What should the next patch contain?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:48 am

Are you using the same gamekey for both pcs?

I have no problem connecting...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

baff
Corporal

Unread post by baff » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:05 pm

seperate ones for all 6.

I can host the internet server and and connect from inside the lan and players from the internet can join also, but we cannot all join an external server.

Which is a pity.

Marek and Pavel both said they'd have a look but that was years ago. Hopefully they'll remember to test this configuration for the next game.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:53 am

What kinda router are you using?

Static or dynamic ip?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

baff
Corporal

Unread post by baff » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:06 pm

I'm using a Linksys router, although I have also tried without a dedicated hardware router using WinXp connection sharing and experienced the same problem.
I have a static ip.

When you say you have no problem connecting, do you mean you have no problems connecting multiple games to the same internet server?
I have no problems joining internet games with only 1 client, or hosting my own internet games.

As I understand it, some games support dynamic ports and others do not.

Games such as Planetside, WOW, Ghost Recon, Battlefields amongst others allow multiple internet connections to route nicely with no further configuration while Joint Operations, and Unreal based games, require you to manually reassign the join port ranges in each client's game configuration files and then port forward those specified ports to each seperate client around the LAN, using the router.

I think H&D2 doesn't use a range of join ports but instead has only the one (11001?). So I don't think it can support multiple joins from the same IP at all.

If that makes sense.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:51 pm

Yes, I could join multiple computers on my network to the same internet server, aslong as we are using differant gamekeys...

baff
Corporal

Unread post by baff » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:25 pm

thanks for the tip.

When I do that, although they often connect it doesn't route nicely and all but 1 games bork out. More often they simply hang at the connection message, or if pressed claim the cd key is already in use. (Which since they can happily connect individually, it clearly isn't).

Just to re-confirm, but this internet server is not hosted by you on the same LAN but is someone elses?
I have no problems with games I am hosting.

I can connect to my internet server from inside the LAN, but I cannot connect to someone elses internet server with multiple clients.

So for example I can host an internet game and (as long as we all have seperate game keys) all the other LAN clients can join that server as well as you and other online players. However if I wish to join your internet server I can only manage with a single client.

Did this just work for you, or did you have to configure your network in anyway at all please?
Last edited by baff on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:50 pm

Yes other servers...

I never had to config anything...
Last edited by -ViTaMiHnM203- on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baff
Corporal

Unread post by baff » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:51 pm

You need seperate keys if your own server is an internet server.
Last edited by baff on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:53 pm

Shit, you caught me! Lmao...

baff
Corporal

Unread post by baff » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:57 pm

**EDIT**

NM.

You don't own 2 cd keys?
Thanks for the trolling, I did even go as far as beginning the debug process all over again. Well done.

Is there an ignore function on this forum please?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:39 pm

Jeez, are you psychotic?
I hope you are not refering to me...
I just sent you my config like you asked...

Yes I own 2 cd keys, I meant you caught me as in I was online and posting and you replyed within the minute...

Can you please explain yourself?

baff
Corporal

Unread post by baff » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:15 am

Please try and ignore me I am clearly psychotic. Not to mention rude.

It was very kind of you to send me your settings and attempt to help. Thank you.
I do not wish to attempt to debug this with you.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:21 pm

Seriously tho, it seems...

I dont understand, you accuse me of trolling but in actuality it is you trolling...

Sudden outburst of I dont know what...

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:13 am

:?
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Patchman123
Private

Re: What should the next patch contain?

Unread post by Patchman123 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Jason wrote:The italian rifle was useless in Africa because if any sad got in it, it would blow up in your face :shock:

All rifles do that. They all blow up in your face if you get sand in them. We're talking about bolt-actions rifles with complex machinery, not an AK-47 here.

That's about normal for all rifles to blow up in your face if you get sand in them because the sand obstructs the bullet from leaving the chamber during a reaction of the gun going off, hence why it explodes.
You don't need to rag on the Italians and promote another Italians are bad soldiers joke here.