Easter Eggs

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Sneaky_S_O_B
Private

Easter Eggs

Unread post by Sneaky_S_O_B » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:12 pm

While playing the campaign, I found a list of the Easter Eggs and took the time out during the Burma mission to shoot the three skulls and trigger the Easter Egg.  I thouhgt it was relatively cool and figured I would go back and try to trigger the other easter eggs.

however, on my first attempt, I did the Spaghetti Airport mission and played it all the way through.  Then, before assembling the crew at one vehicle, I located the circular pit, drove the jeep there, assembled 3 of the crew and disbursed them in areas to fight off the "baddies" that are supposed to spawn, then took the 4th guy and shot the officer in the main building.  Then I carried him to the pit, dropped him nearby, drove the jeep into the pit, picked up the officer, dropped him onto the jeep, then threw a nade as instructed which blew up the jeep triggering black smoke coming from the engine of the jeep.  No baddies spawned.

I did this several times, even making sure I placed the officer directly on the hood/bonnet of the jeep.

I'm sure I have the right circular pit as described in the EE description.  It is the closest one past the tents to the left of the runway.  If you do not shoot the p[lane that takes off, the one that is parked by the tents, it takes off from that runway.  If you use that as a guide, the pit is to the left of that runway.

Now here's the thing, I have completed the campaign so I tried this first in the single player/single mission mode.  Then I selected the single player/ campaign mode which shows all of the missions I completed.  I selected the Spaghetti Airport mission and it had my crew there just as they were in that missin.  Same stats, etc...

I do have the cheats as that was included in the list of EEs I downloaded and I have gone back and played around with some of the other weapons including the MP44 but I made sure I only used the weapons available for that mission.  I'll admit that the first time I was loking forward to cutting these baddies down with MP44s so I equipped everyone with an MP44 at the start of the mission the first try but then thought that maybe the presence of MP44s was causing the baddies not to spawn seeing as how one of them spawns with an MP44.  So like I said, when I replayed it again, I made sure I only took the weapons available for the mission.  Basically I had one Springfield with scope, a BAR, a Bren and a Garand.  After kiling the enemy, I took the guy with the Garand and swapped it for the K98 with scope.  Then I set them up to battle the baddies that are supposed to spawn.  I set both sniopers up and the Bren in three different directions from the pit.  Then I took the guy with the BAR and had him kill the officer in the mainbuilding and used him to perform all the stuff.  Oh, and BTW, I did use the guy with the Bren to set up the FLAK truck to use that against the baddies.  I planned to make quik work of them.  :twisted:

Anyway, the point being that I could not get the baddies to spawn no matter what.  Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if the EE only works if you do it as you are playing the campaign, not after the campaign is beaten.

BTW, I had had the trouble with a bug on the one Alps castle mission in mode where you have to kill all the enemy.  I'll write another post on the fun I had redoing that mission. It is fun the way I did it the second time.  But anyway, this map caused me to have to replay the campaign from the start in campaign mode so when I did, I thought I would do the training and trigger the EE there.  Problem is that when I did I had two problems.  #1 was that I could not get my guy to climb up onto the truck to get the gold bar.  So I drove the truck to a spot where I could get high enough to see onto the top of the truck.  What I saw was what I didn't see...a gold bar.  Yeah, there was no gold bar on top of the truck that I could see.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Easter Eggs

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:19 am

What version of the game are you playing? What happened when you shot the skulls?

If you cannot climb on vehicles you are playing a version of the game that has the Easter eggs disabled... The golden bar in the training is not on the truck, it is on the roof of the garage above the truck.

The Easter eggs will not work unless you are playing version 1.06 or before.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Sneaky_S_O_B
Private

Unread post by Sneaky_S_O_B » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:20 pm

I have version 1.12 but yet the easter egg in the burma map worked.  I shot all three skulls and three guys with blood on their shorts walked to the compound, then one guy made fire apear, one guy wizzed on the ground and the other guy doid something else, can't remember.  Then fire appeared from their heads and they started circling up into the air.  Then fireballs appeared in the sky in the shape of the Gathering logo. In addition, the rain turned to a neon red color.

This is the only EE I have been able to get to work but I did it when I was playing the campaign on sinlge player campaign mode.  Right now I am replaying the campaigns on Lonewolf mode but I did try to go back and replay those EE maps in the campaign mode and single mission mode but they did not work.  I can't do the training one for sure because I can't climb onto vehicles.  I might download V1.06 when I am done with the game to see if I can get the EEs to work.

You might try the Burma one though.  I did play that one with 1.12 and it did work when I smashed all of the skulls.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:53 am

Sounds like you downloaded a mod for Burma 1. Sounds like you are just seeing the client side effects. There were no explosions and no Agent Salter flying into the sky?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

SQDN LDR Ted Striker
Private

Unread post by SQDN LDR Ted Striker » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:38 pm

hi,
to activate the easter egg in AFRICA1 Spaghetti Airport, you must also shoot at two red water-barrels, until water comes out! One of them is located in front of the hangar, the other one in the eastern part of the main building. This should be done before blowing the jeep up. This way, the easter egg worked in my version 1.12.
Don't tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:31 pm

You have a mod Striker. :mrgreen:

Sneaky_S_O_B
Private

Unread post by Sneaky_S_O_B » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:39 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: Sounds like you downloaded a mod for Burma 1. Sounds like you are just seeing the client side effects. There were no explosions and no Agent Salter flying into the sky?

Yeah, I forgot about that part.  I activated it in the Lonewolf campaign and watched it again.  Yes there is an explaosion and Agent Salter flies up into the air before the other three dudes fly up.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:21 pm

The Shaman of Hate, Shaman of Illness and Shaman of Pain.