Airsoft, ww2

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Alexander
Captain

Airsoft, ww2

Unread post by Alexander » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:27 pm

I dont know if any of you even know what airsoft is, so ill start off by explaining a little:

Airsoft is a military simulation sport, kind of like paintball, were each player gets a "gun" each and divide into teams. The team then get different "military" tasks to handle, take for instance: Blue team: guard the cookies. Red team: Destroy the cookies.  Just as in the games really.

ANYWAY, the point of this topic is really: Anyone here that plays airsoft from time to time? :)

I was just on a ww2 airsoft reenactment game myself lst weekend, and i gotta tell you... It was the greates experience ive ever had :D i was fighting as a sergeant in the 101st airborne, fighting off some SS and fallschirm jagers!  :twisted: Ill post some pictures of it ASAP :) so much of it that reminded me of hd :P

Anyways... any more brothers in BB out there?  thup01
Rendevouz with destiny!

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Airsoft, ww2

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:50 am

I know airsoft, how did it remind you of HD?

Were you "guarding the cookies" from behind a desk?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:21 am

ANYWAY, the point of this topic is really: Anyone here that plays airsoft from time to time? :)
I do, but I have rather modern "gear" rather than WWII related, since WWII airsoft guns and authentic eguipment may sometimes have quite high prices, like MG42 as airsoft gun.... you literally need to pay your ass off for it  :lol:
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Alexander
Captain

Unread post by Alexander » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:52 am

hehe yeah i know, i got a modern kit as well offcourse! :D

me and some of the boys:

Iam getting a Garand during this fall  :twisted:

And here is some picture of my modern kit, Norwegian camo:

ill post some more pictures of my ww2 kit during the week, ill get some of the pictures from last weekend then
Last edited by Alexander on Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rendevouz with destiny!

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:34 pm

Another player here. I've also only got modern kit atm.
I've basically got a British army loadout only without the helmet or L85 as I prefer a balaclava or bush hat and L85s are too expensive. I've got a G33 as my main and MP5k PDW for CQB. I guess you could call it an SAS wannabe/ terrorist loadout.  :lol:

I'd like to try WW2 but can't really afford it, mainly because of the high cost of anything other than a tommy gun. If I did I'd proabaly have to go either British or German.

Instead I'm now working on a Vietnam loadout, got most of the kit and am now saving for a M14. I also quite fancy a modern Russian one some time too (RPK74  grin01) but I don't know if I'll be able to afford that before the stupid new laws come in banning the sale of replicas. Just depends on what they decide on when finalising it and when they bring it in.
Having said I think my next purchase will have to be a SigSauer 226 just to finish off my current kit.
Last edited by Lardassmonkey on Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexander
Captain

Unread post by Alexander » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:41 pm

AH yes, ive heard about that, ilegalising airsoft guns and etc. in the UK. kinda sucks really :S 

But i suppose you signed the petition going on ? the "save our sport" thing :P
Rendevouz with destiny!

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:52 pm

No I haven't bothered signing it becuae they won't listen to that. I'm just supporting the ABA (association of British Airsofters) in the hope they will be able to convince the right people to make the nessesary amendments to allow some reatilers to remain in business. You're right though, it does Royally suck. Oh how I love this governement. :roll:

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:44 pm

Nice pics there chap.

Actually, one guy I know who was some Fallschirmjaeger- related gear and K98k as airsoft gun. I remember when he showed a few pics of him long time ago and I first asked that was the photo recolored WWII picture at first  :roll:

Anyway, another guy I know actually owns MG42 airsoft gun. He said that it costed one hell of a fortune to him, hehe.

My own modern kit is kinda mixed stuff, but mostly related to US army. I have M733 Commando as main yet so far I have no backup.

I´m sure you have heard the bad reputition of Marui´s M773 Commando, and I was aware of it when I bought mine but actually it is extremely good model as the barrel is not shaking up like 99% of M773 Commandos. Pretty lucky bastard I am in that case  :cool:

Alexander
Captain

Unread post by Alexander » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:50 pm

hehe  well all the Marui m16 family weapons ive ever heard of get this shaking or wobble as i know it as  :shock:

Have a Knigth SR-16 marui custom, with systema parts myself. It should do approx 350FPS    sooo.. .:P

Regarding the MG.... well i suppose its a shoei? Ive had one of them firing after me as well last week, it sure packs a bunch!
Rendevouz with destiny!

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:14 am

shaking or wobble as i know it as
Well you´re lucky one. I remember seeing one guy having the barrel wobbling so much that his backup was even more useful (and accurate) than his M4.
well i suppose its a shoei?
Shoei?

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:46 am

I've heard a lot about the marui wobble, thats why I decided on either CA or ICS as I originally wanted a M4. Plus I prefer full metal bodies and the stock fps is higher.
I decided later I wanted something less common, thats why I switched to the G33.
I have mine running at 328 fps (max for AEGs at most sites in the uk) for thr G33 and around 300 for the MP5 as its for CQB/ back-up only.

The other annoying thing about that majority of ww2 guns other than the price is that they are gas which I find to be a bit of a pain when compared to electric.

Alexander
Captain

Unread post by Alexander » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:10 pm

Here is a little movie from the ww2 game I was on last weekend, iam obligated to inform you that the pictures and film materiel used in the movie is copyrighted  ;)

I will get back with a link to a bunch of pictures later on, in the meantime, enjoy the movie

http://www.totenairsoft.no/op_fortitude ... titude.mpg
Rendevouz with destiny!

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:29 am

Thats "An airsoft" and I think you need a piriod after "Op" - "Op."...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:08 pm

That also reminds me that a friend of mine atleast had Thompson as airsoft gun. Not sure about nowdays anymore.

Alexander
Captain

Unread post by Alexander » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:51 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: Thats "An airsoft" and I think you need a piriod after "Op" - "Op."...
lol vita, just shut it.. i didnt make it anyways! i was just there ;) '

Ye as said i gota tommy myself Oldih, one of the best quality airsoft weapons ive ever seen  fingers01
Rendevouz with destiny!