Win7 server problems

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Giskard
Private

Win7 server problems

Unread post by Giskard » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi! I found a host-problem under windows7. Every time I start a host, my game cannot see in the game-browser menu. Firewall, ports (11001-11004 UDP) are opened. Every other game is working as host (SWAT4, Steam games...etc.), anybody can join to my server except in Hidden & Dangerous 2. The starnge is that we tried it with Hamachi and Tunngle, but the server stayed invisible, and the client cannot find it with IP address. So it's very strange and I don't want any more idea.

Please help to me, this is our favourite game and we want to play with it in coop. Is there any special setup in win7?

Thanks!

Giskard
Private

Re: Win7 server problems

Unread post by Giskard » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:35 pm

ok the problem is "fixed". Under win7 you cannot make a visible and joinable server. Use XP...

sabrizain
Private

Re: Win7 server problems

Unread post by sabrizain » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:39 am

I'd recently setup H&D Deluxe running on a LAN at home using Hamachi. The server runs on an XP machine and the client is a Windows 8 machine. In the multiplayer settings for TCP/IP, I just left the boxes for IP address and Port no. blank (for both the server and the client) and the two computers connected and it worked fine. Hamachi probably assigns the numbers automatically.