hidden and dangerous 2's story line

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
olemiss
Corporal

Unread post by olemiss » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:53 am

i noticed a few had said it was whack, basically, i was just curious as to why you thought so... it's just as good as the sabre squadron, the SAS were used first in norway, then africa, burma, normandy, they didnt have much of a 'story' in real life, that's just how it was, there were missions... H&D2 got it good, however SS... i think they got lazy making the last mission, rescuing the pow's? it just seemed kinda lame:)

new guy
Sergeant

Unread post by new guy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:22 am

allthough the real SAS first misssions were in north africa.

Grenni
Sergeant

Unread post by Grenni » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:08 pm

In HDD the campaigns were much longer, like the German campaign with Steiner or the Norway campaign where you should destroy the sub-marine. So you went through a couple of missions before reaching the goal or had to get away from the target area. And even the shorter campaigns were more coherent. That was some sort of story-line.
In H&D2 you only had this line in the arctic and african campaigns somehow, but those were the first campaigns and then there was no more. The Alps... get to the castle, do your job in the castle and... full stop. Normandy and Burma had missions without any connection to each other. Even though I liked the czechian campaign, most of the missions were independent from each other.
Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet!

olemiss
Corporal

Unread post by olemiss » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:30 pm

basically, thats how it was in real life, they were just called to wherever... the escape aspect wouldnt be that pleasing, it basically meant just getting the hell out of there, walking for 200 miles sometimes to be picked up, i'd personally rather not have a mission that required 2 days of nonstop walking in the woods.

Alexander
Captain

Unread post by Alexander » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:15 am

complaining on the story line... well if u read diary, and misssion "briefing" u will see that they seemed to have forgotten a lot of stuff, through the missions.. like for example: u need to infiltate a german oasis!, but when the mission is done diary says: our vehicle stopped but luckily there was an oasis nearby! :S:S:S
Rendevouz with destiny!

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:25 pm

The above makes sense to me Alex :wink:

Your objective is to take over the Oasis... the diary just says that they broke down and there was an Oasis near by :)
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

olemiss
Corporal

Unread post by olemiss » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:07 am

exactly, it says what happens (happened) in the mission! the people who originally built the fort wouldn't just randomly build it in the middle of a bunch of sand dunes, it had to have water. therefore, in the middle of north africa, anyplace with running water is solid gold real-estate.

Alexander
Captain

Unread post by Alexander » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:04 am

hehe... ok ok... but i often see mission ... ummm errors .. cant come up with any at the moment though...
Rendevouz with destiny!