Urgent Question...

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
chinch123
Private

Urgent Question...

Unread post by chinch123 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:22 am

Hey everybody...
you lucky ones should really know that your us/uk version of the game is so much better than the german censored one, in which uk soldiers speak german and so on... :(
i kept up trying to change my german version into a us/uk one by searching for the files i need to replace, but those are a) way too big b) nowhere to find
so i gave up. but now theres one thing id at least like to do:
the german voices of the soldiers in-game are the stupiest ones ive ever heard in a ww2 game... it sounds like the developers tried to give a childish/amuseable/tame touch to the game by implementing "funny" speech...

now: is it possible to TURN OFF the in-game speech, but not the screams (when getting hit for example), just the speech for commands and so on (like: follow me, hold position, ok, roger, negative, etc...)

and: how can i modify the subtitles for commands and postitive/negative shouts? is there a file in which the subtitles can be changed?
i just found the subtitles for the movies/in-game sequences, but not for the in-game speech...

id be REALLY happy if anyone could help me with this...

capthavoc
Lieutenant

Urgent Question...

Unread post by capthavoc » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:20 pm

So when you install the game you can only choose german language ?
i didn't know this was the case ?