Real green - offline/online playing

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
cobler
Private

Real green - offline/online playing

Unread post by cobler » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:09 pm

Hi,

Excuse my real dumb question - I'm a babe in computer games, but wanna learn.

Of present I wanna play offline and I read on one forum here (quote):

"I have played H&D for two years now. But never online." (end quote)

FIRST Q: So can I play Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe completely offline, without any hitches?

SECOND Q: any chance there are other strategy action games like Hidden & Dangerous  which I could play offline?

I would sure appreciate help here - cos the other night I downloaded "Wolfenstein - ET" - spent a couple of days traying to play it offline - no success - then read somewhere on a site - after loads of searching about it - that it is an online game!

It would be great for the likes of me if there were a list of these strategy war games which can be played offline -  :-?

All the  Best

Lars
Commando

Re: Real green - offline/online playing

Unread post by Lars » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:25 pm

cobler wrote:
FIRST Q: So can I play Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe completely offline, without any hitches?

SECOND Q: any chance there are other strategy action games like Hidden & Dangerous  which I could play offline?
- Yes! HDD is mainly an singleplayer game witch features that it can be played in coop with others.
- Would suggest HD2 and Bertgold or Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1+2 .. guess others will know more games

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:17 am

Welcome to the forums! :mrgreen:

I think you will find most games in the strategy/tactical genre are primarily offline based-games. The Rainbow Six franchise of games is also very good, more recently the Rainbow Six, Vegas games. Swat 4 is old but a very good game as well. Death to Spies is another World War 2 based game which has no multiplayer at all, it is based more around stealth and tactics.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

cobler
Private

Unread post by cobler » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi jason,

frown01  I guess I'm greener than green - just downloaded what's supposed to be; "Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe for free!" from:  http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/deluxe/download.php -

It says there:

"you can download the complete full version game Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe for free! That's right it is all completely legal because it was part of the advertising campaign for Hidden & Dangerous 2" -

Well it downloads OK but what I got wont open to play - Vista Home premium - or is it myself?

All I saw was a first screen with a choice of profile and easy/medium/hard for game and then NOTHING but a reverse arrow which opens a quit yes/no - no gets back to first screen - yes gets to advert to buy some other game or episode.

Anyone tell me if that's what I should have expected and that the words: you can download the complete full version game Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe for free!" mean youcan download it for free BUT YOU CANT PLAY IT FOR FREE?

Or am I missing something? Was I hoping for too much for free? Anyone know of games like that which are GENUINELLY free in that they can be played free after free download?  no_01

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:23 pm

Its free don't worry, when you get to the screen with easy, medium, hard, you have to enter a profile username and then click what setting you want (easy medium or hard).
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

cobler
Private

Unread post by cobler » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:06 pm

nods01 Many thanks Jason for that confirm note that "Hidden and dangerous de luxe" is full and free - I've got it going OK after another try - real dumbo me - when I made profile I didn't press 'Enter' but wen on to choose 'easy' - of course without the profile being 'entered' nothing happened.

Now just to learn all the commands/choices - steep learning curve for me.

I came accross a 'walkthrough' text for Hidden .. . Looks good - refers to an 'analog stick' - any chance you/anyone  have a moment to advise on this - I'm using an Acer Aspire 8930G-643G25Mn Laptop with Vista Home Premium (have preordered Win7 for October).
:|

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:29 pm

It must be a walkthrough for a console version of H&D. You don't need to worry about analogue sticks (they're the little joystics on console controllers that would be used for moving and aiming), you have your mouse and keyboard. They're a far superior method of control for H&D.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:58 pm

I disagree... As I love the mouse and keyboard over controllers in most cases, H&D for The Dreamcast was superior in controls for me than when I play it with mouse and keyboard.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Wesley
Sergeant

Unread post by Wesley » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:01 pm

Comment about "Wolfenstein - ET,"

it's not a strategy game, it's more or less a first person shooter. It used to be quite a riot, but these days I find connecting to a server is totally impossible because they all want huge volumes of modifications, all different, which you have to download before connecting. Oh, what's this? Modifications cause ET to crash and corrupt the settings file? So yeah, even if all that worked you would still have to sift through a hideous mess of settings and maps. But even if you did connect, that wouldn't mean you found a server with good honest players.