My H&D Obsession part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4 and part 5

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Jason
Administrator

My H&D Obsession part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4 and part 5

Unread post by Jason » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Okay let's start off by saying. I have been playing H&D since 1999 when I first played this demo:

It's clearly the best game ever as stated here:

Almost 10 years after beating the game I still buy stuff about H&D on ebay, like this [the guide is so cool]:

My collection so far...

The "blank" disc in the bottom left of the screen is a back up of all my H&D Deluxe work and other H&D stuff

[edit] I don't even own a dreamcast by the way, still waiting to buy one of those [/edit]

grin01  funny01
Last edited by Jason on Tue May 20, 2008 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Heatseeker
Corporal

Re: My H&D Obsession part 1

Unread post by Heatseeker » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:50 pm

Wow :shock: .

Hope you will include H&D 3 in that colection.. one day.

crusti
Sergeant

Unread post by crusti » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:07 pm

i first came across H&D on a friends pc, so i bought the dreamcast version, i think its the most complete pc to console conversion ever.

the first problem is the controller on the dreamcast, all them commands with through through a joypad but it works well when you start playing, but it still made me buy dreamcast mouse and keyboard, still never managed to complete it lol

So when H&D2 came out i bought it , loved it, then Sabresquadron came out loved it more, i used to play for ever online ( with norwegian resistance ) and the coops (thanks Capt Havoc, had some great missions with you) , i still play it alot on single player, but nowadays online is a bit to random for a proper planned mission.

Its nice too see others ( LARS is a Hero, and thanks to all the others who have the time and patience to edit) working hard on new mods for the game but after a while all the maps blend into one, we need new areas to play on.

On of the reasons i think the H&D series were not Blockbuster games is the fact you cant just "run n gun", im sure these been lots of people try H&D and because they die first or second shot they just give up

Its a real shame there no official editor or patches, let just hope H&D3 is real and they are working on it in secret.

And thank you Jason, im sure this forum has played a part in this games longlivety
Knowledge is Power
Share the Knowledge

Jinxx Gaming
Private

Unread post by Jinxx Gaming » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:20 pm

WOW.  That's quite the collection!

I gotta say, I'm an addict too.  A friend and I hang out almost nightly playing HD2 (he has 2 computers, he's on one I'm on the other) online, and it's definitely more fun than any other games I play.  Be it a deathmatch, co-op, or occupation match.  It's a great game!

Heatseeker
Corporal

Unread post by Heatseeker » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:41 am

I have a love/hate relation with H&D2, imho it didnt reach its full potential..

But its a great game full of unique features.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:08 am

Heatseeker wrote: I have a love/hate relation with H&D2, imho it didnt reach its full potential..

But its a great game full of unique features.
I totally agree. I was really disappointed at first but it grew on me, Sabre Squadron had me hooked with the first level, they really captured the feel of H&D1 in that level. From there however the game turned out just like H&D2.

When they make H&D3 they better not (listening guys?) dumb it down like in H&D2, we don't need big red flashing marks to show us where to place things. I really like how you can just place dynamite in H&D1 - it's more realistic.

There are things missing from my collection, as Lars pointed out last night :cry: I dont have any H&D posters (he does), but if any one else comes across some hanging up any where I will pay for them grin01

Godbee
Private

Unread post by Godbee » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:41 pm

Jason,

Nice collection you have there. I purchased that same guide for H&D1 (it was brand new) a little over 2 years ago on eBay. I agree, it is awesome and a very rare find. My biggest problem is being in the U.S. There is very little Hidden and Dangerous goodies floating around on this side of the pond. Almost everything I have bought so far has been from Europe. Id really like to give the H&D dreamcast version a try sometime!
Last edited by Godbee on Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xfire = 22Joe

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:29 pm

Haha, I am in Australia and there is only H&D2 listed for sale. I'm still trying to get a copy of H&D Devil's Bridge.

I just bought 2 copies of H&D1 factory sealed from 1999 :mrgreen: I haven't checked them out yet so I am holding in some of my excitement. I hope they arrive by friday in perfect condition.

For a dreamcast I think I will be going to a second hand store because they cost a fair amount of money on ebay.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:47 pm

I'm in the US and have never had trouble finding Hidden and Dangerous stuff.

The first time I played Hidden and Dangerous was the Dreamcast version back in 2000 or 2001. I had just gotten a Dreamcast a few days ago and was looking in all the ToysRUs' for peripherals and games, since the Dreamcast had already failed and everything was on clearance; and I found this game sitting by itself being the last copy and I could already tell I would like it, WW2 TPS/FPS and it was only ten dollars. Played it over and over and over.

Later on I got Hidden and Dangerous and Devils Bridge for the PC, but it wasn't as good as on the Dreamcast, never played the whole thing threw because it constantly disconnects my friends in coop. Though I did play through Devils Bridge with my wife in coop, since she doesn't get disconnected.

When I found out Hidden and Dangerous 2 was coming out I made sure I got it on the release date, Saber Squadron as well.

If and when I come across anything that has to do with Hidden and Dangerous, I get it.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Wesley
Sergeant

Unread post by Wesley » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:12 am

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: Later on I got Hidden and Dangerous and Devils Bridge for the PC, but it wasn't as good as on the Dreamcast,
The conversion is better than the original?  :eek:

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:10 pm

Yep, for sure, mostly because of the performance and controls.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

My H&D Obsession part 2

Unread post by Jason » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:52 pm

Some new additions:

[img width=544 height=600]http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/jun ... tion_2.jpg[/img]

You are probably wondering why there are some of the same items... well technically they are not, they are of the same product just another copy :oops: you see the Illumination strategy guide is in better condition than my last however the other copy of H&D1 is not, oh well I have 2 new and sealed on the way :mrgreen: as you can see there are two copies of CD only Devil's Bridge games - the guy was selling 2 so I got them both. The NTSC version of the sega dreamcast H&D game and of course the prima guide for H&D1 (which is cool). How much more can I add? grin01

Not crazy, just love the game.

funny01 funny02 nods01 help01

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:27 pm

Well if you got one of these goodies I would be very 
envious :mrgreen: http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2005/02 ... shuttles/1

spook8140
Private

Unread post by spook8140 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:15 pm

hi guy's
Just got the game HD2,what a great game!!!.Have played loads of ww2 fps,Brothers in arms,CoD2,CoD3,Medal of honour series.Saw this game in the shop,only £4.99 gbp,was a little wary,but am pleasantly surprised!!!!.Is it possible I can get a strategy guide from somewhere??,any tip's would be gratefully welcome.Thanks a bunch!!
Spook 8140.trooper,and Yes!! I am from Hereford Uk,home of the 22nd SaS.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:15 am

Lars wrote: Well if you got one of these goodies I would be very 
envious :mrgreen: http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2005/02 ... shuttles/1
I will... if anyone has any, I want! :mrgreen: