Having fun with some of the completed maps.

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Sneaky_S_O_B
Private

Having fun with some of the completed maps.

Unread post by Sneaky_S_O_B » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:58 pm

OK, disclaimer for the purists, I did use a cheat.

What I did was replay the second Alps map using the giveitem cheat.  I wanted to see if I could play the level without triggering the alarm.  What I learned is that you can't complete the map without triggering the alarm but you can kill most of the bad guys before triggering it which means you only have to listen to the alarm for a very short period of time. Basically just long enough to get you and the girl to the exit.

Here's what I did.  I equipped the german fighting knife as soon as the level started.  Then I knifed the clerk who was sitting at the desk.  Then I did the cheat to equip a Sten with silencer.  Next I went to the locked door by the clerk's desk, pried the lock and promptly shot the officer inside.  After doing this, I hid the clerk's body in that room.

Now you have to hurry and get the papers to the officer across the courtyard, then go back and wait for the soldiers to unload the ammo.  Now keep in mind that two soldiers will do this so to keep my stealth bar from depleting, I stood just outside of the door and back in that dark corner.  From here you can watch them bring in the ammo boxes and go back for more.  They are only facing you for a few seconds so your bar doesn't deplete and quickly recharges before the next soldier faces you.  What I did was save every time a soldier turned away from me and entered the large room where you start.  This allowed me to go back and reload when the last box was brought in.  It is key to do this because of how I killed these two soldiers.  You only have a few seconds to do it before they both go into the door on the right which I can't get access to.  Not sure if anyone else can but I can't.  I did use the cheat to glitch into the walls and it appears the areas was made to be accessable but not sure if that is only for multiplayer.

Anyway, what happens is when the last box is being brought in, the other solder will still go to the truck to get another box.  When he sees there aren't anymore, he will come back and go into the door on the right.  What you want to do is while he is going to the truck, go in and knife the other solder in the back.  Then run back to the door and knife the last second soldier as he attempts to go into the door on the right.  Both of these soldiers I put into the same room as the clerk and officer.

From here, I did two things.  I taunted a couple of the courtyard soldiers into stalking me into the beginning area where I could kill them using the Sten and not raise the alarm.  What I learned is that even if you kill two people in the same room, if you do not do it simultaniously the alarm will be raised.  In other words if you are seen killing anyone, even if you very quickly kill the other guy, the alarm is raised and the mission fails.

There is one difference here.  For some reason I was able to repeatedly shoot at the guy across the courtyard on the second level solong as the second guy was not up there.  I did finally kill him even with the poor dispersion of the Sten.  I did this by simply leaning around the corner and shooting at him when no other soldiers were visible.  I had already killed two of the courtyard soldiers.  I believe there were four altogether.

SO now I progressed through the castle and killed most of the soldiers.  In the large dining hall where there were three soldiers, I experienced and exemption to the rule of killing multiple enemies in one room.  I shot the soldier with the MP44 first and then quickly shot the two officers.  No alarm was raised.  I used the room with the gold to hide these soldiers.  I did learn later that this really isn't necessary since there aren't any patrolling gurads throughout the castle.

What I was able to do in the end was kill every single soldier with the exception of the two left in the courtyard that were sticking fairly close to the gate, and the two soldiers outside of the archive that the girl takes you to.  Also, the officer that comes to get you when you take the documents still cosme through the door and a few soldiers did spawn in it appears, to impede your progress to the gate.

When you take the documents and shoot the officer who comes in, the alarm will sound.  I haven't figured out a way around this.  I believe it is because one fo the two soldiers is in view and sees you kill him.  I could not figure out a way to kill them without sounding the alarm because you can't get a clear shot of both of them.  Also, I think that shooting windows in the process of killing somebody will raise the alarm.  I could be wrong on that but it did seem to do this.

Excpet where I killed multiple people in one room, I think I could have done the same thing with the knife and did in fact kill some of the soldiers with the knife.  The reason I think the Sten is necessary is that I used the room with the officer in it to hide the bodies.  I might have been able to use the door on the left across the hall though.

I am curious if anybody else tried this and if they were able to find a way to complete the mission without raising the alarm at all.

BTW, I just remembered, I did kill the two guards in the courtyard that were haning near the gate.  Both were walking two very small patrol patterns near the gate.  What I did was this.  At the large dining hall / conference room where Ikilled the sitting soldier and two officers, I then killed the soldier in the hallway outside of that room.  Then I opened the door and procedded to open the door that overlooked opened up onto that porch area overlooking the courtyard and gate.  This porch also has steps leading to the courtyard.  I poped in and out of the door with my stengun visible until I saw a soldier rach for his rifle.  You have to be quick because you don't want him to shoot at you.  You just want him to pursue you.  He will eventually creep into the building where you can hose him down with the sten.

The key was to never let them get a shot off.  One shot and the alarm is raised.

I was thinking about replaying some of the other missions and only using Jap or Russina weapons.  The Spagin looks fun since it holds so many rounds.  I'm curious if others have found ways to have fun with some of the other missions in this way?

One thing I did not like was how even the guys with good shooting skills seemed to have great difficulty keeping their scopes from swaying drasticily even in the prone position.  In fact i saw little to no difference in the sway of the gun from standing to crouching to prone.  In the prone position, there should be very little sway.
Last edited by Sneaky_S_O_B on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sneaky_S_O_B
Private

Re: Having fun with some of the completed maps.

Unread post by Sneaky_S_O_B » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:24 pm

Went back and played the Iceberg map with just a Spagin and a bunch of health packs.  Had to learn the hard way that you have to go around the right side of the berg if you are going to play it with a close quarters weapon.  The dog ran up on me from behind though and got a few bites in. haha