Why only hd2 servers?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Sergeant

Why only hd2 servers?

Unread post by 2k » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:12 pm

Why only hd2 servers online, not ss with ghewer, panzershreck and ocupation maps(normandy(big), alps, ardenes)? It s just cos people don't like it, or some server side problems? Just interesting cos there are nice maps and stuff.

Lars
Commando

Re: Why only hd2 servers?

Unread post by Lars » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Cause only a few players have sabre, that's why most servers runing the normal hd2 only

Sergeant

Unread post by 2k » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:00 pm

well, thats strange. On the bad end it's easy to find ss in the internet(to download it) for now.  Also there a lot of coop mode servers and a lot  players playing on it, which is ssquadron feature only, if im not wrong. :|

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Thats right .. only with sabre is coop avaivable. But I always thought that coopplayers are not playing Occ DM and Obj. A bit strange thats true

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:00 pm

You might actually be surprised then, at how many players do have SS. I think most people just don't like the maps.

When I host occupation or objectives, I usually first start up with Ardennes Ob or Occu, then switch to Alps3 or Normandy4 depending on the mode. I get a lot of people joining, but they don't stay long. I would say about 10% say they love the map and wish more people would run it, maybe 5% say they never new the maps existed and about  15% say they hate them and ask for "that night village map" or "that map in the streets with all the corners and the bank". The rest just disconnect, either right away or after dying one or two times.

Sure there are a fair share of those that don't have SS, but I think there are too many servers catering to them. The expansion was like 5 dollars over here in the US, with great improvements. The only things I really dislike are the removal of the Easter eggs, the ability to climb on vehicles and the ability to heal anyone in DM mode. I used to host DM all the time back before SS; used to have a king of the tower night that lots of people used to like. After they took out the ability to effectively team up in DM I stopped playing it. :mrgreen: Now I just convert the occupation maps into a TDM thing but people don't really get it.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Sergeant

Unread post by 2k » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:06 pm

I think the people don't stay along also maby because you switch game modes. Never play on your server, how its called and when you host it? It would be very good i think if there was just one regular server with ocupation ss maps and features in server list  :roll:

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:10 pm

I never switch game modes during games; they leave because they don't like to lose. grin01 I host when ever I am playing the game, sometimes I get back into HD2 and play for a few weeks or maybe a few months before I'm on to something else again. Right now Iv been playing a game called Mount & Blade, a new version, a stand alone expansion called Warband, just came out and I was playing the beta just before. The first game so far is better than the new version, but I'm still addicted. :mrgreen: Do you have MSN or AIM or some third party thing?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Sergeant

Unread post by 2k » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:18 am

no, i have no any messenger

not played in mount and blade, but recommend to play red orchestra, old but still good game about ww2 with vehicles and realistic weapon system  focused on ost front. thup01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84cOLK1c ... re=related
Last edited by 2k on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:10 pm

I believe I played Red Orchestra: Combined Arms, I was not really into it.