V1.12 Dedicated Server?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
PaiNx
Private

V1.12 Dedicated Server?

Unread post by PaiNx » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:59 pm

I was wondering if anyone heard info on the v1.12 dedicated server. I had a server running with v1.12 called Tactical Battleground. It seemed to run fine, but when I did a server reboot it gave me and error about HD2.exe had an error.

I am in the process of uploading the required files to host all modes of play, but if they are planning to release a newer version of the dedicated server i will abort this plan.

If there is no news I will continue upload and host the files on my space. If anyone wants to help in figuring this out with me contact me at

painx@tacticalportal.net

I want to make and installer and everything if possible. I just need to find out exactly what is required to host a DS.

Thanx,
PaiNx

Jason
Administrator

V1.12 Dedicated Server?

Unread post by Jason » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:27 am

No news that I know of about any new patches. I could try to find out for yah 8)
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

PaiNx
Private

V1.12 Dedicated Server?

Unread post by PaiNx » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:13 pm

Well I managed to get everything uploaded, and the only problem I am having is with Co-Op mode always dropping. I read the error report it generates, and it states that there is an Access Violation.

I am not sure if this is just with Co-op. Maybe I still need to tweak some things to get it working properly.

I will leave 3 servers running with the following modes:

Tactical Battleground (Objective)
Tactical Battleground (Occupation)
Tactical Battleground (Deathmatch)

I will monitor them today to see how well they perform. If you have any feedback let me know. Like lag, connections dropped, server settings, etc.

I am not sure how many players my server can handle, and thats why I will need feedback if possible.

Thanx,
PaiNx

UPDATE:
The Objective and Deathmatch server seem to be acting wierd. I will try to get this resolved if possible. The Occupation server seems to be fine.

PaiNx
Private

UPDATE!

Unread post by PaiNx » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:17 am

Well I guess I will have to stick with the version I had running before. It will only contain the original maps using the occupation mode of play.

If you have any suggested settings for the server post them here.

Tactical Battleground (US-EAST)
Number of players is 32
Point Limit 0
Round time 30min
Round limit 3
FF active (50%)
Spawn Protection 0
Auto Team Balance
3rd person view enabled

Maps

Normandy2
Czech4
Czech6
Burma1
Alps1
Actric4
Africa5

I will also be hosting a Team Speak 2 server. Feel free to join that as well, and it will have a limit of 32 player for that channel. Codec setting is 12.3Kbit speex.

Address : 65.110.52.116 : 8767

Thanx, and Enjoy
PaiNx

Alexander
Captain

V1.12 Dedicated Server?

Unread post by Alexander » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:58 pm

what a pleaseant young man! i wonder if he could be so kind to let ?NR? seize those servers... muhahhahahaa :twisted:
hehe
Rendevouz with destiny!

PaiNx
Private

V1.12 Dedicated Server?

Unread post by PaiNx » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:43 am

Alex check you Inbox.

KoD
Corporal

V1.12 Dedicated Server?

Unread post by KoD » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:38 pm

PaiNx, typically number of players is limited by your connection (upload speed). Usually to have a best on-line experience each player should have a dedicated 64 to 128 kbps. but I've seen people with 512Kbps hosting larger scale or players.
2Mbps pipe should be adequate for 32 players, but 5 would just rock :)

I have played number of times on your server and always had a very good experience, are you located in USA?

Kiss Of Death

PaiNx
Private

V1.12 Dedicated Server?

Unread post by PaiNx » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:24 am

Yes the connection is located in Florida, USA. The connection running is 10Mbit. I have a really good connection myself. RoadRunner has upgraded thier service to 6Mbit. I can now probably host quite a few on my own computer now.

PaiNx
Private

V1.12 Dedicated Server?

Unread post by PaiNx » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:33 am

This will be the last and final day I have the server up, as I have cancelled my service. It was costing too much money for myself to run. I hope in the future I will get a really good server up and running. I am thinking in the way of 100Mbit connection, Dual Xeon, 2gig memory, the works..

IF anyone feels like joining me in this venture I will gladly help out as much as I can. Just leave me a PM and we can talk later about it over voice comms.

Ventrilo v 2.2.0 Server

voice.hypernia.net:3787

Password: peeps

Have fun and enjoy the last day of my H&D 2 Server. I had quite a few good games on that server with a bunch of great people. I would like to continue to offer my services at a later time.

The name of the server is Tactical Battleground (US-EAST)
Number of player : 32
Game Mode : Occupation
FF : 50%
Number of Rounds : 3
No Time Limit

Later,
PaiNx

Update : I will also put up my TeamSpeak2 Server as well, so you can all chat amongst each other.

Tactical Battleground

65.110.52.116:8767

Enjoy :)

rodrigopx
Private

Re: V1.12 Dedicated Server?

Unread post by rodrigopx » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:26 pm

oi personal I am Brazilian and I have the H&D2 more I I do not obtain to play multiplay I I have that to install version 1.12.0 for me I obtained I play with vocês I help to debtor my email me I am rodrigopx@hotmail.com I can answer me therefore utilizor an obliged system of translation