a forgetful veteran wants to know...

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
synchro
Private

a forgetful veteran wants to know...

Unread post by synchro » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:36 pm

... can u pick up dead bodies in h&d2?

i call myself a veteran cos i played original bugged h&d w ppl from canada & uk co-op and we had the time of our lives on 56k modems with all the crashes hat went with the first release!!! then delux came out, GREAT!
then h&d2! not so great wo the co-op.. oh, how we booed and hissed!
then sabre squadron!! hurray!! co-op at last!

but, i bought this recently [again, this is the 3rd time i've bought h&d2!] and there is no manual in the dvd case and no pdf file! i played the SP thru twice, got hold of an old scratched copy of sabre sq... that was several months ago...
i AM getting old... i admit it!

but can u lift dead bodies? or am i getting mixed up with another [stealth]/tactical shooter?

thnx guys

oh, several more things... i downloaded the 120mb 1.12 sabre update and on the main screen it told me it was v1.11. how is this possible? i autoupdated and it seemed to fix it.
and although i can host a server my friend cannot see it using every setting in the MP menu [ie, we wanted a co-op, non passworded, non dedicated served mission]. i opene my windows firewall to everything exe in the h&d2 folder but still nothing.
can anyone give me any hints how to fix this other than both of us defragging and reinjstalling/updating this game AGAIN?

one thing i've learned about h&d games.. you gotta LOVE them cos otherwise you just wouldn't play them. they drive ya nuts!

ta ta
NEVER SAY DIE AGAIN!

Lars
Commando

Re: a forgetful veteran wants to know...

Unread post by Lars » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:42 pm

You can pick up enemy bodies in the sp but not in the mp
About the servers. Can both of you join other servers without problems?
Did you got a serverinfo?
Have you opened ports 11001-11004+27900+28900?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: a forgetful veteran wants to know...

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:15 pm

Just click on the bodies and find the action to pick them up. You need to be carrying light or you can't pick them up.

If you have Sabre Squadron installed you don't need the 120mb version of the patch; that is for people that do not have the expansion. You need the smaller version.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: