New Walkthrough Site For HD2

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
ginzorninplad
Private

Unread post by ginzorninplad » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:13 am

I posted this in the "mission strategies" section but I'm not quite sure that was the right place; anyway I don't suppose it can hurt to post it again in here:

New (well, newish, couple of weeks) HD2 site at:

http://www.geocities.com/ginzorninplad2/index.htm

Mainly walkthroughs (full series) with a few additional bits. Strictly single-play oriented, no multiplay material, sorry about that. Nothing on Sabre Squadron, except for a review of the demo explaining why I'm not buying it.

Some of you may remember my old HDD walkthroughs. Which by the way are still up at:

http://www.geocities.com/ginzorninplad/index.htm

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:23 pm

Your walkthroughs are colourful and have some negativity which can be strong and makes me wonder why you put the effort in. It is great that you have gone to such lengths :D

The Sabre Squadron expansion is good, I really suggest you play the whole game before you pass judgement because the demo doesn't reflect the whole game at all.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Alexander
Captain

Unread post by Alexander » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:02 am

no in the fear of beeing a whinning son of a bitch looser fan,
(wich iam)
ive read some of your "work" and... well i agree with you in all of the errors, the lack of italian weapons, compared to the flod of russians, wich even makes multiplayer (that you dont care about) more .. idiotic, because the axis forces have very few weapons to begin with.

and you wondered if there even was a german fighitng knife... well it sure was i have one just like the one in the game, only it is a bayonett, so its much longer..

the american weapons on the demo, well i do agree that its lame! BUT come on that is the least of the problems. I as well hate when i see americans with stenguns on multiplayer. thats even more lame if you ask me!

and the red berets! you said that its wrong as well. well actually it isnt, SAS often used red air force berets, to make the enemt force think that a much larger enemy force was present, and with the fact that germany shot special forces, commandos, SAS, SOE and such forces.
so by using red berets they were only to be imprisoned as normal soldiers. or paratroopers.

iam sure i'll find something else to ease your pain with the game.

i think its sad you find the game so disapointing, but after all if you had signed up for beta testing a couple months ago.

now iam sure to be looked as like a nerdy fan who'll do anything to protect the games honour... :roll:
Rendevouz with destiny!

Alexander
Captain

Unread post by Alexander » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:03 am

ok after more intensive reading on your cozy "walkthrough" ive understod it that you actually seem to like the game...

and just so you know
(Which, mysteriously, is not frozen.)
well I live in Norway, and no mather if its 20-30 degrees minus, some swamps dont seem to want to freeze... :S
though they most often do get frozen, and just having a open field with ice could be cool, with germans overlooking the ice with a mg station or two.
but i dont think it really is so very cold there.. .at least when "we" are there, because nor are the svamp frozen, but even more mysteriously the water isnt frozen! :roll:

this is not in the attention to be "rude" or offensive against you mr. creator of walkthrough, iam just trying to "help" you with some of the error and bug! :P
Rendevouz with destiny!

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:19 am

That's weird how the swamps and that don't freeze over :shock:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Alexander
Captain

Unread post by Alexander » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:21 am

yeah i know, there is a swamp near where I live, it NEVER freezes, ive never ever seen it frozen. though it do get pretty "thick" and slurpy... but thats all...
Rendevouz with destiny!

da fish
Sergeant

Unread post by da fish » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:56 pm

it depends what else in the water i guess....

also, the red berets where something to do with the medical corp before the para's took them, so initially there could have been some confusion on the german behalf..........

"vas iz zis englander medik doing vit a sten gun??"
(forgive the tacky german accent!)

anyway some useless info that might provide some clarity, or just eleviate the bordom!

Kileman
Private

Unread post by Kileman » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:43 am

Cheers ginzorninplad,

Apart from been a good reference site when times are tough, it is funny as hell to read.

Kileman

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri May 20, 2005 6:26 pm

1st a Sabre Squadron has nuthing to do with Sabre jets.

Sabre Squadrons are what make up the SAS.
They consist of 5 platoons. A B D and G, with R in reserve.

There were "TWO" Normandy missions.
I liked the "fantasy island" mission, that was the 1st mission I felt was worthy of a special operation.
Altho the 2nd one was incorrectly dated before the American landings.

Im assuming you have a terrible connection, and dont know how to get things to work.
I have hundreds of demos, the only 1 that never worked was the 1st Hitman demo. And that was becuz it was 2 outdated for my machine.
Are you sure your not DLing BETAs?

The HD2 mp demo had Normandy 3 and Czech 3. And sp was Normandy 2.

The faces thing, thats just a bug in the demo. The full version has the corrisponding faces.

The Tiger does destroy the bridge, but only after shooting it more then 3 times.

The Bazooka in Korea was fired against the tank while they were pushing forward. The armor was sloped, so the rounds would slide off. Same problem in WW2 with most German tanks. In game the tanks arnt accuratly modeled for damage, but a Tiger will not be destroyed by 1 round in the front.

There positions are fine, tho they could use forward positions on the sides of the hills. How are they siucidle? LoL

The weapons, well. Who are we talking about here? Assuming thse are paras or other SAS or commandos? The regular British forces didnt use the M1A1 Thomson to my knowledge. They used the 1928A1 but it was completly fased out and replaced by the Sten by June 6th 44. I dont see why they would bother to issue them the M1A1. Garands were used by the British Commandos. Every military admired the Garand. Enfields? Well your SAS guys wouldnt have been using them in Italy, they stoped used them in Africa. Yes they got ahold of the Carbine in 1943 and I dont have the exact date so it could have been late 43. But I doubt it, the Carbine did exist at that time and even if they werent using it on a wide scale in 42 its quite possible that 1 guy in your unit could have been using 1. Even 1 guy at the bridge, :). I think the briefing says they are supposed to be SAS, but I think they diont have DEMO training. The CC well, it started in trial form in 1942 and was ready for submissle to the board by 43, again I dont have the exact date, but I think it was early 43. That can quite possibly be there. The BAR, well thats simple. The guys position offers no real way to use a Bren. He needs a heavy weapon he can fire while standing. Too much work to recode the Bren like the ZB26 so that they can fire it while standing. :)

I think everythign you dont like that is native to SS is completly falsified.
Reanalize please!
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

AK
Private

Unread post by AK » Sun May 22, 2005 4:20 am

The Bazooka in Korea was fired against the tank while they were pushing forward. The armor was sloped, so the rounds would slide off. Same problem in WW2 with most German tanks. In game the tanks arnt accuratly modeled for damage, but a Tiger will not be destroyed by 1 round in the front.
I could explain this in depth, but I'm not going to. What I will say:

- The M1 Bazooka is perfectly capable of destroying a tiger with a single round to the frontal glacis plate. Why? Because a Tiger's (Unlike a Koningstiger's) armour is not sloped well enough to provide the aforementioned "Round deflection" which increases the relative RHA-thickness of said armour.

Why is this? Because if you think of early HEAT ammunition (That is what the Bazooka, Panzerschreck, and Panzerfaust are; simple launchers for primitive HEAT ammo), it could achieve fairly good penetration rates and thus kill crewmen or even destroy the vehicle outright, although disabling the vehicle was more likely, with single rounds. This is due to the chemical-energy penetration principle, rather than the kinetic-energy penetration principle of the basic armour-penetration rounds available at the time.

Also, spalling would play a large role. No effective Spall liner was developed until 1955 or so, when it was installed on most Soviet and most NATO tanks of the time. Spalling is, in short, the fragmentation of the interior of the vehicle (From either failed penetrations or other damage) through the basic principle of energy-transfer and material overload.

And from there it just gets more complex.

Most German tanks, as you incorrectly stated, did not have sloped armour. Most of them had very "Straight-edge" armour; relying entirely on thickness rather than applied-slope to survive incoming rounds. The Panzer-V (Panther) was the first vehicle to incorporate "sloped armour" as a design principle.

Look at their hulls. Some German Panzers have sloped-construction principles applied to their turrets, but never on a large scale until the introduction of the PzKpfw-V, as mentioned above, where hulls were also sloped. Funnily enough, it took them that much time to realize it, the T-34 had been using that principle since 1939. (T-34/Mod.39)
-- A better signature is coming soon.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun May 22, 2005 5:32 am

Well, actually. What vehicles are you talking about that are "very straight"?
Im not just talking about the Panzers 3 4 5 and 6.

About the Tiger, Im talking about ingame. He said the Tiger is a pussy in game becuz its like able to be herbed by the bazooka. And I said that you cant kill a Tiger as easily as he is making it seem he thinks it is.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

deadlyart
Private

Unread post by deadlyart » Wed May 25, 2005 2:55 am

good job on the walk through