What's wrong with H&D2 Multiplayer?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Nick_Killington
Private

What's wrong with H&D2 Multiplayer?

Unread post by Nick_Killington » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:02 am

hello lads,

i am new here, although i have been playing H&D2 for years now. we usually get together with some mates and love playing very tactical, moving in formation and generally like completing mission without a single death. we try and make as realistic as possible.

anyway, a friend of mine and myself tried to play multiplayer. the problem is, over 99% of all servers are either locked, blocked, under key, whatever. very rarely, there is a game going on for some new guys to come in and join the battle.

is there a policy, or is there some sort ot secret leagues going on, lol?

is there something wrong with my equipment maybe and thats why i cant join any games? i have foru original copies, i dont use wireless and generally i think my kit is in order.

thank you for your time.

Nick

Lars
Commando

Re: What's wrong with H&D2 Multiplayer?

Unread post by Lars » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:10 pm

At first you should get the last patch installed (1.12) and also you should try to get the AddOn Sabre Squadron. If you have done that you should see much more servers in your list. HD2 MP is pretty crappy in the last years. You can nearly never have one hour with playing without seeing someone cheat/glitch in walls or use the codetables. Try to find an Server where some admins are arround and kicking these ppl (GS/RS servers for example)

unidentifiedSAS
Private

Unread post by unidentifiedSAS » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:32 am

Hey nick its steel. Ha ha probably wouldnt expect this rite? Anyway the thing that you need to do is open ports 11001,11002,11003 and 11004 I think. See if these are opened and try again
-What hurts more than a frontal assault on the enemy's base is poor planning-

Vinicius RPM
Private

Unread post by Vinicius RPM » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Hello everyone
I can not play multiplayer mode on HD2, did not yield any server, Augu help me?

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:21 am

Vinicius RPM wrote: Hello everyone
I can not play multiplayer mode on HD2, did not yield any server, Augu help me?
Need more info.
If you are not seeing any servers at all then it will be your firewall blocking the game. Try disabling your firewall for a few minutes then try, if it works then you will need to configure your firewall to allow HnD2 access to the net. Can you create a LAN server, i do this this when i want to play the MP maps alone. Even if your firewall is blocking the game you can still create a LAN server & play on your own.