

I kind of figured (with a bit of help), moved the sounds already.
I also rather use the default weapon skins since im very used to them.

Thanks for your help and a very big thanks to the authors of the coop pack, it triplicates the value of the game, great fun :grin: .

Heatseeker
Corporal

Unread post by Heatseeker » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:09 pm

Oh oh, for some reason i cant launch czech4 in any game mode anymore, it just throws me back to the main menu :-? .

Help, heelp!!! no_01 .

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:53 pm

Than some files should be missing. Reinstall the map. That should fix it

Heatseeker
Corporal

Unread post by Heatseeker » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:18 pm

Lars wrote: Than some files should be missing. Reinstall the map. That should fix it
I just joined a server and it worked so maybe its a prob with my map list or something.
Anyways thanks for help smile01.

Q: Is the super coop pack project discontinued or can we expect future versions?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:23 pm

They keep throwing out new versions.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Heatseeker
Corporal

Unread post by Heatseeker » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:31 am

Airfield starts in some diferent place.
Would be pretty cool if we started this mission without explosives and had to find the key and steal explosives from the locked room nods01 .

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:18 pm

For Africa1, the easter egg was added as well. I prefer to spawn in the original area though.

Playing with out explosives is up to the server, as that information is stored in the maplist. I don't remember ever using explosives to destroy anything on that map. I use the 30, flak or grenades.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Heatseeker
Corporal

Unread post by Heatseeker » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:32 am

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: For Africa1, the easter egg was added as well. I prefer to spawn in the original area though.
Indeed, the missions would be better if they were as faithfull as possible to the SP originals (objectives/spawn areas) but with more enemies, reinforcements..

I will never forgive Illusion 2Kczech for not making us more coops, there is so much potential.. its just sad.

SQDN LDR Ted Striker
Private

Unread post by SQDN LDR Ted Striker » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:47 pm

well, I moved the spawn point in my "easter egg" Africa1 coop mod (in ModsCzAf), cause I hate to walk the long way from the original spawn point when the jeep's not there : :grin: :grin:

more new maps are coming up.
enjoy & have fun! thup01
Don't tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:39 pm

Figured as much...

Think we can get some other originals?

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Cannot connect to Lars website, i get this:
DATABASE-ERROR
Error: [1226] User 'hiddenande36' has exceeded the 'max_connections' resource (current value: 50)
Host: localhost
Database: hiddenande36_old
Connect to Server

I want: HD2SS Coop SuperPack v 1.3
Anywhere else i can download from? I did a google & found: http://www.czteam.eu/new_01.html. I get this:
"You don't have permission to access /dow_2/HD2SS_coop_SuperPack_v_1[1].3.zip on this server."

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:30 pm

The site server is a little buggy in the last time. In one minute it works in the next it doesn´t. But the filesever still works so if you can connect to the site server and click the downloadlink your download should be completed and working. About the cz site. No idea. Normaly you don´t have to register. Will ask Zdenda for that

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:34 pm

Downloading nows Lars :grin:
At first there was no link. I allowed JS & disabled ad-block but still no link so i enabled cookies & the link appeared.

(hmm... deja vu. seems i have done this before, very spooky)

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:48 pm

WTF is going on. Playing Africa & well... these are not soldiers, they're goddam robots. They're shooting me in the head from more than halfway across the map, i cannot even see them. Havent played in a while, maybe am bi.. very rusty.
Played on a server last night, the same things were happening then, getting shot from all over the place. Don't recall the game to being this hard.

edit:
This is UFB!. What are the best tactics for Africa1. Cannot get close to the enemy, if i snipe from anywhere they just blow me up or shoot me in the head from 200 miles away. Dunno who done this map but it is way over the top. This is not HnD as it was meant to be, this is insanity angry01
Last edited by Grimples on Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:13 pm

Gotta say this: Zhenda, the maps are great but... they're almost unplayable, love them but i also hate them. I can barely see the enemy through the scope & they are giving me heads shots, am sure they can smell me coming. These are human soldiers, there are no beings fom outer space in this game (well there is now!).
Remember, this is just my personal opinion & i do tend to moan a lot. Do not let one person put you off from future maps, they are very good.

Need some feedback. How do others find these maps? Has any one completed any without getting killed? Played on hard last night & normal today & can notice no difference in difficulty, they still have exra-ordinary eye sight & shooting skills.