australian HD2 players

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.

are you an australian HD2 player?

yes
50%
no
50%

Total votes: 10

albino
Private

australian HD2 players

Unread post by albino » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:57 am

ive just reinstalled HD2 and thought i'd see how many aussie players there are here, as the servers seem to be all high ping.

stormboy
Private

Re: australian HD2 players

Unread post by stormboy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:40 am

yeh i'm oz, reinstalling right now,
see how it goes.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:20 pm

You can still get some good ones though, they are out there! nods01
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Ivegottheskill
Private

Unread post by Ivegottheskill » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:01 am

I'm going to reinstall this too, HD2 is easily my favourite WW2 shooter (beats Call of Duty 1/2/3 + BF1942 + Day of Defeat hands down IMO)

I just hope there are some decent HD2 servers still online and populated...
Last edited by Ivegottheskill on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:29 am

My favorite also out of all that I have played but I had lost my disk. I was still in the mood for WW2 and just this week started playing MOH Allied Assault again after like six years. On MOHAA though there are over one thousand servers, but more then 90% are empty 24/7. The rest are all running freeze tag mode or "realism" mods. These realism mods have 25 - 50 round Thompsons, 30 - 50 round BARs with like tree times the firing rate, full auto Kar98ks with 10 rounds, sniper rifles with 20 rounds and full auto, etcetera. Basically unplayable for a person like me, sometimes there is one good server though.

So after getting fed up with MOHAA and the two expansions, Spearhead was good but the servers still had those stupid mods and Breakthrough is not made by the same developer and is more like a CoD sweat, and has the same stupid servers... finally found HD2's "disk one". At first there were no servers, but by the morning EST, there were about seven or eight servers.

I played on one of them for a little while until I got bored and started up my own server in coop a few times during the night, got lonely fast. Had two people join that were Polish but didn't seem to speak English.

One of them was a trouble making with the Airstrike Radio and flare gun, firing flares and calling in airstrikes just anywhere near where we were standing, and then he attempted to team-kill me. The other had no idea what he was doing, kicked the trouble maker a few times, but he came back and said "sorry", I just let him stay, after they died and saw that there was no respawn they left.

Later I had a few people play on my server but over all seems like there are still a lot of "new" players which I don't understand. Still thought there are at least thirty players I saw playing today and yesterday and maybe around seven players which I know from before, though none that I know from the forums.

Any news on the "patch" that we are waiting for?

Addition: For the past few nights I have noticed more like fifteen servers up and populated decently, but still a lot of non English speaking players it seems.
Last edited by -ViTaMiHnM203- on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:05 am

No there is no news but you can trust that over the past 12 months I have been asking about it. It is always the same thing, the developers want to make it but they have to focus their efforts on their up coming titles.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Ivegottheskill
Private

Unread post by Ivegottheskill » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:08 am

Jason wrote:
No there is no news but you can trust that over the past 12 months I have been asking about it. It is always the same thing, the developers want to make it but they have to focus their efforts on their up coming titles.
I'd be surprised if one is made, but it would be great. I'm glad people are still playing this online. I really like some of the new coop maps people have made as well.

(UGF} Corporal Desola
Corporal

Unread post by (UGF} Corporal Desola » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:12 am

A patch was comming, and yeah, I got an Aussie, 8:30PM to 12:00PM (AEST) server going now, called UGF_Australian_Server if some of you want to come along. Amazingily enough the European players seem to flock on it arround '9 though thier pings are through the roof, I find sometimes Aussies can't get on because of the Euros, maybe I should regularily kick everyone or restart the sever, hmm...

I would love to have an old H&D2-only-POW roleplaying match sometime, it's basically don't go out there to shoot the surrenders, but then keep it realistic too and search them aswell, right?
Watch my personal text, it reveals how many days or how many kilobytes of code may pass before I'm seen on the forum and what I'm doing on those days; It's being as Zoolander would say "InFourMaTave in a small small way".